Animal Kingdom Reduction of Character Meets?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by *NikkiBell*, Jun 4, 2012.

1. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

I saw this over on the Theme Parks forum and thought I'd share. Any thoughts as to why this is happening all of a sudden? There are a few theories in the thread, but I was curious what you all thought.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2936693

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WebmasterMike

WebmasterMike When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba... Administrator Moderator

This started a couple of months ago. A CM friend that was a "friend of the Ant" was downsized over to studios.

4. ADP

ADP <marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu

Not sure why they would be retiring characters. My only thought is it may have something to do with the alternate summer entertainment they are offering around the park. Maybe to offset the cost of the Sundown Celebration stuff they are removing some character meet and greets. :confused3

5. WaltD4Me

WaltD4Me <font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate

I think it's s shame. I always looked forward to meeting some different characters at AK. I have some great pics from meeting Mike's Ant friend. I thought Disney figured out with Epcot that people really, really want to see characters? Cutting back on characters at AK certainly isn't going to help attendance there.

6. laura_<3

laura_<3 DIS Veteran

I agree :sad2:

It's such a shame they're cutting the characters back. I think one of the appeals with AK is the different characters they have there.

7. Stacy's a freak

Stacy's a freak wrangles snakes

It might be the old "guest demand" theory. I have traditionally gone at slower times, but often those characters are just a walk-up. I have even seen Mickey & Minnie with a very short wait (5-10 minutes) in Camp Minnie Mickey.