Another FastPass+ question

osadancemom

Earning My Ears
We're long time visitors to WDW. This is our first trip since FP+. We have already purchased 1 day park hoppers from Undercover tourist. I linked them to MDE, and looked at available FP+ but didn't select anything yet. We had originally planned to go only 1 day -- March 17, now we've decided to go for 2 days. Our plan is to add a second park hopper day to our tickets once we're in a park. If I book FP+ selections for March 17 in MK, and we go to HS/Epoct on March 16, what will happen to our March 17 FP+ reservations -- since we only have 1 day tickets right now. Thanks!

That is a good question. If you use the ticket, you no longer have the access to have fast passes. I would guess they would delete. I have seen this question before, but no actual reports that it was attempted. The rule is that you need a ticket day for every day of fast pass you would like to book.

Any reason you cannot upgrade to a 2 day ticket on march 16th? That is the only way I see as a means to ensure you don't lose your FP+ Reservations.

We're long time visitors to WDW. This is our first trip since FP+. We have already purchased 1 day park hoppers from Undercover tourist. I linked them to MDE, and looked at available FP+ but didn't select anything yet. We had originally planned to go only 1 day -- March 17, now we've decided to go for 2 days. Our plan is to add a second park hopper day to our tickets once we're in a park. If I book FP+ selections for March 17 in MK, and we go to HS/Epoct on March 16, what will happen to our March 17 FP+ reservations -- since we only have 1 day tickets right now. Thanks!

Upgrade your ticket to two-days right after you enter the park on the 16th.
You can do so at the inside-the-park Guest Relations.

Last edited:
Is there really that much money to be saved for a one day hopper from UC to the gate price? I would probably just upgrade at Guest Services outside the park and be done with it.

Is there really that much money to be saved for a one day hopper from UC to the gate price? I would probably just upgrade at Guest Services outside the park and be done with it.

There are no discounts from ticket resellers on one-day and two-day tickets.

Some ticket resellers actually charge MORE for one-day and two-day tickets than the Disney front gates.

Curious why you would go with UC for the tickets as on their website the 1 day PH says (price slightly higher than gate price). That has always made no sense to me why they would even offer them...

That is a good question. If you use the ticket, you no longer have the access to have fast passes. I would guess they would delete. I have seen this question before, but no actual reports that it was attempted. The rule is that you need a ticket day for every day of fast pass you would like to book.

Any reason you cannot upgrade to a 2 day ticket on march 16th? That is the only way I see as a means to ensure you don't lose your FP+ Reservations.

I don't understand this response. Why would adding a day on your tickets cause you to lose your FPs? What do you mean by "If you use the ticket, you no longer have the access to have fast passes"?

OP, you can make FP selections for either day right now with your 1-day ticket. As soon as you arrive, you can upgrade your ticket, and that will allow you to make a second day of FPs. I don't see any scenario where your FPs would be deleted.

I don't understand this response. Why would adding a day on your tickets cause you to lose your FPs? What do you mean by "If you use the ticket, you no longer have the access to have fast passes"?

It's not adding the day that might cause the problem. The issue is that the tickets as they stand now are one day tickets. If FP+ were made for the 17th and the tickets get used on the 16th, Disney's system might well cancel the FP+ for the 17th because the tickets would no longer have an admission left on them for the 17th.

OP, you can make FP selections for either day right now with your 1-day ticket. As soon as you arrive, you can upgrade your ticket, and that will allow you to make a second day of FPs. I don't see any scenario where your FPs would be deleted.
I believe Lisa responded because the OP has pre-selected FPs for March 17th and will enter the park on the 16th which effectively cancels out the only ticket entitlement that was entered in MDE and needed to maintain the FPs on the 17th.

I think there may be a grace period before the FPs get deleted and if the OP follows Robo's directive, then the FPs for the 17th should remain.

I had selected FPs and then reassigned tickets within my MDE and the FPs remained. I didn't continue my research to see when the FPs would be deleted or if they would remain as I wanted to release the FPS back into the system as I was researching to see what reassigning tickets would do.

I didn't say that.

I read it as utilizing the one day ticket before buying the second day. Hence why I suggested upgrading on the 16th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter