Another ? about MYW dining

myronlynn

Earning My Ears
Hi-

I recently purchased the dining plan for my family. My question was if we didn't use all of our ts could we put it towards cs and get 1 ts for 2 cs. And I have read that some people are saving up there child voucher to get an adult voucher. Is this possible? If someone could just go over the ins and outs of this plan that would be great.

Thank

P.S Is Rainforest Cafe in the dining plan and could I get ice cream at the Main Street Ice Cream?

Rainforest Cafe is not on the plan.

Your credits can not be used interlapping, you have so many TS and so many CS you have to use them for what ever they are for. It does not matter who uses them your credits for TS are pooled and then your CS and then your snacks.

We just got back from using that last week, if you have specific questions that would help me answer them for you.

It was a great value, we ate very well for what we paid!!

We did save our child credits and used them for adult meals, DD4 shared with us me sometimes and also paid for her meal sometimes too. We just charged it to our room, so it was quick for our server, they were fine with that.

Would We Be Able To Get Ice Cream On Main Street? Also, Did You Have To Pay Extra For Anything? Any Suggestions You Would Like To Share?

Hi! I'll try to help with your questions.

Trading TS for CS credits- I don't know what the official policy is, but I have read some posts from people who were able to do this...however, it was a 1 to 1 swap. You can trade your TS credits for a CS meal, but not the other way around. IMO, try to use all your TS credits for TS restaurants. Financially, you are kind of losing out if you use TS credits on the much less expensive CS meals.

The plan doesn't differentiate between child and adult credits. All the credite are pooled together and can be used by any member of your party in any combination at any time up to midnight on checkout day. So, you could pay out of pocket for your kids' TS meals, and use the credits for adult meals or Dinner shows, Signature dining, etc.

Rainforest Cafe is not a participating restaurant in the Dining plan... sorry. I don't know about the Main St. Ice Cream Shop- I think the snack credits can be used for pre-wrapped ice cream treats from the carts, but not on scooped ice cream. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that.

There are a few snack options but for Ice Cream Only Ice Creams bars or pop type Ice Creams count as snacks, Mickey Premiums, Itsakadoozies, Ice Cream Sandwiches(prepackaged Mickey) things like that, things you would mostly find at carts. Hand Dipped did not count as a snack item.

One thing we paid extra for was the Mug that the Bibbidy bobbity brew came in at CRT, they charged me 3.50. IT was suppose to be 8.50 but he put the smoothee on the MYW dining, which was really nice of our server, and then just charged us for the mug.

We always ordered the shrimp add on with our steaks, and it was included, so if you like seafood and they offer it-get it its an added bonus. We shared alot with DD4 portions are huge and every server was fine with that, they even brought extra plates without me asking, when they knew we were sharing, it also saves a TS credit for later use. This is the time to try those restaurants that you might not try because of price, everything is included except alcohol.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, we loved the freedom of the MYW dining, and not worrying about our food budget. I loved getting to try all those great desserts that I would have forgone without the plan, I can't see me spending 10.00 for a dessert, but it was yummy!!

We did tip extra for great service, but thats a personal preference, we felt all our servers went above and beyond

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter