(Another) Multiple Non expiring child tickets for now 10 year olds

graueMaus

DIS Veteran Lurker
Apologies in advance for this, but I did not see specific answer to this in the Ticket Sticky. Here goes:

Every time we have gone to WDW in the past we took advantage of a Free Dining and as a part of the package purchased MYW, Water Parks and More and No Expiration Options.

My girls turned 10 earlier this month, so now they need adult tickets. Per the Ticket Sticky I know that Disney will upgrade them to adult tickets at no charge. However should I take all 3 tickets for each of them (6 in all) and have them converted to adult tickets all at once, or should I do each one as needed either this trip or another? Also will they consolidate the tickets into one ticket if the entries fit on a ticket (ie. less than 10 them park entries and less than 10 WPM options)? ALso the tickets are on KTTW (plastic) cards, will the adult tickets be the same?

Thanks for answering yet another ticket question. Sorry if it has been answered elsewhere.

Apologies in advance for this, but I did not see specific answer to this in the Ticket Sticky. Here goes:

Every time we have gone to WDW in the past we took advantage of a Free Dining and as a part of the package purchased MYW, Water Parks and More and No Expiration Options.

My girls turned 10 earlier this month, so now they need adult tickets. Per the Ticket Sticky I know that Disney will upgrade them to adult tickets at no charge. However should I take all 3 tickets for each of them (6 in all) and have them converted to adult tickets all at once, or should I do each one as needed either this trip or another? Also will they consolidate the tickets into one ticket if the entries fit on a ticket (ie. less than 10 them park entries and less than 10 WPM options)? ALso the tickets are on KTTW (plastic) cards, will the adult tickets be the same?

Thanks for answering yet another ticket question. Sorry if it has been answered elsewhere.

If the are used they will upgrade each individually. They will not combine tickets.

If they are unused then just upgrade one at a time.

Denise in MI

1- Every time we have gone to WDW in the past we took advantage of a Free Dining and as a part of the package purchased MYW, Water Parks and More and No Expiration Options.

My girls turned 10 earlier this month, so now they need adult tickets. Per the Ticket Sticky

2- I know that Disney will upgrade them to adult tickets at no charge. However should I take all 3 tickets for each of them (6 in all) and have them converted to adult tickets all at once, or

3- should I do each one as needed either this trip or another?

4- Also will they consolidate the tickets into one ticket if the entries fit on a ticket (ie. less than 10 them park entries and less than 10 WPM options)?

5- ALso the tickets are on KTTW (plastic) cards, will the adult tickets be the same?

1- I don't quite understand exactly the "status" of the tickets you now own.
Did you buy NEW tickets for each trip and... actually USE part of each of those tickets DURING each trip?
(Do you have 6 partially-used tickets?)

2- When a child with active non-expiring tickets ages past 10 years, Disney will change those partially-used "Child" tickets to "Adult" tickets at no charge, but only on a one-to-one basis (no "combining" of multiple tickets.)

3- Yes. Each as needed.

4- Nope. Can't be done.

5- The plastic cards are only available at WDW when issued at a WDW Resort.
If you do the upgrade at a park, you will be issued the more reliable "Tyvek/Paper" tickets.

BTW, if you have any NEW, UNUSED "Child" tickets, Disney will upgrade those to "Adult" tickets,
but not for "free."
They will charge you the difference price of what you paid for those unused "Child" tickets during the trip you bought them, and the current gate price of an "Adult" ticket with the same assets.

Suggest exchanging partially used child tickets for adult tickets one at a time when needed.

It is possible that Disney may frown on "stocking up" on multiple child tickets with a little bit of usage on each, however this ought not to apply to package tickets since ticket purchase is mandatory with dining packages.

Unused child tickets can be given to a different child to use.

1- I don't quite understand exactly the "status" of the tickets you now own.
Did you buy NEW tickets for each trip and... actually USE part of each of those tickets DURING each trip?

2- When a child with active non-expiring tickets ages past 10 years, Disney will change those partially-used "Child" tickets to "Adult" tickets at no charge, but only on a one-to-one basis (no "combining" of multiple tickets.)

3- Yes. Each as needed.

4- Nope. Can't be done.

If you do the upgrade at a park, you will be issued the more reliable "Tyvek/Paper" tickets.

BTW, if you have any NEW, UNUSED "Child" tickets, Disney will upgrade those to "Adult" tickets,
but not for "free."
They will charge you the difference price of what you paid for those unused "Child" tickets during the trip you bought them, and the current gate price of an "Adult" ticket with the same assets.

Yes that is correct. 3 partially used tickets for each of my daughters.

Can I convert the tickets at the resort to keep the plastic cards, or is there no choice that when I convert them to adult I need to go to Guest relations?
Also, what do you mean by "more reliable" in relation to Tyvek/Paper tickets?

Thanks again for the answers

1- Can I convert the tickets at the resort to keep the plastic cards, or

2- is there no choice that when I convert them to adult I need to go to Guest relations?
Also,

3- what do you mean by "more reliable" in relation to Tyvek/Paper tickets?

1- Maybe. You can ask.

2- But, I'd rather have the "Tyvek/Paper" tickets.

3- Yes. More reliable than the plastic cards with the frail magnetic strips.
After all, ANNUAL PASSES are on the "Tyvek/Paper" and they get up to hundreds of uses, considering all of the theme park entries and FastPass swipes they can go through over the course of an entire year of heavy use.

I think that the reason the "paper" tickets work better is that they have more flexibility to better contact the tracker bar or read head inside the turnstile or fast pass machine skot.

If the original user is just 10 or 11 it might not be necessary to exchange the ticket, just use it as-is until/unless a turnstile CM asks questions.

The original user must present the ticket (or be present at that time). The CM may ask when the ticket was first used and it is okay to name all three past vacations if you forgot which one the ticket came from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter