Annual Pass and discounts

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by serene56, Mar 6, 2014.

1. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

Is it true you can book dining plan if you are staying at a resort but have an annual pas?

is it true there is a discount on the dining plan if you have an annual pass

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kaybird

kaybird DIS Veteran

You can add the dining plan to a resort stay with an annual pass. I don't remember any significant discount, but there may have been. You can also buy it for any others staying in the room.

4. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

There is no discount.

The conditions for being able to do this were to have either an AP rate room reservation or a full price room reservation. You couldn't do it if you were using some other type of discount offer or package.

It is referred to as a ticketless AP package with dining (or something similar with all those key words in it).

Like other dining plan situations, everyone in the room must have the same plan for all the nights of the reservation. The only difference is that you don't have to purchase tickets from Disney.

5. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

You can't really ADD it to an existing reservation. You have to book a ticketless package. If you have a room-only reservation you will have to cancel that and rebook it as a ticketless package (paying a new deposit and changing over to package rules for payment, change and cancellation). No discount on the dining plans but you can use an AP room discount.

6. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

Interesting. I have been up and down the AP page and there is nothing that states about booking the dining plan on a room only reservation.

I have a friend with an AP who is taking her DH she is waiting for an announcement of AP discounts for Sept.

She said she can add the dining plan.

I thought you needed tickets.

7. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

It's not a room only reservation, it's a ticketless package. And yes, you can book a ticketless package with dining if you have an annual.

8. hedberg1661

hedberg1661 DIS Veteran

If you think about it you have tickets...your AP. I always book the DP with my Room Only/Ticket-less Package.

9. ConvenientTruth

ConvenientTruth Mouseketeer

I did just this when I booked for June...

Room was an AP discount and through MDE I was given the option to add dining.

10. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

AP holders, DVC members staying on points (or someone renting points), and military can book a room + DDP without having to buy tickets. Everyone else has to buy at least a 1 day ticket in order to get the DDP. However, Disney just came out with a new package that allows anyone to book a room + DDP without the ticket requirement, but from what I understand, it's just a trial at this time, so not sure how long it will be available.