Another Men's Fashion Farce

Rhombus

Registered
;) Now that the issue of jorts has been decided as a definite atrocity, the Self-Appointed Arbiter Elegantiae is ready to render THE verdict on another men's fashion travesty: baseball caps worn backwards. :scared1:

OK for kids and teens. Acceptable for college-aged guys, because they really don't know any better. And besides, they dress to project an image, not to be reasonable. By age 25 they should be mature enough to outgrow it. I'll willing to go to age 30 for those who are reluctant to leave their frat boy days behind.

But after 30, nope, not no way, not no how. Almost any guy wearing a backwards baseball cap after that age is like a Doug Heffernin from King of Queens, a doofus, a tool.

There might be a few celebrities that can pull it off, but they're few and far between. And I suppose .000001 percent of regular guys can carry it off as well. But ladies, your guy is NOT that one in a million, not in this matter.

Wear the cap a little crooked or slightly sideways if you need to be different, but not backwards.

While we're at it, most women wearing backwards baseball caps look just as silly as men do. ;)

This post, which is entirely tongue-in-cheek, was inspired by a quadruple fashion nightmare I witnessed last night at the supermarket. Too horrible to repeat in detail. Let's just say, jorts, backwards Yankees cap, black dress socks, and Crocs.

All opinions welcome.

Last edited:
;) Now that the issue of jorts has been decided as a definite atrocity, the Self-Appointed Arbiter Elegantiae is ready to render THE verdict on another men's fashion travesty: baseball caps worn backwards. :scared1:

OK for kids and teens. Acceptable for college-aged guys, because they really don't know any better. And besides, they dress to project an image, not to be reasonable. By age 25 they should be mature enough to outgrow it. I'll willing to go to age 30 for those who are reluctant to leave their frat boy days behind.

But after 30, nope, not no way, not no how. Almost any guy wearing a backwards baseball cap after that age is like a Doug Heffernin from King of Queens, a doofus, a tool.

There might be a few celebrities that can pull it off, but they're few and far between. And I suppose .000001 percent of regular guys can carry it off as well. But ladies, your guy is NOT that one in a million, not in this matter.

Wear the cap a little crooked or slightly sideways if you need to be different, but not backwards.

While we're at it, most women wearing backwards baseball caps look just as silly as men do. ;)

This post, which is entirely tongue-in-cheek, was inspired by a quadruple fashion nightmare I witnessed last night at the supermarket. Too horrible to repeat. Let's just say, jorts, backwards Yankees cap, black dress socks, and Crocs.

All opinions welcome.

The only situations where it is acceptable to wear a baseball cap any other direction besides straight foward are as follows:

When you're the catcher, and you're behind home plate with your face mask on.
When you're doing mechanical work on something and need to momentarily get your face closer to the work than the length of the bill allows, as soon as that detail work is complete, the cap should be back to forward facing.

It is never acceptable to wear the cap in any position other that straight forward, or 180 degrees straight backwards in either of the situations I've explained above.

This post, which is entirely tongue-in-cheek, was inspired by a quadruple fashion nightmare I witnessed last night at the supermarket. Too horrible to repeat. Let's just say, jorts, backwards Yankees cap, black dress socks, and Crocs.

All opinions welcome.

I have to agree. Its OK for kids and catchers, but thats about it.

"This post, which is entirely tongue-in-cheek, was inspired by a quadruple fashion nightmare I witnessed last night at the supermarket. Too horrible to repeat. Let's just say, jorts, backwards Yankees cap, black dress socks, and Crocs."

Ok, my wife doesn't like some of my fashion choices, but even I know this is wrong!

Guys (of a certain age) who wear ball caps backwards usually aren't avid readers of GQ. :laughing:
I doubt they really care what anyone thinks.

DH wears his backwards when he is riding his bike. Don't ask me why he doesn't just take it off.
He also wears it backwards when he is driving tractor.

DH wears his backwards when he is riding his bike. Don't ask me why he doesn't just take it off.
He also wears it backwards when he is driving tractor.
I'm just reading the boards, and suddenly I'm humming a Kenny Chesney song. :rotfl2:

cache_500_1_1_img_22969254_a43bca89a41fe54456dd3b8384af236fjpg.gif

The only situations where it is acceptable to wear a baseball cap any other direction besides straight foward are as follows:

When you're doing mechanical work on something and need to momentarily get your face closer to the work than the length of the bill allows, as soon as that detail work is complete, the cap should be back to forward facing.

It is never acceptable to wear the cap in any position other that straight forward, or 180 degrees straight backwards in either of the situations I've explained above.

Umpires too!

"This post, which is entirely tongue-in-cheek, was inspired by a quadruple fashion nightmare I witnessed last night at the supermarket. Too horrible to repeat. Let's just say, jorts, backwards Yankees cap, black dress socks, and Crocs."

Ok, my wife doesn't like some of my fashion choices, but even I know this is wrong!
I have a clause in our pre-nup if at anytime my future DH wears Crocs it is grounds for immediate divorce if not outright execution.

Less common but still valid these days: Using a camera with a viewfinder when the bill interferes with the viewfinder lighting.

It's ok to spin it backwards if the sun is at your back to shade a bit of your neck. I wish I had a picture of our volleyball game. Everyone on one side had our caps forward. When we went to the other side we had our caps backwards. Otherwise, forward is the way to go.

Wear hat in the direction you want your life to go. :)

DH flips his backwards to avoid the "redneck" sunburn. Then again, he wears jorts too. Guess we are doomed to be in the "what not to wear" Hall of Fame

Guys (of a certain age) who wear ball caps backwards usually aren't avid readers of GQ. :laughing:
I doubt they really care what anyone thinks.

Most normal guys who wear their baseball caps the proper way aren't avid readers of GQ either; indeed, most guys probably never even heard of the magazine. ;)

I saw a similar photo, but the caption was a little too risqué to post.

All that's missing from that beanie is the propeller on top.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter