Anna & Elsa without FP??

Izzieheartscindy

Mouseketeer
Asking for a friend going late April. What is the latest on this? I know this has changed in the past. Can you still wait in a stand by line or do you have to have a FP? What is the latest strategy? Thanks!

Last summer, we visited A&E just before 11:30 pm. The posted wait time was 90 minutes but the actual wait was less than 10.

We still had time to ride 7D twice before the park closed at midnight.

I remember last year people were talking about waiting 5 hours for Anna and Elsa so we skipped it and our youngest didn't seem to mind at the time. This year meeting Anna and Elsa was a priority. The FPs book up quick for this one so we were too late and just braced ourselves for the wait. We were pleasantly surprised as the wait was less than an hour just using standby. However, we went during the parade and fireworks were just beginning when we walked out. Think if your friend gets in line either first thing in the morning or later in the evening she should be fine. Seems they are handling this much better than last year.

We witnessed the 5 hour wait times last summer, and thankfully my daughter had not become frozen obsessed yet, so we were able to skip that meet.

Standby line is available. Tell your friend to get to MK for opening and head straight to Fantasyland. It really isn't as bad as it was this time last year!

I just checked an app I have. Vtoday is a busier day in the parks (approx 80% capacity) and at 5:00pm the current posted wait time for Anna and Elsa is 45 mins. So much better than it was a year ago now!

We were at MK about a week ago. Pretty heavy crowds that day. Got to MK about an hour after opening. DW and DD headed right to A&E. Waited standby. 45 min later they were through.

I don't know how old everyone in your group is, but right after the fireworks is also a great time. We were there two days after Christmas (so it was quite busy). We watched Wishes from behind the Castle and realized that the entrance to PFH is in the area that is closed during the fireworks as a debris area. After the fireworks we waited for the area to re-open and the line to re-open. We were one of the first groups in line behind the people that were still waiting from prior to the fireworks. We waited about 45 minutes, which was much better than the 120+ that it had been throughout the day. We were all adults though, so time wasn't really an issue. The poor little girl,in line behind us was sound asleep by the time she got meet Elsa!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter