Annual Pass Exchange/ Magic Band

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Turtle31, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Turtle31

Turtle31 DIS Veteran

Sorry in advance if this has been covered, but there are way to many threads for me to read on this subject :goodvibes. I have a reservation at BCV for Oct9th- Oct22nd, I have checked in online, I have linked everything up except we have annual pass exchange vouchers so I can't link up tickets ( at least not as far as I can tell ). When I log in to the DME app, it tells me to make fastpass+ selections but when I try it tells me I have to have valid park tickets.

Does this mean that because the system doesn't recognize me as a ticket holder I will be SOL when it comes to the fastpass+ or possibly be chosen as a tester ? I sure hope not !

Thanks ;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

Maybe. Maybe not.
    Some have tried calling Disney's IT dept. for help.

4. JRawkSteady

JRawkSteady Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Hey, this exact thing happened to me too. When FP+ became available, it just started working. I have AP vouchers, and it is only showing up as "tickets" rather than "Magic Bands and Cards". Magic Band customization just became available to me today as well!! They will be shipping in 3 days :) For now, it looks like this won't be a problem.

5. Turtle31

Turtle31 DIS Veteran

We are still 49 days away so I guess I will just keep checking and hopeing ! Thanks ! pixiedust:

6. Turtle31

Turtle31 DIS Veteran

I figured it out !!! :banana: I went on the DME App on my iphone - when I went to link tickets it had an option that said enter ticket number or SCAN ticket. I hit scan ticket - held my phone up to the barcode on the back of the exchange voucher and it worked !!! Immediatly after doing this for everyone in my group I was able to pick out fastpass+ options for everyday we are there !!! :dance3:

7. work2play

work2play DIS Veteran

Thank you! Yes that worked perfectly for us as well!

8. DisneyWisher

DisneyWisher DIS Veteran

Another way is to choose "old tickets" and enter the barcode number (not the confirmation number) that's how it worked for us.

9. PatMcDuck

PatMcDuck DIS Veteran

I could not get it to accept my green AP vouchers. But I did not try scanning, that is a GREAT idea.

I wonder if one reason is that I bought DVC APs. They are $100 less. Normally when you activate at the park, they check your ID and your DVC card to make sure you really get that discount.

With this new system, not sure how that would work. Seems like I could assign my DVC APs to anyone?

10. Turtle31

Turtle31 DIS Veteran

That will not work because you don't have the annual pass in your hand until you go to the ticket window and do the exchange with the appropriate paperwork.

11. wdwfan757

wdwfan757 Mouseketeer

If scanning doesn't work for you, call the number and talk to the ticket people. They linked mine right up using the number under the barcode

12. keliblue

keliblue <font color=blue>It's kinda like a constant bad ha

That worked for me, I just put in the actual numbers on the back of the green card, not the number on the confirmation paper that they're stuck too..

13. red712371

red712371 Mouseketeer

I was going to pre-purchase the AP voucher from the Disney Store. I called over the weekend to IT and asked them if I would be able to link these and they said absolutely not. I'm guessing the prepurchased voucher from the Disney store is similar to what you are talking about - are you telling me that this is possible?

Thank you in advance.

14. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I was able to attach the will call # on my DVC AP to my November reservation. I did it on my computer, not my phone.

15. keliblue

keliblue <font color=blue>It's kinda like a constant bad ha

I purchased 2 annual passes via Dvc member website 6 months ago and received 2 green exchange vouchers (look like a credit card). 2 days ago I went on MDE and linked them on the add tickets page (one of the choices is "add exchange certificates").. It asks you to put in the voucher # ( on the back of the card not the confirmation number on the paper). I did it first with one at which time it asked who it was for, then I did the other. right after that I was able to pick my magic bands and my FP+ picks. Keep in mind, I am staying at a test resort AKL Jambo

16. red712371

red712371 Mouseketeer

Thank you for that helpful information! :)

17. PatMcDuck

PatMcDuck DIS Veteran

I did not do Will Call. I have the green plastic cards.

18. Turtle31

Turtle31 DIS Veteran

For the green cards I used the app on my phone and clicked the SCAN button - on the back of the card there is a barcode I was able to scan with no problem.

19. mom23guys2

mom23guys2 <font color=FF99FF>Longs to hear....."A table for

Great information. I too have the green vouchers for our November trip.

20. red712371

red712371 Mouseketeer

Just wanted to thank you - I linked my vouchers tonight and it worked!

21. Turtle31

Turtle31 DIS Veteran

So glad to hear that my Disney OCD helped someone out ;).