Anti nausea med available on board

Scherzermk

Mouseketeer
I prefer meclizine for motion sickness but I am having trouble finding it at home. I have scop patches and sea bands ordered. What is available on the Fantasy just in case? Thanks

I only saw Dramamine on board. I have heard they keep a bucket outside medical but we never checked out of fear we would be quarentined. We also bought a pack if needed.

They do have packets of single doses outside the medical office on deck 1. I have gotten it several times. They just hang it outside the door, no need to talk to anyone or see anyone, just grab what you need. I like it better than Dramamine or Bonine because they always make me extremely tired even the non drowsy ones. A crew member told me to try it once because its what they use and they can't have sleepy workers;)

If you have a Walgreens near you, you can get their generic meclizine (Wal-Dram II), as opposed to the brand name Bonine. I use all the time and it works great!

I use the brand "Bonine." They have it at Walgreens and Target. I've tried the generic Walgreens brand and it didn't work as well. I would normally discount it, it should be the same, but I actually learned that slightly different generic formulations can affect people differently. It was for a different medication I was on some years back, but the pharmacist did confirm that different generic formulations can sometimes do this. She refilled me for a different brand (of generic) of the meds I was on at the time and they worked (ironically, it was also an anti-nausea med I was on during my horrifying sufferfest of a pregnancy).

I know what you mean about generics. I have to use a brand name allergy medication because the generic just didn't work. However, the Wal-Dram II I use is strictly meclizine. The same amount as in Bonine. I'm sorry it didn't work for you. Everybody's systems are different.

I also use Meclizine. I have picked it up through Kaiser Pharmacy as a prescription. They also had an OTC version available.

My best friend and I both love the Bonine. But it's true, melds definitely affect people differently. MSPeeler you might ask your Pharmacist about something for the kids. Good Luck and have fun!

They do have packets of single doses outside the medical office on deck 1. I have gotten it several times. They just hang it outside the door, no need to talk to anyone or see anyone, just grab what you need. I like it better than Dramamine or Bonine because they always make me extremely tired even the non drowsy ones. A crew member told me to try it once because its what they use and they can't have sleepy workers;)
What is in the single dose packages? Thanks for letting us know about this. I was okay last cruise but a tablemate was definitely green around the gills the first night and I could've pointed her in that direction.

they had the "Dramamine less drowsy" on the magic and the ingredients read mezcline and they also had dramamine regular

What is in the single dose packages? Thanks for letting us know about this. I was okay last cruise but a tablemate was definitely green around the gills the first night and I could've pointed her in that direction.
It's a chewable meclizine HCI (25mg)

Sometimes I have seen just eating a some saltine crackers.........it works for some folks. It can be just a matter for liqiud in your tummy moving around and the saltines dry it up.

If motion sickness is a big issue for you, I would suggest you call your family Doctor and see what he (or she for that matter) would recommend for you.

AKK

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter