Anniversary Voyage: Fantasy January 30, 2016

allears

"If I were not upon the sea..." I'd want to be!
Just a brief report from our most amazing trip! We flew to Florida on Thursday the 28th, got a good flight down on South West using our points, not so great coming home.

We spent Thursday in Hollywood Studios, rained pretty much all day, but a lot warmer than at home, still had a great time. Friday, Magic Kingdom, awesome day! Hit all of the attractions we wanted, saw the afternoon parade, the electrical light parade and fire works.

To the ship on Saturday. We hire a car service so we can get to the port at opening. We were a wee bit delayed getting into the terminal, as they still had guest debarking. Quick check in as always, a few pictures and by 11:30 we were boarding. We're platinum so we had boarding group one.

So great to be back on board the beautiful Fantasy. We were in a cat 8B, deck nine, port side, the last porthole room. Really, really liked this stateroom! It had a little bit of extra space by the window and an arm chair already there. We moved the desk chair into the other corner and the chest in front of the window, creating a little sitting area which opened up the rest of the room. Lots and lots of storage, we pack a lot, but still had empty shelves and drawers. This was the first time we had a double closet with doors that opened out rather than sliding. Each side had a set of shelves. We also had the round shower for the first time and loved it. Very roomy and the rain shower head was great.

The weather until Friday afternoon was spectacular and we were soaking up the sun. Great serving team and dinner, late seating with three other couples. We enjoyed our meals very much.

Did Palo brunch and dinner, awesome as always!!!

Enjoyed the events at the Tube after dinner, Tisa is an amazing hostess. Loved the shows and the entertainers. We really think cruisers cheat themselves by not going to the main stage and cabaret shows. Always fun!

Tortola was a beautiful port, very pretty harbor. We didn't do excursions, but walked around a bit. We're going back next year, we booked our next cruise while on board that Monday.

St. Thomas is one of our favorite harbours. So pretty. We took the cable cars up to Paradise Point, got some awesome photos of the ships and the island. We would highly recommend doing this. I put it off for years as I'm afraid of heights, but it wasn't bad getting up and back.

Yes we missed Castaway Cay, but they did a great job in making the extra sea day a great one.

Some extra pixie dust along the way. We were upgraded a Pop Century to a pool view room with a king bed, for our anniversary.

On board, we were surprised with a bottle of Perseco (in addition to the one we got as platinum members). We had a romantic turn down service (apparently arrange by an officer we became friendly with) and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries were delivered to us, from guest services.

Scored a lot of free drinks, enjoyed champagne tasting and a massage.

All in all a tremendous week! Can't wait to get back on board next year!

Last edited:
Happy Anniversary!!!
We probably passed in the halls or at late dinner. :) Tisa IS awesome! We really enjoyed the trivia games she hosted in the Tube.

Sounds like a great trip! We are on this itinerary in a few weeks to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary. Can't wait! Did you just walk to the cable cars on St. Thomas, or does that require cab ride?

Sounds like a great trip! We are on this itinerary in a few weeks to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary. Can't wait! Did you just walk to the cable cars on St. Thomas, or does that require cab ride?

It's a very very easy walk to the cable cars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter