Another Galveston parking thread

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by shane1234, Jan 6, 2013.

1. shane1234

shane1234 Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! We’re heading out on the Disney Magic soon, and I was curious about parking. I’ve seen a lot about what’s the cheapest/best/etc., but I would prefer something close to the terminal that we can walk to without having to deal with a shuttle. The “official” parking seems reasonable, it looks like there is a bridge from the garage to the terminal building, or is that something else? I’m open to 3rd party parking lots, as long as they are close enough to walk to the terminal (with small kids).

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

I don't think there is a lot that close. We arrived super early (9:30) for our Magic sailing last November and spent a lot of time walking around outside the terminal and watching people arrive. Official port parking still involves a shuttle. Or a bit of a walk. We're out of terminal 2 at the port. That being said, nothing is that far in Galveston and the shuttles from EZ cruise were, well, easy.

4. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

This has a map of the area, you're talking about.
    http://www.portofgalveston.com/DocumentView.aspx?DID=22

5. mbc2606

mbc2606 Earning My Ears

We are using EZ Cruise! All Reviews were great. With 24 hour security.

6. rkbk03

rkbk03 Earning My Ears

Typically with the port parking they want you to drop off all passengers and luggage at the terminal and then just one person goes to park and takes the shuttle to the terminal. So, you don't have to do the shuttle with your kids and luggage (assuming you are travelling with another adult that you can drop them at the terminal). If for some reason you don't choose to do this, I think it is too far to walk. You will still need to do the shuttle. Hope that helps.

7. Centex

Centex Earning My Ears

We used Galveston Park N Cruise for our cruise on the Magic this past Fall. I dropped everyone off at the terminal, parked, then walked around the block and across the street. $50 outside parking, $65 inside.

8. bwallace

bwallace Keeps Pulling Me In

I'm pretty sure BOI Valet is the closest parking to the terminal. May even be closer than the official terminal parking. Look on Google maps. it is an unmarked pink warehouse, right by an overhead walkway and right across the street from the terminal here's what I posted in another thread.

9. shane1234

shane1234 Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! The picture is very helpful. Has anyone tried Discount Cruise Parking at 8115 Harborside? It looks like they are a little further away, but if we're taking a shuttle anyways, it doesn't really matter. There rates are almost half of the other places.

www discountcruiseparking dot net

10. Macmaro

Macmaro Mouseketeer

We used EZ Cruise for the Thanksgiving trip. It was inexpensive. We waited longer than I wanted to for a shuttle when we returned. They were only running one van for some strange reason. I'm researching different options for our next out of Galveston but we would use them again if I can't find anything better.

11. Gina

Gina Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99

I have used them, and am using them again next month. They're closer to the Causeway so I can avoid all the traffic near the terminal, they have restrooms, an indoor place to wait if it's raining, and they're connected to a big convenience store with a little deli if you need anything (beer! :thumbsup2 ) last minute. Just as safe and secure as any of the other lots, and a whole lot less expensive. I'm happy with them. :)

-gina-