Annual Pass Now or Later?

Cynister

How long until the next vacation?
We have a trip coming up in December & another in May of 2016, both already booked. We do not currently have Annual Passes, but planned on upgrading the day after arrival in December. Originally, I had planned to wait to upgrade until the day after we get there as I read on another thread we should use a day on our regular tickets first to "lock" the current rate before upgrading. Unfortunately I didn't see the notice about the AP price increasing until today, so I will have to pay the higher rate. But now my question is should I just order the upgrade now? What is better?

Here's a bit of background...The December trip already has the 30% room discount offer applied, so I don't think I'd save anything with an AP discount for that trip. The May trip does not have any discount applied to it yet. I think there's a 30% offer that just opened up but I'm not sure if the AP discount would be better? Also, we normally get Memory Maker for each trip. With the new change to AP, do I now not need to order Memory Maker?

We have a trip coming up in December & another in May of 2016, both already booked. We do not currently have Annual Passes, but planned on upgrading the day after arrival in December. Originally, I had planned to wait to upgrade until the day after we get there as I read on another thread we should use a day on our regular tickets first to "lock" the current rate before upgrading. Unfortunately I didn't see the notice about the AP price increasing until today, so I will have to pay the higher rate. But now my question is should I just order the upgrade now? What is better?

Here's a bit of background...The December trip already has the 30% room discount offer applied, so I don't think I'd save anything with an AP discount for that trip. The May trip does not have any discount applied to it yet. I think there's a 30% offer that just opened up but I'm not sure if the AP discount would be better? Also, we normally get Memory Maker for each trip. With the new change to AP, do I now not need to order Memory Maker?

How and from whom did you BUY your current tickets?

The December trip is on a MYW package with tickets. The May trip is room only.

The question is should I? Is there an advantage to doing it now versus later? Or an advantage to doing it later?

The question is should I? Is there an advantage to doing it now versus later? Or an advantage to doing it later?

You mentioned the price increase.
Isn't that the reason you'd want to buy now?

The AP will not become active until you visit a ticket booth or Guest Relations at WDW.

The other side of this is...
If you purchase now, will you get the same array of "benefits" that will become
a part of the new "AP Changes."
If you WANT those additional features, then you may want to wait.

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess I'm just really confused. Would I want to wait to buy once I get there because if there is a ticket increase between now & then, then I stand to save more? On the other hand, if I bought an AP now, in theory I could apply the AP discount to the May trip now right? Then there's the question of the Memory Maker. I've already added MM to both trips. Should I cancel MM on the trips now? Or is the free Photopass downloads that are now included in the AP somehow not the same as the MM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter