Another trip to Orlando, feat Universal and Disney World (Complete)

RAPstar

Proud Redhead
Hello again! I'm Robbie for those of you over here who don't know me, Andy for most of you over here who do. I'm about 2 weeks out from leaving for Orlando, so I figured I'd do a small Pre-TR/placeholder for my future TR for my 3 days at Universal at the beginning of my trip.

7C369211-9FC3-4BE9-B13A-07D35F94C5E3_zpsiken2klf.jpg

So, as with every trip I had, I went back and forth a million times on what I wanted to do. I was originally just going to do Disney, but then I figured I should make use of the AP I got for my HHN trip last year so I didn't spend money on it for one trip. I wanted to do RPR, but it was just too much. After seeing the pre-grand opening special for the new Cabana Bay, I figured I'd stay there since it was still close enough (ish) to walk, and I'd still get early entry.

I know it's better to end with Universal since it's far easier to plan and relax, but if I did Disney first I'd miss SWW, and that was one of the selling points for doing a split stay. My plans this year for Universal are very easy:

Saturday
  • arrive
  • mears to hotel
  • explore hotel/eat lunch
  • swim!
  • dinner at CityWalk (Antijitos probably)
  • Mardi Gras (only if I get to be in the parade)
  • if not, relax some more
  • midnight showing of Rocky Horror at the CityWalk AMC
  • sleep

Sunday
  • early entry
  • ride FJ
  • breakfast at Three Broomsticks
  • ride whatever else
  • have lunch somewhere
  • head to Studios
  • ride rides that are rumored to be on the chopping block (mainly ET since I missed it last year)
  • dinner at Margaritaville

Monday
  • breakast at hotel(?)
  • early entry
  • water rides!
  • quick trip back to hotel to change(?)
  • head back to parks and ride whatever
  • have lunch in Springfield
  • ride whatever till dinner
  • Lombard's
  • try to catch night lagoon show if playing
  • sleep early for switch to Disney

And that's pretty much it. Hope to bring y'all bunch of pics of the new hotel. Here's one more of me to wrap this up! Can't wait!!

235.jpg

Nice to have this part over here Robbie.......I keep forgetting to look over the Disney side as I never usually venture over there........:rolleyes1

Sounds like some good plans you have.....and not too planned out either......if you know what I mean :rotfl:

Look forward to more :thumbsup2

Woo! Decided to book the Cinematic Spectacular meal thing. I wanted to finally try Lombard's anyway, and I looked at my budget and was able to fit it in without upsetting it too much. Just more more thing to look forward to!

Also, only 10 more work days!!

We like Lombards........eaten there a few times and only once were we disappointed. But they were good resolving our issues.

Never done the meal thingy with the show, but I heard from a friend they enjoyed it last year.

Only 10 days!!! Wow!

We like Lombards........eaten there a few times and only once were we disappointed. But they were good resolving our issues.

Never done the meal thingy with the show, but I heard from a friend they enjoyed it last year.

Only 10 days!!! Wow!

10 work days, 12 days left overall lol

hey andy................

knowing youse, your trip will be wild and crazy and loads of fun...!!

again we miss each other unless you are doing a quick weekend in october for hhn.

10 days from now, i'll be waiting to see your pictures.

Woo hoo!! Just got my confirmation email to be on one of the floats in the Mardi Gras parade the Saturday I get to Universal!!

Woo hoo!! Just got my confirmation email to be on one of the floats in the Mardi Gras parade the Saturday I get to Universal!!

Nice! Have fun. Will enjoy reading and looking at your trip report. So close now. I am still more than 100 days.

Congrats on the single digits Robbie:cool1: and on scoring a place on a float:thumbsup2

Can't wait to see the pics...hope you have a blast.

That's great news!! Can I ask how many times did you register? I have been sending in once a week for 3 weeks for Memorial day weekend. Do you think we have a shot???

Thanks for answering and congrats!!!

That's great news!! Can I ask how many times did you register? I have been sending in once a week for 3 weeks for Memorial day weekend. Do you think we have a shot???

Thanks for answering and congrats!!!

I only registered once for the only weekend I'll be there for Mardi Gras. And like the website said it's first come first serve (I registered about 2 months ago?).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter