Animal Kingdom

KC333

Earning My Ears
I am planning on a last minute trip, and I was just told that the entire Animal Kingdom is a construction zone. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks!

I haven't seen/heard anything like that. Who told you this? Animal Kingdom the park or the resort?

I would think that this is referring to the park. There was a lot of construction going on when I was there last month, and there are high walls up around the water. The park is fully functional - it was just not quite as open and spacious as normal.

Last edited:

I don't know why this was moved to the resort board when it is a park question.

While there is considerable construction going on, it is not affecting the entire park. Avatar land construction is away from the rest of the park, so you'll only notice a few cranes in the distance. The Rivers of Light construction is the most disruptive, since there are walls up along the water, narrowing the path in several places, especially when going from Asia to Dinoland. Discovery Island has some walls up as well while they continue to refurb a few of the existing stores. Aside from that, there's not much construction actually inside Africa, Asia, or Dinoland.

Someone that was there in January said it was kind of a mess, walls up everywhere. My TA just got back at the end of June and said it was noticeable but manageable, and not impeding touring to a great extent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter