Another BOG Breakfast review (no pics, sorry!)

Josh_the_Eagle

Earning My Ears
DW and I were lucky enough to snag the first seating on the first day which also just happened to be our first morning in the World! Completely spaced and didn't get any pics, but others have done well on the photo and video front. Below are my thoughts:
  • First time having an ADR at or before park opening. Very cool to see the MK that empty and the CM's getting ready for the day.
  • BOG atmosphere never disappoints. Nothing quite like it anywhere else. With the early breakfast, the noise level was quite low and the place had a pleasantly buzzing efficient energy about it.
  • The table pastries were fresh, tasty, light, and not overly sweet.
  • I got the Assorted Cured Meats and Cheese. This is a traditional European breakfast option so I figured why not. It was very tasty and reminded me of a breakfast I had back a few years ago in the Netherlands.
  • DW got the Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich. This was delicious but large & a bit awkward to eat.
  • As this was the first day, the suits were thick on the ground :-) One of the food and beverage managers for the park came over and talked to us about our meal.
Take away: A little overpriced (probably better priced at $15), but very good and worth doing at least once

Final note: I'm sure there will be many more to join our ranks, but my wife and I are early members of the Be Our Guest Triple Crown Club! We have eaten all three meals there.

Thanks for the review!

One other question did you leave the park and head out before actual rope drop, if so where did they hold you if anywhere?

Can't really speak to this as the MK opened at 8am that day. We were only on the park about 20 minutes before opening. We did stay but the park was well open by then.

Great review, glad you guys enjoyed it! My infant and I have a breakfast and lunch reservation there in May. My DH and I had dinner there once and the food was a flop. Hoping for good eats this time around!!

Can't really speak to this as the MK opened at 8am that day. We were only on the park about 20 minutes before opening. We did stay but the park was well open by then.

What time was your reservation for? We have an 8:05 ADR on a morning that currently has the park opening at 8 am so just curious how early they let people in.

Ours was for 8:00 and we went in at about 7:45. Not sure what the cutoff is but I'd guess you would be good with 15-20 min before. More than that and your probably pushig it :-)

Also, may be old news to many but I'll mention it here as it was new to me. For pre-opening ADRs, MK has a specific turnstile for the purpose. It is the one furthest to the left. HS is the same way.

I know this is a CS, but since waitstaff comes to your table, do you leave a tip?

I've never done so for breakfast or lunch as it is CS. I don't know if I'd even say that "wait staff" come to the table. Yes, people bring your food to the table but they by no means wait on you :-). You're on your own for ordering your food, drinks, napkins, utensils, where to sit, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter