Annual pass question

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Jostene, May 9, 2013.

1. Jostene

Jostene Earning My Ears

Last year in September I renewed my Premiere Annual pass for the 2nd year in a row and I know I did not pay $289...I paid $170 (verified on CC - and yes I have premiere, not preferred)

Did they jump the prices recently or are any tickets grandfathered to pricing? I'm trying to budget as my twins are now over 3 and I need annual passes for them - but now I think I need to change our tickets because of this?

Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

I'm confused about the dollar amounts in your post, because we have Preferred APs and a September renew date, and last year we paid 170.39 for each pass renewal. I don't know how you did, too, with a Premier. So I'm bypassing that and going to the kids. :)

I doubt if the kids need premier, right? They can't go to HHN and they won't be using the CityWalk club passes, and the Preferred gives you the 365 days of admission. If you planned your visits strictly around the blockout calendar you could even get them Power Passes to really reduce their costs.

Ohhhh, you're a FL resident, aren't you? Different prices, different renewal prices.

4. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

These were the renewal rates for last year. I renewed my Preferred AP last month and it was the same amount.

Here are the three levels of renewal....

Power Pass - $134.99 plus tax

Preferred Pass - $159.99 plus tax

Premier Pass - $289.99 plus tax

If you were charged $170.39 for the renewal of the Premier AP you were lucky. You might want to think about changing your children's passes from Premier to Preferred or even the Power Passes since they are young. The wouldn't be able to use the benefits that come with the Premier and it will save you money to downgrade their passes.

5. keishashadow

keishashadow <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=green

todd i was just looking for the above info, thanks:thumbsup2

6. Jostene

Jostene Earning My Ears

Sorry, I was typing while my kids were screaming at me. I meant to mention that I was going to buy them power passes. That's all they need. We never visit during block out dates and if we did - we wouldn't bring the kids. I want to budget staggering the tickets so I'm not paying for 4 tickets at the same time but paying for their two 6 months apart from ours but now I'm confused about my own tickets and love having premiere passes and had upgraded them 2 years ago from preferred because the difference in price was something like $50 per ticket and I thought that was too good of a deal to pass up but now I have no clue what my rate is going to be. Guess we'll see in September. That free valet service was worth every penny.