Annual Passes - Questions!

Astrid

<font color=9933CC>Shoot for the moon. Even if you
Can anybody help?! :)

I've decided to buy an Annual Pass for our next trip (well, hopefully two trips!), but I have no idea at all how to go about buying one!!

Can I buy one in advance over here and get it validated when I get to Orlando or is it more cost effective/quicker/easier to buy it out there, in which case, where do I go?

I've applied for a Disney Club card which I believe gives me a discount on the Annual Pass - how does that discount work?

Thanks!! :)

Astrid :wave:

You have 2 ways you can buy. Either wait until you are there and buy at the airport or front gate where you will buy an actual 'live' pass that is valid straight away. Or, you can buy them in advance over the phone with CRO....they will send you a voucher (I think they charge $3 or something to ship per order) which keeps for ever - you then take it to Guest Services or any ticket window and exchange the voucher for the 'real thing' - you can't get the discount from online ticket purchases at the Disney.com site though.

I think the DC discount works out at something like 5% or so - you either produce your card if you are buying in person, or you need to quote your DC number if buying over the phone.

we bought our AP's at the TTC and had our DC discount and the $6.00 that we had just paid for parking taken off the cost

I think you can buy them from any disney ticket window or at guest relations at DD

We've always bought our exchange certificates online, although you can't get the DC discount that way. In future we will most likely wait and buy the passes at the park - exchanging the certificates is an identical process to buying the actual passes except that you 'pay' with your certificate rather than your credit card. You have to produce photo ID either way. The only advantage I can see of buying in advance is that you may avoid a price rise, although being a DIS member you would be forewarned anyway.

Here is the latest information from the DC website:

Up to a $15 Savings on Walt Disney World® Annual Pass

Unlimited admission to all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. Entitles you to unlimited admission* to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, as well as complimentary parking.
Walt Disney World® Adult Annual Pass - a $15 savings! Both child and adult passes available. Savings based on the advance purchase of an adult Annual Pass as a member of The Disney ClubSM as compared to the purchase of the same ticket at the Walt Disney World® Theme Park Front Gate.

Offer Limitations:
Offer valid now through December 31, 2003.

Available at Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Park Main Gates, Disney Reservation Center (800) 933-3975 and select Disney Store retail locations. Renewals not available at Disney Store retail locations. Present Disney Club membership card or membership number when calling the Disney Reservation Center.

*Except activities/events separately priced. Admission to sporting events at Disney's Wide World of SportsTMComplex valid only on event days; some events require separate admission charge.

Discounts may not apply for renewals. The owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort reserve the right to revoke this pass if it is presented by anyone other than the passholder of record or if the passholder of record violates park policies.

Pass types, entitlements and prices are subject to change without notice. Some activities/events separately priced. Child ticket pricing applies to ages 3-9.

Limit up to ten passes.

A bit ambiguous, I think. The first paragraph seems to say that the discounts are only available for advance purchases, but it then goes on to say that tickets are available at the gate. How does anyone else read it?

I think they have just pinched some of the wording that they used for the Hoppers description, which of course, have to be bought in advance now - hence the conflicting wording. I believe you can still buy AP's at the gate and get the discount - but that's just what I've heard down the grapevine - no opportunity to try it myself :rolleyes:

Once I got my DC Card I phoned the number on the back and ordered mine that way and received the discount. I would hate to get there and not get the discount:(

Kaylee

Thanks everyone :)

Think I'll try and order mine over here and make sure I get the DC discount.

Astrid :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter