Anjanette & Jason Disneyland Hotel PJ (May 8, 2010) -- We're back! 5/15

BMs jewelry looks great. I love the labels you made for them! The shower invites are amazing! They look great and it's so sweet she kept the theme the same to surprise you! :goodvibes

Thanks my darlings! :goodvibes Glad you all approve, and it's nice to have fun things to share again! DF and I actually went out and picked up all the postage for our invites today. Time to get cracking on those too. :surfweb:

Oh yeah, and for those asking, I got my "something blue" panties from theknot.com's store. Here's the link for them: Something Blue Silk Undies.

So I've currently got 3 pregnant BMs. Lol! At least one is giving birth a month before the wedding, but yikes.

Before I read the last bit I was going to say at least they'll all be matching! :rotfl:

I love your something blue panties, they're adorable. I can't wear boylegs though, they always manage to work their way up there... you know? :lmao:

I'm so glad to hear your kitty is healthy! I have a kitty and I would be beside myself if he were sick. I'm glad things are more relaxed and you're able to enjoy those last little details. :goodvibes

I love the Shower invites! I can't wait to see how the shower turns out. I just told my MOH's today this morning that I thought a Mad Hatter Tea party would be a cute theme if they needed ideas.

You're something blue is very cute! Good luck with the fans, I'm sure they'll turn out great!

Yay for a food tasting! I hope you'll take some pics and tell us all about it, I love hearing about food and looking at pictures of food, Df thinks I'm nuts. :laughing:

and I forgot about the jewelry, it's very pretty and I'm sure they'll like it. I was going to avoid giving jewelry but then I bought a few other things and ended up getting them necklaces too anyway. I like how she personalized the tags too.

ooo love the jewelry so cute that they are personalized.
Those shower invites are awesome! I wannna come! lol Wait until I get to the shower portion of my TR and show off MY something blue panties... oh yes.

I looove the shower invites!
And the jewelry is beautiful, the fan programs are such a great idea. Can't wait to see the final product!

Hi, I'm kind of new to this. I just wanted to say, I absolutely LOVE your wedding colors and your NMBC theme! I myself am planning to get married in Disneyland through DFTW, and I just have one problem that I was hoping you could help me out with: I come from a pakistani family and my problem is that i would have to serve my guests a pakistani meal. Do you know if DFTW allows outside caterers? I really hope so. If not, do you know if they will allowe me to use the disney caterer as well as my own caterer? thanks. Also, I've read through most of your posts and I know you mentioned a candy bar/buffet. Do you know that you can buy candy dishes that spell out "LOVE"? I think they're really cool, here's a pic:http://weddlady.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83483393a69e2011570f6c5fc970c-500wi

Hi, I'm kind of new to this. I just wanted to say, I absolutely LOVE your wedding colors and your NMBC theme! I myself am planning to get married in Disneyland through DFTW, and I just have one problem that I was hoping you could help me out with: I come from a pakistani family and my problem is that i would have to serve my guests a pakistani meal. Do you know if DFTW allows outside caterers? I really hope so. If not, do you know if they will allowe me to use the disney caterer as well as my own caterer? thanks. Also, I've read through most of your posts and I know you mentioned a candy bar/buffet. Do you know that you can buy candy dishes that spell out "LOVE"? I think they're really cool, here's a pic:http://weddlady.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83483393a69e2011570f6c5fc970c-500wi

Why thank you! And thanks for joining in! :goodvibes Soo, I hate to be the bearer of bad news for you, but they don't allow outside caterers whatsoever. :guilty: The only thing I can suggest to you, is when (if you haven't yet) you meet with the DFTW people, ask them if it's possible for them to create a Pakistani meal. I'm sure they'd be happy to accommodate you! My DF and I specifically asked for our wedding toast to be done with the mint julep drinks you can purchase in New Orleans Square at the park rather than champagne. They try to do whatever they can to make their couples happy. :thumbsup2

Hope that helps! Congrats on your wedding, and good luck planning!

Thanks, I had a feeling that would be the situation. All just have to try something elseI hope everything goes well for you and your wedding, congrats!

My MOH and I got our candy table pretty well taken care of. Seeing as there's virtually no teal candy, we're doing all purples, blues and white.

i LOVE the alice in wonderland themed shower. Thats what ive always wanted. ;)

As far as teal candy. If you want to do the work, you could make your own. For my MOH bridal shower we made teal and purple chocolate hearts with chocolate molds. It was really easy, and I'm sure you could make your own hard candy as well. Theres also m&ms as well, but those are so expensive.

Alrighty!! So this week is wedding-plan packed thus far! :woohoo:

Over the weekend, Jason and I got our ceremony all figured out. THANK GOD! I was beginning to stress about it. It's only the most important thing about the whole ordeal, right?? Lol! :laughing: The vows were my biggest thing, and I'm glad to see he and I saw eye to eye on the matter. Here's the vows we chose:

I love you, (Name). You are my best friend. Today, in the presence of God and before our friends and family, I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life.​

Neither of us really wanted the traditional vows, so I'm glad we happened upon the ones we picked.

Now, onto the delicious stuff -- THE TASTING!

We had our tasting yesterday, and omg. It was unbelievable. Allow me to demonstrate with photos!

Sadly, they couldn't hold our tasting in our reception area as it was in use. So Cynthia took us over to a banquet hall. They had a table set up for us the way they will appear the day of. Granted there's no chair covers, as that's coming from another vendor, but you get the gist. :goodvibes Also, they had napkins folded in a few different ways and we had to choose one we liked best.

setting.jpg

They first brought out this yummy bread basket. It had whole grain, ciabatta, olive and lemon twist. The olive was mine and DF's favorite. Hehe.

bread.jpg

Next followed our very tasty caesar salad with tangy lemon dressing, a toasted parmesan square and a crouton with pesto.

salad.jpg

They had us taste two different chicken dishes. The one on the left was the winner. ;) Chicken breast in a pesto cream sauce, with cremini mushrooms, caramelized onions cooked in vinaigrette dressing on a bed of swiss chards.

chicken.jpg

Then onto dessert! Cream brulee with Tahitian vanilla bean and fresh berries. Best. Creme brulee. EVER.

brulee.jpg

And last but certainly not least, was the cake! Our three tiers will each be a different flavor. We actually decided against the marble one and went with vanilla cake in a Chambord soak instead (still kept the white chocolate mousse with fresh raspberries though!). But the rest are red velvet with cream cheese frosting and lemon pound cake with Malibu coconut rum soak and coconut cream mousse. The latter was heavenly and by far the best in my opinion. :cloud9:

cake.jpg

They also tried out the mint julep recipe for us. It was close, but not the same as the ones in the park. So they're actually going to just see if they can get the mix straight from New Orleans Square for us! Yay!

julep.jpg

Overall, I truly can't complain. I'm just sad that I have to wait 2 more months until I get to eat all that food again! Hehe. They had the chef come tell us about the food personally, and we had our head of servers and our own waiter through the whole thing. Very classy set up!

So today we actually made our way down to the county office and picked up our marriage license. We could have waited, but it's one less thing to accomplish. :rolleyes1 And it's sort of an important thing!

Our wedding invites went out last week. We already got about 12 rsvps back! So we're starting off pretty well. Tomorrow I'm going shopping with one of my future sister-in-laws to get a dress for my bridal shower. Also going to pick up Jason's wedding band, and I need to get my rings resized. Don't know how that's even possible. :sad2:

Slowly but surely, this wedding will happen!! Thanks for reading and leaving your comments as always, my dears!

:banana: sounds like you had a great time! Thats awesome about the mint juleps.

Thank you for posting about all of your sessions. Its nice to be able to hear what other DL brides have one through since there is so little info out there. Thanks!:thumbsup2

:banana: sounds like you had a great time! Thats awesome about the mint juleps.

Thank you for posting about all of your sessions. Its nice to be able to hear what other DL brides have one through since there is so little info out there. Thanks!:thumbsup2

Oh, my pleasure darling! My aim with my PJ was OF COURSE to be able to gush about my wedding plans :cutie: but also! To help out my fellow DL brides. We are far and few, it seems! Or most of us are quiet? Haha. Either way, I'm happy to be helpful in the slightest! Note: their cakes are amazing! I was so pleased because I know some of the WDW brides seemed unhappy with their cakes. So yay! :thumbsup2

sounds great! I am glad everything is coming along!!! (you reminded me I need to call the chair cover rental place! so thanks!)

you are SO close!

I am so behind in reading everyone's PJ!

The fan programs are awesome, I used them too and they really come out nice. Just make sure you have one open on the table, my grandmother didn't realize that it was a fan until after the ceremony :laughing:

Those are almost exactly the vows we used too, they sound nice. The food looks like it will be fantastic. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter