Another Bomb?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by BRERALEX, Oct 14, 2002.

1. BRERALEX

BRERALEX That's a wrap.

TUCK EVERLASTING(#8)-5.5 mil over the weekend.
    sweet home alabama was #2 with 14.1 for 85 over all.

does anyone know all the stats to see how these movies are shaping up overall. (marketing costs costs of production yada yada yada)

how bout knockaround guys (#9) ouch

and Rules of Attraction #12 and i thought it was a really good film when i saw it friday. guess it's not open everywhere or wasn't marketed enough

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hopemax

hopemax Note to Self:

Tuck Everlasting only opened on 1185 screens. It's per screen average is $4,567. Sweet Home Alabama's per screen average is $4255.

I don't think Tuck is a dissapointment, but I do wonder why did they only put it into limited release? Last year's "The Princess Diaries" opened with 2537 screens and had a per screen average around $3000.

4. scooby-the-doo

scooby-the-doo Uber-Scoober

Tuck was released limited simply because they had no choice -- there were seven new films released last friday, and they only have a set number of screens in the country. Similarly with Rules, it opened in 12th due to a limited release and a very un-teen friendly storyline.

5. BRERALEX

BRERALEX That's a wrap.

the limited screens would explain alot because i really thought RULEs was at least a b, b+.

just saw the transporter. i was surprised by it maybe cause i went in with low low expectations the score was horrible but Statham can kick some butt hardcore id say it was a b-.

well at least S.H.A. is doing well thats good news.

Santa claus 2 got a negative review on Aint it cool but that doesnt mean much.

6. Distriv

Distriv <font color=red>VP of the WDWWDS Archives<br><font

I think they should have done more advertising for 'Tuck'. I have seen one commercial for it and it didnt even tell you what the movie was about.

7. WDW2002

WDW2002 DIS Veteran

I guess it all depends on what channels you watch because I have seen TONS of commercials for Tuck. But then again we watch alot of the Disney Channel with CBS #2.

8. BRERALEX

BRERALEX That's a wrap.

I saw a couple of commercials but have no clue what it's about.

It looked tired and outdated. what was there target audience? families? it would have been better as a tv movie or something

9. Jubaby

Jubaby Mouseketeer

Perhaps a better marketing strategy would have been to open on a different weekend during a slower time of year?