Animal Kingdom

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by brianheather, Jan 9, 2010.

1. brianheather

brianheather DVC MEMBER AKV 09 SARATOGA SPRINGS 2010 & Boardwal

Hey Everyone, I thought I would check here because you guys are the best.... We are planning a trip to the Animal Kingdom Villas, and I was curious what is the best Savannah to be at if you get a savannah view room.??

2. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Kidani or Jambo?

:) Bill

3. brianheather

brianheather DVC MEMBER AKV 09 SARATOGA SPRINGS 2010 & Boardwal

In either. We are not sure which one we will be at, but I'd like to know what's the best in either.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. ccigliano

ccigliano DVC Member WLV

Hopping on to find out as I just booked a last minute trip to Kidani - SV. I can't wait!!

6. Dawn68PA

Dawn68PA DIS Veteran

We had a room in Jambo - Sunset Savannah. Wonderful! We had animals every time we looked except once in 8 days. Giraffes, ostriches, cattle and zebras. We had the rooms at the end of the wooden bridge. That was fun to walk across every day too!

7. forgop

forgop Mouseketeer

Maybe it's just me because I can be frugal over certain things, but I just don't get the point of spending the additional points for the savannah view. In my case, going with a standard view for 10 days in August yields me 2 more nights to have a view towards the pool compared to the savannah. If you want to sit outside your door and watch for long periods of time, great, but honestly, I can check them out at the viewing deck just fine, especially when you put a value of ~ $500 more to see them right outside your window.

8. ccigliano

ccigliano DVC Member WLV

That's what's great about DVC. You can get a pool view and others can get savannah views if they think the points are worth it. I for one have never been and would rather use the additional points on a savannah view as I can afford the extra points. Since we've owned DVC, we tend to spend a lot more time in the room relaxing on the balcony than we ever did before so for me the extra points are well worth it for the 6 nights. Next time I may be staying longer and not have the extra points and I can book the standard view or go to SSR or OKW or another resort all together. It really is just a matter of choice.

9. kespo

kespo <font color=blue>Is there an advantage to this?<br

We are staying at Kidani for the first time next month and would love a suggestion for the best SV view there.
    I agree that Sunset is the best at Jambo house.:)

10. nytimez

nytimez Nihilist

I'm just the opposite... I can't imagine going to AKV and not having a Savannah View.