Another refinancing question......

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by cindermomma, Sep 5, 2012.

1. cindermomma

cindermomma DIS Veteran

Hi there! We currently have our mortgage through Wells Fargo at 6% interest. We have wonderful credit, but waited to refinance because we thought we might move. Well, that hasn't happened and we are tired of our rate!

Called Wells Fargo yesterday and they quoted me 3.5% for 15 years and 3.7% for 20 years. It will cost $1800 to be wrapped up in the loan and $400 out of pocket for an appraisal and credit reports. This sounds expensive - is it??? They wouldn't do a streamline for us on the phone.

Anyone know of better deals to do this? Thank you!!! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

the appraisal and credit report are unavoidable.

you might want to shop around to see if another lender has a better combination of rates and fees.

4. cindermomma

cindermomma DIS Veteran

Thank you for the quick reply! It helps knowing that the appraisal fee is unavoidable. I am off to check rates!

Anyone have good recommendations of their mortgage companies? Thanks again! :wizard:

5. mrsklamc

mrsklamc <font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what

Check with your local credit union.

6. DisneyEater

DisneyEater Mouseketeer

If you have an FHA loan you can do an FHA streamline refi with no appraisal.

7. disprincessatheart

disprincessatheart I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

We just refi'd this summer. We used a mortgage broker who shopped around for us and we were able to drop our rate from 6.25 to 3.75 and only paid about $300 out of pocket because of an incentive the new bank was offering.

8. HM

HM My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.

We are in the process of refinancing right now. Since we will change lenders, we'll also have to come up with about 8 months of escrow money (taxes and insurance) for the new loan. We will be paid back by the old lender after it closes. So, we're looking at more than $8000 at closing.