1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Another Photopass + Question

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by diskids2, Apr 15, 2013.

1. diskids2

diskids2 <font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag

I've read that Attraction photos and dining photos are good for 14 days, but you can add to "traditional" photopass pictures up to the 30 day claim period.

Is this correct?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

The 14 days doesn't refer to how long you have to claim the pictures (if I'm understanding what you're asking correctly.) It refers to how long you can use the PhotoPass + card in the parks, which is what allows you to add ride and dining photos to your account. It's really only an issue then if you're planning a trip of more than 14 days.

4. cruisingkat

cruisingkat DIS Veteran

siskaren is correct in her statement.
    You still have 30 days from when the first picture was taken with the photopass plus card to claim your pictures and then 30 days after claiming to do your edits.

5. diskids2

I read somewhere...I'm just having trouble find where....that you could actually use the photopass + card for 30 days up until the claim window. I read that the 14 days was the limit to add attraction and dining photos. I am going to see if I can find where I read that.

6. Fire14

Fire14 Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

that would make sense as outside of 14 days it's just a regular potopass.

7. diskids2

Ok I found where I read it. The FAQ on the Disneyphoto pass plus facebook page.

Here is what it said:

Q. What happens if my Disney vacation is longer than 14 days and I purchase Disney PhotoPass+?

R. You can collect as many PhotoPass Photographer photos as you like on your Disney PhotoPass+ card, however only Attraction and Dining photos taken within a 14 day period will be included.

So I am taking that to mean that I can collect "regular" photopass pictures up until the 30 day claim window.

8. Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli DIS Veteran

Again yes if your trip is longer than 14 days you can use regular Photopass before and after the 14 day window of Photopass+ all pictures must be claimed within 30 days of the picture being taken regardless if its regular or +

9. diskids2

Great news!

So just to make sure. I order my Photopass+ at home (within 14 days of my trip). I arrive at WDW and obtain a regular photopass card from the photographers and take regular photopass pictures.

Then I leave WDW, returning a week later. Hand my voucher for photopass + at the appropriate location. Receive the red photopass card. Then I have 14 days to use regular pictures, dining, and attraction photos.

When I return (will be within 30 days of first regular photopass pictures), I claim all the photopass numbers and order the CD.

10. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

Almost. When you go to WDW, you take a voucher slip that you received with your PP+ package at home, and exchange it for a red PP+ card. The red PP+ card is used the same as a regular PP card, plus for the extras...ride photos, dining photos. When you return home, log in to your PP account and access the photos.

11. girlb4amirror

girlb4amirror Mouseketeer

Adding my PP+ question to this thread.. How does it work when your group splits up? I know you can go back to an attraction to add a ride picture, but that seems like a pain if you aren't going back to an area. Is there any info from your PP+ card that we could write down for the CMs at the attractions could use to add our pics to our card?

12. momto3pirates

momto3pirates DIS Veteran

13. CarrieR

CarrieR DIS Veteran

They scan a QR code to add it - you'll need to have the physical card.

14. Joan1

Joan1 DIS Veteran

where do you exchange the voucher to pick up the red PP+?
    at the theme parks or at your hotel when you check in?

15. waltdisneymama

waltdisneymama Mouseketeer

So would the riders without the card need to write down a photo number or something so that the photo can be added to the card when it is brought back there later? Or would the riders tell the photo attendant that they have photopass plus but don't have the card with them and the attendant would provide them with a paper or number or something to present later with the card? (Hope I am making sense!)

16. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

yes, regular photo pass has 30 days.
    the PLUS is only good for 14 days from first use.

17. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

At the photo centers at any of the 4 parks, or:

Team Mickey at Downtown Disney
    M. Mouse Mercantile at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
    Trader Jack's at Disney's Polynesian Resort
    Zawadi at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Beach Club Marketplace at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort

The riders with out the card make a note of or remember the photo number, then the Plus card holder must return within 48 hours to have those ride potos added.

18. waltdisneymama

waltdisneymama Mouseketeer

Ses1230, thank you for explaining this to me :)

19. dramaticmissy

dramaticmissy Mouseketeer

Is the photo pass plus really worth it, okay this would be the first time we would be using a photopass at all, do I then have full rights to these photos?? Can I print them off? :confused3

20. disney2014plan

disney2014plan Mouseketeer

Thanks for an informative thread.
    dramaticmissy, the PP+ comes with a licence to allow you to print/use the photos - although I assume that this is for non-commercial purposes.

21. dramaticmissy

dramaticmissy Mouseketeer

thanks also it say certain restaurants and attractions, I can't find a list of these, I assume Princess in Norway, CRT and Ohana, but does anyone know any others?