Another webcast which Members outside of North America cannot access. Now on Youtube.

Discussion in 'UK DVC Discussion' started by Samaya, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Samaya

Samaya DIS Veteran

Yet another webcast which DVC Members outside of the USA and Canada cannot access.

DISNEY VACATION CLUB is currently promoting a BEHIND THE GRAND DESIGN webcast event being screened during August on the 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th.

The webcast will be hosted by Samantha Brown and will be showing a behind-the-scenes look at The Villas Disneys Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Americans and Canadians whether Members or not can register via http://www.disneyvacationclubwebevent.com/ and all viewers will receive a limited edition Disney character lithograph.

If you click on the REGISTER NOW link there is a very short pre-webcast video to watch.

It's a shame the webcast is not open for world-wide viewing with maybe only those in the USA and Canada receiving the lithograph.

Also am I correct in thinking that we seem to always miss out, can anyone remember if there's every been a time when Members received a special offer but was limited to those living outside of the USA and Canada?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Revtel

Revtel Mouseketeer

It's probably because, for all it's slick packaging, this is basically just a sales pitch for timeshare, and therefore legally only applies in the US and Canada.

Would be nice to see though :confused3

4. Minniesgal

Minniesgal DIS Veteran

Are you sure it is only for the USA I signed up for it with no problems. I also signed up for the one on AKV last year.

5. Samaya

Samaya DIS Veteran

USA and Canada.
    Did you use your UK address and did you receive the limited-edition Disney lithograph for the last webcast?

But I suppose you could sign up by inputting one of the DVC resorts addresses as your own address or use a friends?

6. RDP

RDP DIS Veteran

having a problem accessing the web page for the new spa at SSR also. Disney really should consider its international audience.

7. Minniesgal

Minniesgal DIS Veteran

I used my UK address

8. crabbie1

crabbie1 DIS Veteran

Iv tried but asks for country you live in? Gives usa or canada as options. How did you answer that? I have used my DBM address as she lives in south carolina.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

9. Samaya

Samaya DIS Veteran

10. crabbie1

crabbie1 DIS Veteran

I dont understand why disney excludes us Brits of any special happenings etc. we pay like anyone else does and if you are a dvc member we should be treated the same as a US or Canadian member. Doesn't seem fair to me

11. Minniesgal

Minniesgal DIS Veteran

I booked it under my UK address but left USA as country it worked fine.

12. Disneymad

Disneymad DIS Veteran

Because it's essentially a timeshare pitch and thus there are different laws in different countries protecting consumers and it's a legal minefield for them.

Obviously it's not because they have anything personal against other nationalities, that would be silly :)

13. hunty

hunty Mouseketeer

I was able to register, and then attend today's session on the Grand Floridian

I live in Cheshire, didn't have any problems