Anniversary Dinner at WDW

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Twin Dad, Sep 6, 2012.

1. JimmyV

JimmyV Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

I wouldn't give up on V&A. As Pakey noted, it is an "all in" price that is only marginally more than an app, entree and dessert at most of the other places recommended here. And if that is still too much, then convert one other TS meal to a CS meal during your trip and move the savings over to a meal at V&A. It will be a lifelong memory.

But if you opt to go elsewhere, I would go to bluezoo as my first choice and Citricos as my second. While I think that Il Mulino is a bit better, the atmosphere at Citricos is more conducive for romance. It seems silly, but I prefer tablecloths when I am seeking an anniversary atmosphere. Shula's is too "manly" for me to ever consider taking my lady out for a celebration. Reading a menu off of a football does not scream: "Happy Anniversary Honey".

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ppony

ppony Artist in residence DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Of course you know YOUR wife, but for me, I'll have to respectfully ;) disagree w/ this as I'm NOT a football fan in the least, but I found the place extremely elegant and tasteful. Touches of sports of course, but the beautiful place settings, tablecloths and well appointed staff didn't make me think "manly" in the least. Upscale is what I'd call it, upscale but not frilly. I looked at the football but it's not your main menu. It's just a little "fun" thing they have and take away after you order. I chose it for our 20th anniversary, the wife! ;) DH could care less about football too. It was about the food for him as well as me. This was to celebrate our 20th anniversary. :lovestruc As you can tell, I'm pretty passionate about this place. Since our actual ann. is this month, and our Jan. trip was a mom and dad only pre-celebration get away, we're making our trip next month the official celebration, and choosing Shula's again. We can't stay away now. :lovestruc

Of course, it's all opinions.

4. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

I too second Citricos. We love the grand, and love citricos when we don't have the budget for v+a, which is almost always hahaha. Enjoy!

5. Twin Dad

Twin Dad DIS Dad #704

Thanks everyone for the input. I'm reconsidering adding V&A to the possibilities. On the good side I have plenty of time before the trip to make up my mind. The down side is I have plenty of time to change my mind. I think DW would like Shula's. She is a casual football fan.

6. Buckalew11

Buckalew11 2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

:thumbsup2 We always choose Shula's for a special celebration dinner. I love the warmth of the wood and the atmosphere in there. Plus, it is quiet. We'll be celebrating our 25th there!

7. poly princess

poly princess Mouseketeer

California Grill with the view of the Magic Kingdom is great. Especially, when the fireworks go off. I also think Narcosees is nice too.

Congratulations on 10 years!
    Have a wonderful anniversary and trip and lifetime of love and laughter.

Poly princess: