Animal lodge night vision tour questions

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Nursedaddy, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Nursedaddy

Nursedaddy Earning My Ears

Was wondering about the animal kingdom lodge night vision tours. Are they only for AKL guests? We're staying at AOA and are going to go to Boma for dinner one night so I was wondering if we can do the tour afterwards. What time do they usually go at and is this an additional charge? Any help is appreciated thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. pl4bby

pl4bby Mouseketeer

It has been two years but when I went, I was staying at Jambo, but no one asked for my room key or anything. It was free and I think I was there around 8ish

4. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

There are night vision goggles available for anyone who wants to use them at one of the overlooks. There is no charge.

There is also a Night Vision Safari tour available on certain nights of the week that is $70 per person and limited to those who are staying at AKL.

5. arielrocks

arielrocks always planning another trip to Disney!!!

I would love to do this!

6. DevonsDisneyMom

DevonsDisneyMom DIS Veteran

I don't think it would be an issue for you to try the night vision googles if you are staying at AoA. When we stayed at AKL a few years ago, my DS experienced this. THey didn't ask for our KTTW card or anything. We just waited in line and CM showed him what to do. I would call AKL and find out what times and nights it is offered during your stay. We are heading back to AKL in June, and this is one of the things I DS is looking most forward to doing again when we are staying there.