Another great WDW trip!!! Day 2

lorapinky

DIS Veteran
Day 2 – MK - 6/09/2007

We both kept waking during the night as we were so excited :banana: :banana: We both woke at 3:00am, then again at 5:00am and admitted defeat and got up at 6;00am. Mark had a shower and I took some notes for the trippie. I straightened my hair quickly, it only needed topping up and then we went to the food court, it was really quiet, and we got our usual table (a habit from 2005). We had croissants, toast and cereals. As it was early not all the bread had been set up so we went for what was there, it was gross as was minty! I went back and the normal white bread was there so we had that, I put tons of smuckers jam on my toast and enjoyed every mouthful. After breakfast we put on our sun lotion and packed what we needed for the day. We then headed off to the buses. It was extra magic hour at MK and the queue was really long, ideally we avoid these but we always like to go to MK on our first full day. We managed to get on the first bus that came, we were packed like sardines and stood for journey but I was enjoying taking in the familiar Disney sights that I didn’t mind :yay:

Once at MK we both got giddy, we went through security and then the finger machine, which had changed slightly from 2005. As we entered MK we got really excited as the castle came into view – WOW!!! We raced down main street and headed towards Adventureland but it was closed until 9:00am, so we headed to Peter Pan’s flight, followed by the carousal. We still had time before other bits opened so we went to Indy Speedway as DH hadn’t done this, he’d been a passenger but had never driven. It was really hot in the queue and it was busy, but we enjoyed the ride. We headed to Splash Mountain (our fav MK ride) but it was shutdown, so we got a FP and went of TM instead. After the ride SM was working again so we went on. Next we went on POTC, the liked the new additions but still find it a little boring compared to the one at DLP. We decided it was time for a break and each got an ice-cream, as we sat down to eat this Woody’s roundup started so we decided to watch this. It was really hot so our ice cream melted before we could eat them all. After we headed over to Space Mountain, a ride that DH had never been on as he doesn’t like roller coasters. I assured him that it was a little ride and didn’t have to worry, he went on but came out after protesting that it was too dark so he couldn’t see the track and was too rough! Oops! :rolleyes1

Next we went on TTA to let his stomach settle, followed by Buzz. In 2005 we only rode this once as DH had a faulty gun and sulked with the ride as his score was really low. This year our guns were fine and his competitive streak emerged. I got 12900, DH got 100500, he now loves this ride and we honestly went on this ride at least 30 times in our trip! :thumbsup2

By now my hair was very frizzy :scared: and I had lots of angry red spots coming on my face – typical! I looked horrid; I bought some Mickey Mouse bobbles and tied my hair back. I had bought special shampoo, conditioner, and serum to get it straight and by the morning I looked a mess. Oh well I can’t grumble I’m in WDW!

I then went and got my first bag of cotton candy, those who read my first trip report last year from our trip in 2005 will know that I got a little addiction to this on my last trip, so much so my poo turned blue! I was determined not to eat that much this time, I chose my bag carefully (ensuring it was the biggest) and enjoyed every little bit! After this we decided to have dinner, we headed over to Pinocchio’s. We both had pizza and fries and shared a diet coke. I only ate 2 slices of my pizza as I was feeling full…nothing to do with the cotton candy or the ice cream… Mark ate mine and felt suitably full after. We agreed that it was too much and in the future we’d share a pizza and have fries each.

After we went on IASW, followed by philamagic. We both had tears in our eyes for this show as it is so special to us. Next we headed over back to Buzz for another go, we had a small wait but were soon back on and enjoying every minute of it. Mark won again :rolleyes: .

We then went to the laughter club and were pleasantly surprised how good it was. Just as we entered I got something in my eye, so as we went inside I was trying to get it out and was unaware that the camera was on me and the screen said ‘I have kissed a monster’ and the screen showed Mark, everyone laughed, how embarrassing :laughing: . The show was a hoot, one guy was constantly picked on but it was all good hearted. After this we headed to the main street to watch the parade. We got some M&Ms, jelly beans and water to watch this with.

As waiting for the parade to start a CM came up to us and gave us a badge with ‘Parade Marshall’ on it. We were very happy but the people next to us moaned that they hadn’t got one and asked for one but the CM didn’t have anymore. The parade was great, after we found a bench and I got some minute maid, I couldn’t find any so got a sprite and the CM who served me sang Happy Birthday to me, even though it weren’t my birthday which was sweet, though I was stood by myself so it felt strange being sung to…only in Disney!

We then watched the ‘dreams with Mickey Mouse’ show which was good. We really liked that they had CMs who signed for deaf people at the front of the show, as I used to wear hearing aids in both years for over 10years I find these touches really nice and thoughtful. After the show we had a drink at cosmic rays whilst considering what to do next, we agreed we were too sleepy to stay for wishes so went to village fries in which we shared a hotdog and fires. We decided to watch Philhamagic again and then spent some time looking around some shops in which I bought another bag of cotton candy. We then got a bus and headed back to the resort. As we got back to our room we saw our Pal Mickey sat in the window waiting for us, as we walked in there was lots of towel animals and a note from our mousekeeper thanking us for our tip, we were really touched. We got some drinks and I took some painkillers as was starting to feel a little ill. DH watched some trash TV with a bottle of Bud and I finished of my BBQ lays and wrote some more trip notes. I fell asleep by 10:00pm. A great first day in the MK.

A magical first park day. The same thing happened to me and my hubby at the Monsters Inc show! I hope you were feeling better the next day and that it was just the excitement catching up with you (that happens to me too!)

Laur's princess:

Your enthusiasm for your beloved WDW will never be in question. You wrote about the trip's beginning in such detail as to leave no doubt that you were vibrating with happiness.

:rotfl2: i remember the blue poo !

It sounds like you had a really fab day....shame about the hair but it was never going to stay straight !

What a great first day.....there's no better feeling in the world than that first walk down Main Street looking at the castle...just Magical! pixiedust:

As for the blue poo...ROFLMAO! :lmao: :rotfl:

I'm off to read the next one...popcorn::

That's 2 bags of cotton candy :eek: Hope it doesn't happen again :rotfl:

Sounded like a great day :)

Wonderful first day. Just love all the little rituals that you just have to do each time.

susan

Glad this was a good day and hope you didn't see anything blue in the bathroom.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!