Annual Pass Registration / Frustrations with website

sammykster

Mouseketeer
Hey guys! I'm still pretty new to the RunDisney community since I am only signed up for races and haven't done any yet ;) We are hoping to sign up for the Star Wars half at Disney World and I was wondering if anyone else has an AWFUL experience with the Disney Annual Pass website? I know that you go in the day it opens for AP and register through the website but I'm worried because any time I try to look at any of the AP discounts and information the screen just goes blank and won't load. I have tried on Chrome, Safari and IE.

Any other AP holders have this issue and have no issues when early registration opens up? Thanks in advance!!

Nope, I can see things just fine. Your AP is an actual valid AP and not a certificate, right?

Clear your cookies/history and try again? I use Chrome and it works fine for me. :( Good luck!!!

Nope, I can see things just fine. Your AP is an actual valid AP and not a certificate, right?

Clear your cookies/history and try again? I use Chrome and it works fine for me. :( Good luck!!!

Yep! We have used them before so they should be active and ready to go. I'll try that and give it another try. Thank you!

Agree with what Ariel said. What platform are you trying to access the AP site with? Cell, desktop, laptop? I have never had an issue when on my Laptop or Desktop. However there have been a couple of times I have seen what you are describing while on my cell. This is why when it comes to sign ups now I will be at home on my laptop.

I have been having the same problem.
The page just does not want to load on my ipad or PC.
I thought perhaps they did not have the page up yet becasue it is not the 15th.
We are also DVC members. On the DVC site they have no information about preregistation for the Star Wars Run either. I called RunDisney and they told me preregistation for both DVC and passholders would be at noon on the 15th but I have no idea how to access it. I asked if I could just call to register and they said no, you can only register online.
I have our room booked at the Boardwalk already (I figured that would be the easiest resort to stay at for the run) but I am very nervous about the registration process ... What will I need to register and what if I can not access the sites ???

I got it to work!! I had to clear my cookies. How full must those have been? lol Come Tuesday I will make sure my cookies are cleared again just to be safe right before it starts!

We are also DVC members. On the DVC site they have no information about preregistation for the Star Wars Run either. I called RunDisney and they told me preregistation for both DVC and passholders would be at noon on the 15th but I have no idea how to access it. I asked if I could just call to register and they said no, you can only register online.
I have our room booked at the Boardwalk already (I figured that would be the easiest resort to stay at for the run) but I am very nervous about the registration process ... What will I need to register and what if I can not access the sites ???

If you go in through your My Disney Experience app under pass holders it is one of the listed perks and gives instructions there! Make sure your cookies are cleared as that turns out was the issue with me. I'm also nervous just because of how Wine&dine was for registering. I'm hoping I can get in on the early one and focus on getting a friend registered during general registration. I wish it wasn't so stressful! I'm hoping it's not as crazy as Wine & Dine. The other races seem to at least be open longer than 23 minutes lol

Don't worry too much the DVC doesn't have it listed yet. Sometimes they put it up weeks ahead, other times its been the day before. For DVC you login to the DVC page, then hover over "My DVC Membership" to make that menu come up. Then click on "Special Offers" then scroll down to "Early registration for runDisney Events". I have registered early this year for both Avengers and PHM, as well as two previous PHMs. Each time it seemed like either AP or DVC opened earlier than the other and one had a glitch the other did not. So I usually open both pages and toggle back and forth refreshing until one lets me in. I have used early registration to register up to 5 times (4 separate 5k entries and a challenge entry) and not run into sellout issues. As long as you are ready to go right at noon it should be ok.

Thanks
Will I have to register for myself and then my husband or do you pick which races you want and how many bibs first and then fill in the informtion/payment?
If it sells out so quickly I do not want to get my bib and then not get his ...

I got it to work!! I had to clear my cookies. How full must those have been? lol Come Tuesday I will make sure my cookies are cleared again just to be safe right before it starts!

Did you clear ALL of your cookies, or just the "disney" cookies? I am having the same problem! Can't get to the annual passholder page...

Thanks
Will I have to register for myself and then my husband or do you pick which races you want and how many bibs first and then fill in the informtion/payment?
If it sells out so quickly I do not want to get my bib and then not get his ...
No, you have to register everyone separately. And each adult must have their own active account. So the best thing to do is create unique active.com accounts for each of you now. Hopefully your address etc info will then auto fill. Also have you credit card info ready to paste to save the time of typing it. There have been plenty of stories of people getting 2-3 people registered without running into any trouble, but there have also been stories where only one person got registered. Just be ready to work fast. Try not to be nervous because that will just make you mess up;). I know that one from experience! As long as you are on the site starting at 11:55 and you keep refreshing, I think you'll be fine.

Do we have to click through the passholder page on the disney site or just use the link that's already there on the passholder page and refresh until it's active?

Do we have to click through the passholder page on the disney site or just use the link that's already there on the passholder page and refresh until it's active?
That one. It takes you to a passholder rD page and then Active.com links will populate there. Lately the links have been there a little early, but when you actually go to the link it's not live yet. That's when you start refreshing.

That one. It takes you to a passholder rD page and then Active.com links will populate there. Lately the links have been there a little early, but when you actually go to the link it's not live yet. That's when you start refreshing.
Thanks!!

And make sure to log in to your Active.com account before you get that AP link! :)
Thanks, that'll def save time. For some reason my hubby, who has run several disney races, didn't have an active acct. I made him one now.

Thanks, that'll def save time. For some reason my hubby, who has run several disney races, didn't have an active acct. I made him one now.
They haven't been requiring them until very recently...he's probably checked out as a Guest in the past (that's what I used to do).

Question on this again - sorry to change gears! If I am registering with an AP can you only register the name of the person on the AP and just one registration per correct?? Just wondering if my grandma can use her AP to register my SIL but probably against the rules - and I don't want to mess anything up!

I don't seem to be able to get into the AP registration link. I click "learn more" on runDisney, it takes me to Disneyland log in, I put my info in & I get a blank screen with a spinning circle.

I tried clearing cookies. I tried at home on my laptop & iPad, and at work on my PC. All the same. Called runDisney, they said that's normal. Uh... no. Called Disney website support, the guy said he duplicated my problem and he made a service ticket. Great. I AM SO STRESSED. Trying to register myself & my husband (who is a teacher and can't get online himself) for the challenge tomorrow. UGH. Fingers crossed it gets fixed for me!!!

Question on this again - sorry to change gears! If I am registering with an AP can you only register the name of the person on the AP and just one registration per correct?? Just wondering if my grandma can use her AP to register my SIL but probably against the rules - and I don't want to mess anything up!
I'd stick with just the AP holder registering themselves. I've heard rumors that Disney goes through and weeds out the non-APs...can't say for sure that it's 100% true, but there is an "are you an AP holder" question in the registration...
I don't seem to be able to get into the AP registration link. I click "learn more" on runDisney, it takes me to Disneyland log in, I put my info in & I get a blank screen with a spinning circle.

I tried clearing cookies. I tried at home on my laptop & iPad, and at work on my PC. All the same. Called runDisney, they said that's normal. Uh... no. Called Disney website support, the guy said he duplicated my problem and he made a service ticket. Great. I AM SO STRESSED. Trying to register myself & my husband (who is a teacher and can't get online himself) for the challenge tomorrow. UGH. Fingers crossed it gets fixed for me!!!
Did you log into that AP area of Disneyland.com and then go to runDisney from there? That's how I do it from the WDW AP holder site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter