Anjanette & Jason Disneyland Hotel PJ (May 8, 2010) -- We're back! 5/15

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Can't wait to hear more:goodvibes.

Thank you, thank you! :lovestruc

Ah that price isnt bad- well although i loved the dress, i knew it was too expensive for me and my mum agreed (although she loved it!) I know i have my dress, but now i have your dress to oogle at when it comes to your wedding- and im tooo excited about that! I thought that the hoop that the lady gave me in the shop made the bottom feel very heavy, and i took it off and the dress felt fine! Im so happy you got that dress! (we both have sparkly cinderella dresses! yay!!)

that tulle at the bottom is really pretty- that was my most favourite part of that dress- sooo sparkly!

Both of those shoes are really nice- but some advice that i was told while trying on tulle dresses- try to aviod shoes that have diamonds/ diamontes on them because the tulle nearly always gets caught on them and rips- the way around it ripping is to put cling film / or something clear over the diamonds to stop it from catching. Both of the shoes are nice- they are what i would be looking for, because they are just the perfect height i think!

It is kind of a pricey dress, but I was worried my dress was going to be closer to $3,000 so I thought the price wasn't too too awful. ;) We are both going to be prettiful and sparkly in our princess gowns! Hooray! Can't wait to see you in yours!!!

Ooh, thank you for that advice! I didn't think of that! See, that's exactly why you girls here rock. I'm glad I'm posting all this here!

Congratulations! Your plans sound wonderful! I love the cake and the second pair of shoes!

Thank youu! :goodvibes Thankfully, both shoes are cute so I'd be happy with either pair! And, I love that you girls are posting here because then I can go check out your PJs. Hehe.

here it is, it was 'jaclovessally' cake- i think its well cool!!

SM0030810-31-08-1-1.jpg

i just thought id show you because of the colours they used, to give you an idea - and so you know that it will look good with your colours! x

Ahh! Corpse Bride cake, but that shows those shades of colors can work. I know if I have them do it, that I'll definitely have to allow black worked in but I'd love to see what could be done!

Thanks again, Malibu! I appreciate your help! :hug:

yeah i know it isnt the same colours but it has purple / blue on it. I suppose you could ask them yo use silver instead of black or chocolate? I dunno, i suppose they could send you photos of sample colours they can put together for you~! No matter what it will be a wicked cake!

I'll probably just have to talk to my coordinator and see what she knows and go from there! Either way, I'd be happy to have my NMBC stuff worked into the wedding a bit.

I completely forgot one other thing we'd pretty much decided upon! As far as I know, we're going with the candy bar/buffet for our favors. Most of our wedding guests are family, and many of them have children so we figured it would be a good idea.

Examples of what it'll be like (only with candy in our color hues):

27f1cd79.jpg

53b571af.jpg

I'm having trouble finding invitations in our colors... even if I'm after just one or the other. There's plenty of invitations in lavender and none whatsoever in teal. I'm totally considering DIY invites, but I'm worried about how much of a headache that would be for me. Any suggestions??

I LOVE the pink candy table!!! I have to have it!!! I was trying to think of fun non-floral centerpieces for our welcome party and thats it. The colors are perfect!!!

Where did that come from? Is that something that DL does?

I actually found those pictures when I looked up candy bar on google images. I just wanted good examples of how I want ours to look.

Disney might do it, I'm not sure. :confused:

I can find out soon for you ladies though! My DF just called a few minutes ago, and officially set up our one year mark (I can't believe it!) planning session with our wedding coordinator, Cynthia! So, I'm going to have a ton of questions for her. Our appointment is at 9:30am pst on May 8th. I'll be sure to fill you guys in on all I learn from it.

Oooo yey a Disneyland bride! I was so sad when Val called off her wedding, it was supposed to be next week I think. Her PJ is still around I believe, it might help you out with your planning, she had done a lot.

Anywho. That dress is gorgeous. Too funny that Stacey tried it on too! I loove your colors. I'm sure Disney will find a great way of incorporating the colors and the NBC characters.

Can't wait to see how it all comes together popcorn::

ETA: here's the link to Val's DL PJ http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1732691

Oh, yay! I've never seen a Disneyland bride on here before! You and your DF are too cute!! Your dress is GORGEOUS, and it looks great on you!! As for my opinion on the shoes... I like the first ones! I'm just partial to open toed shoes though!! Can't wait to read more!

Those candy bars you posted look great! We are going to do that as well... although I am sure mine won't look that nice lol! I don't know if I could make everything match that well lol.

How are you going to incorporate Jack and Sally in the wedding? I love the cakes so much! The NBC is very cool and would probably work really well with your color choices:goodvibes

First off, thanks to all of you for showing so much support and interest already! I really appreciate it! :hug:

Oh, yay! I've never seen a Disneyland bride on here before! You and your DF are too cute!! Your dress is GORGEOUS, and it looks great on you!! As for my opinion on the shoes... I like the first ones! I'm just partial to open toed shoes though!! Can't wait to read more!

Aw, thank youuu!! :blush: I think I'm leaning towards the open toed shoes too. They look like the heel is a tiny bit shorter and I love anything with a bit of vintage flair. :goodvibes

Those candy bars you posted look great! We are going to do that as well... although I am sure mine won't look that nice lol! I don't know if I could make everything match that well lol.

How are you going to incorporate Jack and Sally in the wedding? I love the cakes so much! The NBC is very cool and would probably work really well with your color choices:goodvibes

Thank you, thank you! We're going to try and do the best we can with the candy bar. Thankfully my MoH and another bridesmaid of mine are going to be helping me out with ours. Our colors are going to be the tricky part for the candy. Plenty of purple candy out there, but only teal m&ms. So, we're going to try and stay within the hues of the colors. So purple and blues mainly. We'll see! And I'm sure your guys candy bar will look fabulous too! ;) Thankfully there are good pics of people who have made pretty ones, so girls like you and I have a template to go by. Hehe.

As for Jack and Sally... it's going to be tricky! I talked with my DF more about it last night, honestly. He's not sold on the caketopper I want. He's worried it will seem too goth-weddingish if we include them. I'm trying very hard to convince him we can do it and still make everything very, us. We're quirky and super big geeks so I think it could work.

0b40b019.jpg

Other than the caketopper, I want to use Jack and Sally toasting flutes and I have two little mini bust collectibles I would love to put on our sweetheart table. Maybe uh, dress them up for the occasion? Like, put a tophat on Mr. Skellington and a veil on Sally. Hehe. I'm a big collector of NMBC so, I've got some other things too. My other idea is to sneak in the lyrics from their duet in the Finale song into the decor or our invitations or something --

"My dearest friend, if you don't mind
I'd like to join you by your side
Where we can gaze into the stars

And sit together, now and forever
For it is plain as anyone can see
We're simply meant to be"

Song choices
We're going to have a harpist for the ceremony, so no songs have been decided for that as of yet. As for our reception, we don't have all of our music picked out, but we do have a few songs figured out for the reception.

Entrance: Imperial March by John Williams (yep! we both love Darth Vader and we're trying to keep it a secret from most of our guests)
Father/daughter dance: Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman
Mother/son dance: Still Fighting It by Ben Folds
Garter removal/toss: Desire by U2
Bouquet toss: Ooh La La by Goldfrapp
Cake cutting: Sweetest Thing by U2

And of course. I'm saving the best for last. Our first dance is going to be to a song called The Luckiest by Ben Folds. Jason actually played it for me not quite a year ago, and we both knew it would be our song. It's just perfect for us. I'll share the lyrics with you guys --

"I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest"

Potential jewelry
I'm pretty convinced I want to get this Disney necklace by Kristie Kelly, but I'm still going to look around.

f00fc083.jpg

Problem is I also really like this other necklace/earring combo by her, but I think it would be too long for my neckline on my gown. I'm thinking a shorter necklace would be better. That and I really like pearls. ;) But check it out and let me know what you guys think!

8c10d1c1.jpg

But I love love love the earrings.

2308ef5a.jpg

Excellent song choices. When I read that you were having Still fighting it by Ben Folds, I thought she should include The Luckiest, and you did!

Congrats on the engagement and hurray for a DCL bride. The pavillion looks wonderful. I can't wait!!!

I think shoe #1 is WAY cuter, and will go better with your hairstyle.

I love that you are doing the imperial march...I'm a HUGE star wars geek (on the day of our engagement DF bought me a Millennium Falcon kite).

Here are some teal/purple invites I found:

http://www.invitationsbynature.com/invitations.html

The last two are from Etsy.com. They are handmade and customizable because the other colors are not quite right.

That candy buffet looks delish!! But beware of dark colored candy: purple blue etc...don't want wedding pics of blue mouthed people!

Wow I can't believe how much you have figured out! everything seems great! I like the caketopper. As long as the cake itself isn't black I dont' think it would be too goth (and no one likes black icing anyway). The belle necklace seems to be pretty popular I have seen someone else on this board with interest in it too.

BTW I don't know if I mentioned before or not - but I really love your dress! Its the perfect balance between big and puffy and easy to dance in.

I can't wait until the 8th! I am practically counting down the days!

Congrats on the engagement and hurray for a DCL bride. The pavillion looks wonderful. I can't wait!!!

I think shoe #1 is WAY cuter, and will go better with your hairstyle.

I love that you are doing the imperial march...I'm a HUGE star wars geek (on the day of our engagement DF bought me a Millennium Falcon kite).

Here are some teal/purple invites I found:

http://www.invitationsbynature.com/invitations.html

The last two are from Etsy.com. They are handmade and customizable because the other colors are not quite right.

That candy buffet looks delish!! But beware of dark colored candy: purple blue etc...don't want wedding pics of blue mouthed people!

Thank you kindly! I'm leaning towards shoe number 1 also! I really wanted to do a birdcage veil originally, and if I was still going with that... it wouldn't have been any competition. That shoe would have been it. Hehe. But I still think it will be. :goodvibes

Star Wars rocks!! So yay! I'm glad I'm not the only geeky bride on here! ;) Jason and I have a little bit of a Darth Vader collection. Haha, so it just seems appropriate.

You are awesome! Thanks for finding those invitations for me! I had found the first out of them, and I reaaally love them... but they're super expensive. :worried: I will definitely check out the ones from Etsy.com though! I'd be quite pleased if I could get some in our colors, but if it's still real expensive, I may have to go with something more generic.

And I appreciate the tip! That is a good point I hadn't thought of. :rotfl: Blue/purple mouths wouldn't be very nice for photos.

Wow I can't believe how much you have figured out! everything seems great! I like the caketopper. As long as the cake itself isn't black I dont' think it would be too goth (and no one likes black icing anyway). The belle necklace seems to be pretty popular I have seen someone else on this board with interest in it too.

BTW I don't know if I mentioned before or not - but I really love your dress! Its the perfect balance between big and puffy and easy to dance in.

I can't wait until the 8th! I am practically counting down the days!

You are too sweet, Cassie! Thank you! :hug: I'm trying my best to stay ahead of the game so that no detail will sneak up on me and stress me out closer to the big day! Lol. That's my big worry! So the more my DF and I can figure out early - the better!

I think you're absolutely right about the cake. I tried to explain that to him too. Disney would work their magic for me if I requested it, I just know it! I wish I could find an example of what I want. Because I'm thinking white tiered cake with our teal/dark purple stripes or little swirly designs on it, and then tiny bits of black accents to tie it all together.

Aaand, sincerely, I'm really into that Ariel necklace. I keep looking at it and with how sparkly my dress it, I just think it would be perfect.

Star Wars rocks!! So yay! I'm glad I'm not the only geeky bride on here! ;) Jason and I have a little bit of a Darth Vader collection. Haha, so it just seems appropriate.

Aaand, sincerely, I'm really into that Ariel necklace. I keep looking at it and with how sparkly my dress it, I just think it would be perfect.

I'm a SUPER star wars geek. I have SW legos and my brother even bought me a life size Han Solo cutout haha. :lmao: I have figures as well. It doesn't hurt I have 2 older brothers so I was more into Star Wars than barbies. I definitely want to include it in the wedding somehow. And don't forget about Lurkyloo. At her MK shoot they did the Luke/Leia pose from Episode 4.

And I LOVE that necklace. I think it would be so lovely with your dress. I don't think you'd need dramatic earrings as well, especially with a birdcage veil.

Ok I love the topper it is super cute! I think if you are both NMBC fans then go for it, and dressing up jack and Sally would be super cute... maybe make them mini Mickey Bride and Groom ears lol! The lyrics are perfect too, maybe use them as a theme throughout the wedding... they are just perfect!

As far as the jewlery, I got the snow white earrings from that line and I really like them, but I see what you mean about pieces not really being mix and matchable. The Belle set is very elegent though, I saw it at a bridal store and it really sparkled, I think with eithier one you will be fine. Good quality pieces and unique styling too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter