Another question. . .

jimim

DIS Veteran
So not much to do till we get through rofl so my mind keeps circling. I have another question which I prob know the answer to but. . .

After I close and I get my points. I call Disney to setup my online account correct. At that point I can start booking trips if I want. Am I right so far? When I book trips via Internet or by phone I assume I'm using the same system as direct members? Same services? It's not like they split their systems into direct members and resale members correct? Is there anything I'm missing here when everything is said and done. I know these past few days I have had some basic questions but I'm playing the waiting game right now and my mind starts spinning as I drive throughout my day from place to place. I spend a lot of time some days in the car for work and I'm alone in my thoughts.. Thanks so much!

Jimi

So not much to do till we get through rofl so my mind keeps circling. I have another question which I prob know the answer to but. . .

After I close and I get my points. I call Disney to setup my online account correct. At that point I can start booking trips if I want. Am I right so far? When I book trips via Internet or by phone I assume I'm using the same system as direct members? Same services? It's not like they split their systems into direct members and resale members correct? Is there anything I'm missing here when everything is said and done. I know these past few days I have had some basic questions but I'm playing the waiting game right now and my mind starts spinning as I drive throughout my day from place to place. I spend a lot of time some days in the car for work and I'm alone in my thoughts.. Thanks so much!

Jimi
One Members Services for everyone. Though they will know your contract was purchased resale.

Missyrose said:
One Members Services for everyone. Though they will know your contract was purchased resale.

Ok thanks for that. I thought so but started second guessing myself.

Thanks again!

Just wanted to make sure that you know that you WILL NOT have access to all of the same exchange opportunities that direct purchasers have.
The Disney Collection, Adventurer Collection and Concierge Collection are not available to owners of resale contracts.

Just want to make sure you knew that!

csharpwv said:
Just wanted to make sure that you know that you WILL NOT have access to all of the same exchange opportunities that direct purchasers have.
The Disney Collection, Adventurer Collection and Concierge Collection are not available to owners of resale contracts.

This is true, but then again neither do many direct purchasers. With the overly inflated point costs of ABD, CC, DCL, etc. many direct purchasers simply do not have enough points to really take advantage of these "perks" either. When standard hotel rooms are 50 points per night, a typical 160 point owner will use an entire year's worth of points on a three night hotel stay (as opposed to 10 nights in a DVC studio).

Just want you to know that everything can change other than your right to book at your home resort. There are no guarantees so anticipate the worst and you will never be disappointed.

:earsboy: Bill

deff knew that. thanks! we thought about this for a while and decided that if we wanted to stay at the Poly or GF we would just pay since it would be better worth it.

Just want you to know that everything can change other than your right to book at your home resort. There are no guarantees so anticipate the worst and you will never be disappointed.

:earsboy: Bill

I tend to never think the worse about anything cause life just wouldn't be very enjoyable. i mean in the past there has only been one change in 2011 since the beginning correct? hopefully things will remain as they are.

I tend to never think the worse about anything cause life just wouldn't be very enjoyable. i mean in the past there has only been one change in 2011 since the beginning correct? hopefully things will remain as they are.

2011 was just the restrictions for resale buyers. There are changes all the time. Booking rules have changed, perks come and go, resorts available through the Concierge Collection come and go, fees for booking exchanges got added. The exchange company switched from RCI to II and back again, affecting the number and quality of resorts available for exchange. Points required for stays are reallocated from time to time. And that's just what I can remember.

I've been a member for ten years, and a lot has changed in that time. Some for the better, some for the worse. Some things that worked out well for me (point reallocations) were a Really Bad Thing for others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter