Another annoying alcohol question

Kalypso

Mouseketeer
Tried to do a search...but couldn't find a clear answer on this one -- going on a 3-day wonder with two friends -- we all have different tastes in wine, etc -- is there a limit to what you are allowed to carry on board?

you can bring 2 bottles per person i believe. we brought a corkscrew with us...but if you have dcl transportation, they can't stop and there isn't anywhere to buy at the cruiseship so you would need to have a private driver or find somewhere at the airport.

you will save money trust me!

whatever you can carry on in your bags. But you have to carry it around with you until you get into your room. We had 6 bottles of wine in a rolling backpack. Worked well. Plus, we didn't drink all of them, and took 2 (unopened) off the boat (carry off luggage)
and just an FYI- I took a bottle of wine onto castaway cay. We didn't drink it all, and they let me bring it back (opened) onto the boat. I was surprised.

i totally recommend bringing your own if you can, we are used to all inclusive resorts and couldn't belive how it added up..i bought a bottle of wine in nassau for 14, since glasses onboard were 9 each, i saved quite a bit of money...should have bought more than one!!!

we did the wine package too, 84 for 3 bottles at dinner.....probably wouldn't do that next time though...

There is no limit...you can bring as many bottles as you wish as long as you have them in your CARRY ONS and not in CHECKED LUGGAGE. Make sure no ice is brought onboard and make sure whatever the wine is in fits through the x-ray scanner!!!

MJ

There is no limit...you can bring as many bottles as you wish as long as you have them in your CARRY ONS and not in CHECKED LUGGAGE. Make sure no ice is brought onboard and make sure whatever the wine is in fits through the x-ray scanner!!!

MJ

t_1650.jpg

Wine Trolley Wine Luggage

12 Bottle Wine Trolley

Whether you are going to a dinner party, BYOB restaurant or wine country, we have designed the perfect wine carrier for you.

Since carrying around a case of wine is equivalent to about 40 pounds, we designed this 12-bottle trolley to take the strain off of your lower back. Features include padded interior and compartment dividers, elastic straps to hold each bottle and neck in place, accessory pouch (great for an ice pack), waterproof liner, reinforced trim, handle straps with velcro closure and top-latching buckle to keep it all together. Handle extends 38" from the ground. Rubber wheels and balancing feet at base. Made of black canvas, polyester lining and PVC backing. 23 1/2"H x 15"W x 8 1/4"D.

Product Code: SKU1650

Price: $74.99

:rotfl2:

Wow! what a GREAT bag -- I know that you think it's funny or you would not have put Mr. :rotfl2: in place...but part of my job is wine-buying for gifts and I make many trips to the wine country -- these days, I have to ship everything I buy -- this looks like a happy alternative for the wine I buy for my own cellar!

Thanks for all the tips -- I am VERY fussy about wine -- I'd rather go without than drink bad wine -- it's just not worth it. On the other hand, I won't pay $80 for Patz & Hall when I can get it through the vineyard for $35...

Can you bring the bottles to dinner, or is it something just for in your stateroom? Also, are there any places at the airport that sell wine to get before getting on the transfer?

Can you bring the bottles to dinner, or is it something just for in your stateroom? Also, are there any places at the airport that sell wine to get before getting on the transfer?

If you bring a bottle to diner they charge you a $15 corking fee:scared1:

The airport only sells DUTY free alcohol...so in essence no

Rob

Keep the wine in your room, and bring your glass to dinner (each of you) and then no corking fee.

If you need more than one glass...take a "potty" break for a refill.

Not that I've done this before... :lmao:

You call up room service for glasses and a corkscrew. I usually tip $2 for bringing up a half dozen along with the cheese platter.

Can you bring your own corkscrew onboard or will it be confiscated? We are thinking of picking up some wine in Key West to bring aboard.

I am also interested to know if you can bring a corkscrew. Also, do they supply wine glasses?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter