Animal Kingdom question

MudBud

Mouseketeer
i've never been to AK before. I'm going on a day it opens at 8am in mid-November. Can I do Kilimanjaro Safari & affection station & then be back at Rainforest Cafe for a 10:45am reservation? Should I fastpass KS (I'm staying onsite so I can get it 60 days)?

Thanks!

Yes, you can. Just make sure you are at AK when they open. Get there early so you are close to the head of the line into AK. When AK opens you walk briskly to Kilimanjaro Safari. Do the Safari and then head to Rainforest. You will have plenty of time. Again, you need to be at Ak when they first opem and get right to Safari before the crowds. Also, best time to do Safari is in the early AM as the animals are at their feeding areas... visible when you go by.

While you can, I personally wouldn't. RC is located in the front of the park near the entrance and is really out of the way. RC at AK is fine if you are planning on going before you start your day in the park or plan on leaving the park right after. To go from the front of the park, all the way to the back of the park, all the way back to the front of the park and then a decent walk towards any attraction in the park (not counting The Oasis, which is also towards the front of the park), is just a lot more walking then I would want to do, especially for average at best food.

i've never been to AK before. I'm going on a day it opens at 8am in mid-November. Can I do Kilimanjaro Safari & affection station & then be back at Rainforest Cafe for a 10:45am reservation? Should I fastpass KS (I'm staying onsite so I can get it 60 days)?

Thanks!
Conservation Station and Affection Section do not open till 9:30 most days, maybe later in November. You would have to board the 1st train over and see everything pretty quickly (in my opinion not worth going, your local zoo is probably better than this area of the park). Then you would have to ride the train back and do the long walk back to the front of AK. I would definitely change your plans.

KS is usually a 10 minute wait until 10am. I would get a FP for it, but not before 10am. I would also familiarize yourself with the park layout and show times. AK is a big park, and you do not want to find yourself trekking back and forth across this park (like PP said).

I think that it would be too rushed, assuming that Rafiki's doesn't open till 9:30 (is that true on 8am opening days too?). If so, you will basically not have any time to do anything at Rafiki's since you'll have to get on the train and then walk back to the front of the park for your lunch ressie.

If Rafiki's opens at 8 or 8:30, though, then that should be enough time (take the train to Rafiki right after riding KS).

I wouldn't. you'd be walking back and forth way too much and AK is a very big park. I also think you won't have enough time for Conservation Station. I'd either eat somewhere else (Flametree BBQ, Yak&Yeti) for lunch & move Rainforest Cafe to dinner or cancel all together.

I think that it would be too rushed, assuming that Rafiki's doesn't open till 9:30 (is that true on 8am opening days too?). If so, you will basically not have any time to do anything at Rafiki's since you'll have to get on the train and then walk back to the front of the park for your lunch ressie.

If Rafiki's opens at 8 or 8:30, though, then that should be enough time (take the train to Rafiki right after riding KS).
In November, AK only opens at 8am on EMH days, and 9:30 is true for EMH days. Not sure if that is the case when the regular hours open at 8am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter