Another restaurant question

Oopsey. Not my arrival day...I meant my first day. We actually arrive the night before. We drive(from nj) and stay at windsor hills. I can't plan for dinner because I don't know exactly when I will be there. The first night we usually want to get something quick, go to the villa and relax. My ak day is our first day of vacation.

I think also I have to leave it up to the dining gods . It might not be possible for me to get the mk area restaurants. I'm checking out the waves menu. I'm not sure my kids would like Kona. Ohana would be luck if anything became available.

Hmmm epcot day is easy...lots of options. Dhs is tough because I haven't seen a ressie for mamas. Is there anything near DHS? Mk is a little tough..I haven't seen good reviews for alot of the mk restaurants.

Dancing or a show is fine during dinner. We just don't want to participate in anything.

What do you all do on your last night? We have our last day to bounce between dhs and mk..hopefully do anything we missed or want to do again. We will probably want to eat early since we have to get up and drive the next morning.

Oopsey. Not my arrival day...I meant my first day. We actually arrive the night before. We drive(from nj) and stay at windsor hills. I can't plan for dinner because I don't know exactly when I will be there. The first night we usually want to get something quick, go to the villa and relax. My ak day is our first day of vacation.

I think also I have to leave it up to the dining gods . It might not be possible for me to get the mk area restaurants. I'm checking out the waves menu. I'm not sure my kids would like Kona. Ohana would be luck if anything became available.

Hmmm epcot day is easy...lots of options. Dhs is tough because I haven't seen a ressie for mamas. Is there anything near DHS? Mk is a little tough..I haven't seen good reviews for alot of the mk restaurants.

Dancing or a show is fine during dinner. We just don't want to participate in anything.

What do you all do on your last night? We have our last day to bounce between dhs and mk..hopefully do anything we missed or want to do again. We will probably want to eat early since we have to get up and drive the next morning.
Nearest to DHS would be the Boardwalk area - you can walk there in 15-20 minutes or take the boat. There's a dock near the front of DHS and the boat goes to the Boardwalk area and Yacht/Beach club. Restaurants in that area are Cape May, Beaches and Cream, Captain's Grille, Yachtsman, Flyig Fish, big River Brewing, ESPN Club and Tratoria al Forno. Boat also stops at Swan and Dolphin and there are a number of restaurants there

Thanks georgiahoo! That helps alot. Cape may was on my list.. I don't know much about beaches so I will go look that up. I though it was a dessert place. Trattoria. .that's new correct.?

Thanks georgiahoo! That helps alot. Cape may was on my list.. I don't know much about beaches so I will go look that up. I though it was a dessert place. Trattoria. .that's new correct.?
Trattoria is new. Beaches & Cream is burgers/dessert and pretty popular

I love BOMA, so I would definitely recommend that--the kids will enjoy seeing AKL where BOMA is located if they already haven't been. I also like Tutto Italia, so I would recommend it (I've had excellent service there), but I'm not sure how good an idea this is to do on your MK day--I would probably go to The Wave at the Contemporary--walking distance from MK entrance. The only restaurant I like at DHS is Hollywood Brown Derby--it's signature, so would take 2 dining points--but it sounds like you don't have time for sit down anyway on that day. If you want counter service, I think your best bets might be either the Studio Catering Company or Backlot Express--both aren't what I would call great, but there okay for fast food. I prefer the Hacienda de San Angel over the San Angel Inn. It is on the lake and is great at night (dark--not really possible if you are going this summer) if you can get a window table.

Just my 2 cents--Disney takes the rest!

When I secure a ressie with a credit card...I don't have to use that one to pay correct? I can use my disney gift cards that I have been collecting? Also I did see a mamas at 7:25. Do you all think that is enough time to make it to the frozen fireworks?

Have you thought about Trail's End at the Ft Wilderness campground? (Not Wilderness Lodge, two different resorts). We've only done the breakfast buffet there, but I've heard nothing but raves about the dinner buffet, both in price and in quality of food. It's not as easy to get to as the Contemporary or the other monorail resorts, but the boat from MK drops you off right at the back of the campground where the restaurant is and it's a pleasant, scenic ride. I'd say it's far less hassle than getting to DTD/Disney Spring or another park from MK.

I actually was just checking that out! My family is driving me crazy.... They all want to leave it up to me to decide and when I start talking about it they all chime in "We don't care where we eat, you'll pick good places". Basically the if I am happy then they will be too. Which is wonderful..except it isn't true! LOL.

I know what is going to happen...I will pick a place and when we get there , they will whine that they can't find anything to eat. My husband will be in sticker shock since we aren't on the dining plan. He started talking to me about it a bit today and I mentioned Teppan Edo...they all said...naw we don't want to have hibachi at disney, plus its overpriced. Hmm mph.

This is why I am having such a hard time! lolol We are doing one italian place because I want to . I am leaning toward trying Trattoria al forno on Dhs day. Il Mulino seemed very very pricey. For my MK day ,i think I am leaning toward the Wave. On Epcot day...Im not sure. I have looked at all the Mexican restaurants and I don't think my family would like it . We are more tex mex. So now I am considering leaving and coming back. On our last day..I think we will probably eat closer to our place since we have to leave so early the next morning. Maybe Miller's Ale house(which is fine because I don't have one near me and I have read good things).

Im honestly thinking I may have to try these restaurants if we ever get fd. This is what happened last time and we opted to not eat in disney because it was so pricey. Boma would cost around $220 for the 5 of us. That is a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter