Another 2008 fall trip-10/3-10/9

I made an ADR for us at The Wave yesterday. Since we're doing PFTS the night before, I didn't want to make it too early. So, we have a 9:45 on 10/5. Does that time work for everyone?

No menu yet. But, it's open soon so I imagine we'll hear food review before long.

the menu for Wave is out.

i copied it for another site for some friends that wanted it.

it is nothing like the former concourse menu.

i'll see if i can still pull up that menu.

this is what was released a couple of weeks ago on the type of setting for the place.

my next post will be the menu.

Reservations are now being accepted for arrivals June
30, 2008, and later at The Wave, located at Disney's
Contemporary Resort. The restaurant, a casual dining
table service restaurant that features American
cooking blended with world flavors, will offer a
classic American breakfast, a quick and casual lunch,
and dinner. In addition, the stylish contemporary
lounge will offer new world wines with a twist and
trendy cocktails with natural flavors. The restaurant
will accept one entitlement from the Disney Dining
Plan and will honor the DVC, Passholder, Disney Dining
Experience, and Cast Member discounts as currently
accepted at Concourse Steakhouse.

this is the menu for the wave:

BREAKFAST
Make your own classic Bircher Muesli, Spinach
Tomato and Onion Omelet

Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Eggs Benedict, Homemade
Granola.
-Featuring Organic Columbian Coffee that is shade
grown, fair trade and
bird friendly.

Beta Berry Smoothie - Raspberries Non-Fat Yogurt,
Peach, Mango and
Honey, Antioxidant Vitamins, C, E and
Beta-carotene

Supercharged Tropical Smoothie - A blend of
Tropical Fruit Juices,
Non-fat Yogurt and Soy Protein.

Children's Menu: Multigrain Mickey Waffle,
Cereals, Pancakes, Eggs.

LUNCH
Multigrain Linguini with Rock Shrimp and Clams

Mediterranean Tuna Salad - Herb Crusted Seared Ahi
Tuna with Greens,
Potatoes and Olive Toast

Angus Chuck Burger

Classic Reuben Sandwich

Spice Crusted Chicken Salad with Apples and crispy
Polenta Croutons

DINNER
Pan Seared Black Cod

Grilled Marinated Flank Steak

Seasonal Vegetable Stew

Braised Lamb Shank

Grilled Beef Tenderloin

DESSERTS
Miniature styled dessert by categories
Creamy Selection
-Coconut Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit reduction
-Chocolate Mousse with Pecan-Olive Brittle
-Cheese cake with Raspberry Coulis

Palette Cleanser
-Meyer Lemon Sorbet
-Pineapple Sorbet
-Strawberry Sorbet

Healthy Selection
-Almond-Pineapple-Raisin "baklava"
-Vanilla Braised Pineapple
-Carrot-Zucchini Cake with Yogurt Panna Cotta

Contemporary Selection
-Salty Caramel with Chocolate Mousse
-Lemon Corn Bread with Vanilla Panna Cotta
-Sautéed Blueberries with Yogurt Gelato

BEVERAGES
Wine - Southern Hemisphere Wines with a Twist.
Featuring Wines from
Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia and South
Africa.

Beers- Featuring Wolaver's Certified Organic Ales

Specialty Cocktails- Passion Fruit Mojito,
Antioxidant Cosmo,
Pure-tini (with Organic Vodka and Mango), X-Fusion
Lemonade (Organic
Mango, Passion Fruit Juice and Lemonade)

on the adr you made, is that for dinner or breakfast?

Hi Everyone,
I sat down the other day with the park hours now that the EMH hours are posted and tried to put together a park schedule.
Our ADRs are all over the place so it really doesn't matter which park we start out at but I would like your opinions.
We have the studios scheduled for Saturday. Does anyone want to do any EMH days or should we avoid all of them. I know that we agreed to do a park the day after it's early EMH day but sometimes people like to to the early EMH at MK.
So let me know what you think. Thanks.

i'll be doing the early entry for MGM on saturday oct. 5th

I made the ADR for breakfast. Ressies are for six folks but that can always be changed.

Hmmm...looking at the menu, there isn't much choice. Surely, there will be some additions, right? It was rumored to be a blend of Southeast Asian, Mediterranean, North American, and Western European cuisine. That menu sounds like something from a health food store.

This will be our last sit down meal before we head home. I guess I'll have to wait for a few reviews to see if I should rethink my plans.

of course the menu could change if certain food items do not go over well.
the Wave opens june 30 and the menu could be tweaked some.

it doesn't look as full of a breakfast buffet like o'hana or chef mickey has.

the menu i posted may/could have additional items.
this is how it was released for a menu a few weeks back.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a buffet style restaurant. Surely they'll have more than 4 or 5 entrees on the menu - maybe at least a few side dishes. The atmosphere sounds great so hopefully the menu will dazzle me as well.

i was told that the Wave is to have a similar atmosphere to California Grill.

i have not been to CG so i don't know what to expect if that is true

Here is the description I found:
"A new restaurant, called "The Wave", will replace the Concourse Steakhouse, and has been confirmed to open in late June 2008 on the lobby level. It will feature an "aquatic entrance," a walkway leading to the front of the house podium. The menu will be a fusion of Southeast Asian, Mediterranean, North American, and Western European cuisine."

The food might be similar but the feel of the restaurant sounds like it will strikingly different from CG (I've been several times but it isn't even on my top 10 list)

Hi Everyone,
Beth, are you interested in doing any other EMH mornings or evenings? How about everyone else?
I really would like to establish one park each day as a morning meeting place even if we do choose to park hop throughout the day. Or would you all prefer just exchanging cell phone numbers and calling each other? However, I think that some of us saw firsthand that this doesn't always work out.
Your input would be appreciated. Thanks.

i don't know if i can organize my schedule this weekend as i will be coming and going both days.

when i get a tenative one written down, i'll post it here.
i'm flexible but like to have some sort of plan.

I think I'm finally catching up. I will most likely fly in on Thursday, October 2nd early in the morning. I will leave either Wednesday or Thursday evening, October 8th or 9th. I'll book Pop if I can get a room with a AAA discount. If not, I'll be at whatever value is available. I imagine there won't be an issue getting a room at Pop. Since they offered a room discount at that time of year last year I'm holding off booking until I see if something better crops up.

What I have listed so far....

Saturday, October 4th - morning at MGM
evening Party for the Senses (Sounds like just about everybody is interested! Hooray! It should be fun.)
Beth, I know you have LeCellier at 7:15pm and I'm going to pass. I'd go a different day since I really, really want to do the PFTS.

Sunday, October 5th - Breakfast at Wave - DisneyDeeva will book? She leaves this day.
7pm at Sci Fi which suits me

Monday, October 6th - 11AM lunch at Garden Grill - I haven't eaten here my last two trips so I'd love to join you for this one Beth.
Addition: 6:30PM dinner at Boma.

Tuesday, October 7th - 5pm Ohana followed by MNSSHP - I'd like to join you at Ohana and try out their new menu.

Wednesday, October 8th - 11:30AM lunch at San Angel & 6:50 dinner at Plaza - I'll keep those in reserve. It depends on when I fly home.

Did I miss anything else thrown out there? Just point me in the right direction and I'll try to be there. :)

Now for my participant recap. Let me know if I missed anyone. This is mostly for me to see if I missed anyone or missed anything important. I count on folks to correct my list and it helps me keep up.

Disney Freak Numero Uno - known in real life as Pat - arriving Oct 3rd or 4th and leaving on the 9th.

macraven - known in real life as Beth - arriving Oct 2nd and moving to US/IOA on 9th

DisneyDeeva - I don't know your real life name unless it's Deeva! :) arriving Sept 25th and leaving Oct 5th - traveling with Shirley (friend or partner or both) - Shirley is going to breakfast at the Wave but will she be going to MGM or PFTS? Also doing Segway tour on 9/29 & Expedition Everest challenge on 9/27 (just in case someone wants to join in either of those activities)

Northern Julie - guessing real name is Julie - arriving Oct 2nd and leaving Oct 8th - was coming solo but her mother is now joining her - Julie, you and your mother are welcome to join us at any time. We'd love to share a meal with both of you and I promise to mind my table manners. I like meeting new people and I can use all the new friends I can get!

Clhcpaca - known in real life as Cindy - What/Where is the garlic capital of the world? - arriving Sept 20th and leaving Oct 4th - meeting brother & his family for part of her trip - Hi Cindy - It looks like several of us will be there during part of your trip so please join us. If you're doing something you have your heart set on and would like any of us to join you just throw it out there. I'm always willing to line up for most food & wine events.

Dancind - known in real life as Diana - arriving 10/5 and being joined by family on 10/9 - same goes for you - shout out if you want to join in or if you'd like some company

AND my name is Carolyn in real life - bet you couldn't see that coming. I'm going to be more flexible on this trip than I've been on any in the past so count me in on most all suggestions. Does anyone like Adventurers Club? Anyone interested?

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I apologize. Hopefully I didn't miss anything important. Chime in if I did.

Carolyn

Actually, I decided to leave on the 5th. I really want to do PFTS :thumbsup2 (I did it four years ago solo and do not think that it is a solo activity).
Plus, I will be doing Tony's Breakfast Grand Gathering that morning with my brother and his family and it made it too rushed to try to fly out on Saturday. So, I get an extra day:banana: :banana:

Cindy

P.S. Is anyone doing anything on October 3rd??

I'm going to catch the rope drop and opening ceremonies at MK (I've never managed to get up that early before - but this year I'm GONNA do it). Then I'm having breakfast at Kona Cafe. Wanna join me? Then I'll probably head over to Epcot for some free F&W seminars (Fridays are a good day to do that before the locals storm the gates on the weekend).

Actually, I decided to leave on the 5th. I really want to do PFTS :thumbsup2 (I did it four years ago solo and do not think that it is a solo activity).
Plus, I will be doing Tony's Breakfast Grand Gathering that morning with my brother and his family and it made it too rushed to try to fly out on Saturday. So, I get an extra day:banana: :banana:

Cindy

P.S. Is anyone doing anything on October 3rd??

i have a adr for ohanas that night for 7:05
wanna join in?

I'm going to catch the rope drop and opening ceremonies at MK (I've never managed to get up that early before - but this year I'm GONNA do it). Then I'm having breakfast at Kona Cafe. Wanna join me? Then I'll probably head over to Epcot for some free F&W seminars (Fridays are a good day to do that before the locals storm the gates on the weekend).

rope drop is good at mk and especially at ak.
i always do the rope drops.
i can do mk with you then head over to epcot that day.

i have to check the breakfast menu at kona.
i like the lunch and more so the dinner menus there.
never did a breakfast there before.

They serve a fabulous coffee - and the pineapple macadamia pancakes are yummo! Personally, I'm not a fan of Tonga Toast but some folks swear by it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter