(Another!) Please help me decide when to go PLEASE!!!

**Clare**

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone

Well, I am going nuts trying to decide when to go on this years trip...

Initially I had planned to go Mon 25 to Fri 29 June, giving us Tues to Fri evening in the parks but I know schools in Spain and Italy are off for summer at this time and I am remembering how busy some days were last year when we went, allbeit it was the week after this when the French schools were off too (and it was sooooo hot!)

Then I've been reading about people going during the Jubilee holiday and thought about Mon 4-Fri 8 June as it seems only UK schools will be off.

I have now been thinking about Mon 8 Oct - Fri 12 Oct or Mon 15 to Fri 19. I think we are the only people on the planet happy that the Halloween festivities have been scaled back as my kids would be scared of the pumpkin men so this now opens up Oct as a possibility :laughing:

All the options give me the same length of time in the park and there is only £100 difference between all the times.

Obviously, June would be a bit warmer, Oct is longer to wait but otherwise I cant think of any factor to help me choose and its driving me (and everyone around me who has to listen to me!) totally nuts :confused3:confused3:confused3

Anyone help???? Thanks :goodvibes

PS DH is now saying we should maybe just go to legoland instead and save the hassle of deciding when to go to DLP so I need to get it decided asap, lol!!

Noo get choosing!! legoland over Disney:lmao:;)

Ive only been in cooler times of the year, (March or usually Oct nov time) saying that March wasnt actually not cold!

Well if it is only UK holiday June 4th to 8th.....I say go then!:) Might not be to to hot or not cold!
I would like to try warmer months myself! Plus it isnt longer to wait like you said! .........Oct is still 9mths away :)

hope you decide soon! ....or its legoland here i come! (well you :rotfl2:)

Simple choice in my eyes.........

come to disney with me (and the rest of the uk it seems!) in the first week of june!!

how on earth could you even contemplate a choice between disney and Legoland?? :)

Haha I'm going to both this year! We do Legoland every year as in all honesty its easier in terms of special diets (we went to dlp when my niece had to follow a gluten free diet and it was a NIGHTMARE) and cheaper as we use tesco vouchers and the travel lodge sale.
However my son is recognising the characters now so disney it HAS to be (hooray! :D)
Personally I'd do the jubilee, but thats *** I really don't like crowds!

We've been both at end of June 2009, and October, on the dates you've mentioned. June was really hot and a bit busier. October was quiet and we got loads done. The end of June isn't high season so not open late, but I see that longer park hours are advertised for the 20th. Both times were great. Have a wee look at my tr's on my sig for an idea of what it was like. :goodvibes

Going to throw a spanner in the works here but from the initial dates you mention, you don't seem to be working around actual school holidays? So, can you not go another week in June i.e. the week after Jubilee/half term week? I think it will be very quiet then and the prices seem to dip from what I can see (great deals staying in the DLH then!).... So from that I'm guessing not many European schools on holiday then.

Maybe I'm missing something with your dates though :confused3

It's a total headache working around school holidays and trips - everywhere is so busy and costs so much more. I really wish they would stagger our holidays in the UK more - bit like they do in some of the other European countries.

Coincidentally, my DD1 (6, almost 7) loved Legoland last summer (we went for two days while visiting the London sites, otherwise it's a long way for us to go). I've asked her if she would like to go to Legoland or Disneyland Paris again and she said either :laughing:. She loves lego though - a real fan, and I blame her lack of Disney brainwashing on the fact that we haven't been for 2 years. Must say I was very impressed with Legoland overall - much better than I was expecting :thumbsup2 And I think the new themed hotel opening this year onsite will be fab. You see, perhaps I am talking myself out of a trip to DLRP this year :rotfl2:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter