Anniversary Dinner at WDW

Twin Dad

DIS Dad #704
DW and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary during our trip to WDW. We would like to get away from the kids for a night and do a special dinner. Victoria & Albert's looks great but may be out of our price range. Any other suggestions on a nice romantic restaurant? We like steak seafood and Italian.

Thanks

If not V&A's, I would pick one of the Dolphin or Swan restaurants. Shula's has the best steaks on property (Dolphin), bluezoo has probably the best seafood on property (Dolphin), Il Mulino has pretty good Italian food (Swan). If you need to use dining plan credits, Citricos (GF) and Jiko (AKL) would be my top 2 choices for an Anniversary Dinner.

Congratulations on 10 years:)

Last year my husband and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary at Portobello in DTD. We love the atmosphere and food. It just so happens that we ate there after our wedding in 2001 too...although back then it was the "Portobello Yacht Club"

Have fun!

Definitely go to the Swan/Dolphin. These restaurants are more adult and have better food. Il Mulino at the Swan is the best Italian on property. bluezoo at the Dolphin is fish/seafood and is my favorite restaurant except for V&A. Shulas at the Dolphin is steak and since I'm not a huge meat eater, is my least favorite of the 3.

bluezoo is more adult IMO with a very contemporary feel to the restaurant/bar. Il Mulino is warmer and therefore probably the most romantic of the three. I have seen children a few times in Il Mulino but it's rare to see kids at bluezoo. Shulas is more of an upscale sports/gentlemen's club vibe to it and children are discouraged.

Having dined at these 3 and at V&A, I don't know that there's really that much of a price difference if you are going to do multi courses. Remember, at V&A you get 5 courses plus an amuse bouche.

Of the dining plan restaurants, which are all a step down from the Swan/Dolphin's IMO, the best bet would be Citricos. I would go late though if you are wanting a more adult feel to your meal.

I really enjoyed the Wave at Contempory Resort then taking a walk around the boat launch then sitting out on the resorts balcony over looking the MK.

We like Artist Point. Best filet I've ever had. Runs about $100-120 when we go. Although you didn't mention Indian food, Sanaa is really good, food is excellent, runs $60-80 for two of us.

I'd throw in Flying Fish on the Boardwalk, but with a later-in-the-evening ADR, because the place can be very noisy. Later in the evening, it's a lot quieter and a more romantic experience.

Jiko is, I think, the most romantic restaurant on property (outside of V&A): dark, quiet, somewhat exotic, and with a unique wine list.

I'll second Artist Point - one of our favs. Also, you might consider Citricos - they have a wonderful filet and they tend to be a little quieter than most of the restaurants

Somebody on DIS very recently did a trip report of their 10th Anniversary trip. I wish I could remember who.... But, for their anniversary dinner, they went to Via Napoli and enjoyed their specialty pizzas with a pitcher or two of the Sangria. She said it was THE BEST anniversary dinner/celebration they ever had!!! Low key, but a ton of fun!!!!:woohoo:

I'll jump on the S/D restaurant bandwagon. You will get many more recommendations for the restaurants that accept DDP. Most people here use the plan & haven't tried the Swan/Dolphin restaurants. It's only natural people would recommend what they've tried. The fact that the S/D restaurants haven't been affected by DDP shows in the quality & consistency.

We like bluezoo for special occasions. On our last trip we celebrated DDs birthday and she and her husband were celebrating their newlywed status. The waitstaff brought out two desserts "on the house" for our party of five to enjoy. bluezoo does a very nice job of making the evening special!

Congratulations on 10 years.

I'll vote for Citricos in the Grand Floridian for a great anniversary dinner. The food is really outstanding and the setting is romantic. We are from Philadelphia, and this is the type of nice restaurant we would go to for our anniversary dinner if we were home. Also, our kids did the kids club at the Polynesian Resort and so we dropped them off before dinner, took the monorail to dinner and when we were done, took the monorail back and picked them up for more park fun for the whole family. That may not be what you're looking for, but it eased our guilt, and we still had a really great anniversary dinner.

Also, they will print your names on the menu and it will say something like "Happy 10th Wedding Anniversary" on the menu. It makes a great keepsake. Though I'll repeat, it is a great restaurant.

We are trying Shula's next Friday for our 10th. Have heard good things about it :). Happy Anniversary!!

We like Artist Point. Best filet I've ever had. Runs about $100-120 when we go. Although you didn't mention Indian food, Sanaa is really good, food is excellent, runs $60-80 for two of us.

I'll second Artist Point - one of our favs. Also, you might consider Citricos - they have a wonderful filet and they tend to be a little quieter than most of the restaurants

I will 3rd Artist Point! :goodvibes We did our 10th anniversary dinner there in July. It was a quiet, relaxing restaurant. Service was great. Both DH and I got the filet which was delicious!

But, a picture is worth a thousand words....yummm

2012-07-21182402.jpg

If not V&A's, I would pick one of the Dolphin or Swan restaurants. Shula's has the best steaks on property (Dolphin)

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Our fave is Shula's. BEST steak without doubt! BZ was beautiful. Too froo-froo for me being a non-seafood eater and not a lover of fungi. Todd English is da BOMB though! :thumbsup2 :lovestruc

We had our 27th anniversary at the California Grill on the top floor of the CR tower.
Wonderful sushi & steaks.
Desserts are delicious.
Nice wine selections.

Plus you get to watch MK fireworks the evening you dine at Cali Grill from the roof top of the CR. They even pipe the MK music in when the fireworks are going on.

If you finish dinner before the fireworks start - you can go back up to the roof just before they begin.

We've had every anniversary dinner (in WDW anyway) at the California Grill. I'll say Artist Point would be a great spot as well.

Two of our favorites are Artist Point and Yachtsman Steakhouse :thumbsup2. Both have great atmospheres, awesome filet, and the salmon at Artist Point is also amazing :goodvibes.

We'll also be celebrating our 10 year anniversary at WDW! Our kiddos will be going to the cubs den at the Wilderness Lodge, and DH and I will be eating at Artist Point.

Congrats on 10 years!!!!

Citricos was a great restaurant for our anniversary celebration. The food was exceptional (every dish was full of flavour), the service was more refined, and the atmosphere seemed more sophisticated. They didn't rush us through our meal, and brought out flutes of sparkling wine, and an amuse bouche on the house. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner there.

We had dined a couple of nights earlier at California Grill, and, although the food was also really good, the service was strange in that the servers seemed rather 'gruff' and were rushing about all over. The atmosphere at CG was not very relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter