Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo & Kidani - 17 SEP 09

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ehagerty, Nov 5, 2009.

1. ehagerty

ehagerty DIS Veteran

Stopped by Kidani in September. Took bus to AKL, then walked over to KV. I liked to walk - and generally walk about 5 miles a day - by hubby was not as enchanted with the longer-than-expected walk in higher-than-usual temperatures. I didn't measure it - it may be no longer than from Boardwalk to Beach Club, but the scenary is definitely "parking lot". "Nice Disney Parking Lot" but not scenic. Of course, I understand the logistics and limitations - what could be shorter, central walkways are in use as a mini-zoo. Just sayin' is all. Also, the theme park buses do service both hotels, but they stop at KV FIRST, so you can't count on taking a bus from Jambo House (JH) to Kidani Village (KV) - only the other way round (KV to JH).

We will return to the buses the morning of my Backstage Magic tour, while staying at JH. (Details later, but for now, the amazing bus service for AKL that has received such praises - and rightly so - in the past has some serious process adjustments needed - so much so that the bus drivers asked the customers to write to WDW Guest Communications and complain because they aren't listening to the drivers. Not saying it is true - just repeating what I heard... I CAN confirm that the bus service in October was NOT good.)

Jambo House:

Your standard photos - but I like them!! Posted here for anyone who wants to download / copy.....

Main Lobby

[​IMG]

World's Biggest Headdress

[​IMG]

... from the overlook

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hubby demonstrating hand-hewn ladder

[​IMG]

From the overlook

Lobby window

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ehagerty

ehagerty DIS Veteran

Outside the main lobby..

[​IMG]

Inside the main lobby

[​IMG]

Lighting

[​IMG]

Gift Store

[​IMG]

Walkway to look out

[​IMG]

From the overlook, toward the lobby window (nicely balanced with AKL)

[​IMG]

View of Sanaa restaurant, from the outside

[​IMG]

Animals, from overlook

[​IMG]

4. ehagerty

ehagerty DIS Veteran

These gentlemen offered to walk us to a different viewing area (basically, the end of a stairwell). The gentleman on the right was mentoring the two on the left who were new. He was helping them to get oriented to interacting with guests - probably reading faces for interest in the animals and receptivity (those not rushing to a destination). Since we fit that category, we followed him, heard a little about their education programs and took this picture. They were very interested in helping to establish eco-tourism programs when they return to Africa.

[​IMG]

View from the overlook

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hidden Mickey

[​IMG]

5. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

Thanks for the wonderful pictures. :goodvibes I am sad to hear that busses weren't as great as they used to be. :confused3

6. ColinCodyMom

ColinCodyMom DIS Veteran

I am also sad to hear about the bus situation as it was nearly perfect in May. We had a load of trouble with the bus situation at Wilderness Lodge in October so maybe it is happening all over!! That's interesting to note. We love AKL, by the way!! Thanks for the review.

7. kimmar067

kimmar067 TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!

...these photos made me SMILE.....and then, made me CRY :sad: (WAHHHHH!! I wanna be there!!! :badpc: ) Thanks for sharing...:thumbsup2

8. floridascgirl

floridascgirl DIS Veteran

Love your photos...thanks for posting. :wizard:

9. nrsldy

nrsldy Knows enough about Disney to be dangerous!

Thanks for the photos. We will be staying there in 3 weeks.

10. Brave teacher

Brave teacher DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing!

11. HsvTeacher

HsvTeacher DIS Veteran

(Red wording is mine.)

12. aspen37

aspen37 Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes.

I loved the photo, thanks for sharing. I will be staying at AKL for the first time this December. I can't wait! :goodvibes