Animal Kingdom Lodge Website

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by 720L, Feb 23, 2010.

1. 720L

720L DIS Veteran

A few days ago I came across an Animal Kingdom Lodge website some non-disney person has. It was all about AKL. I didn't bookmark it, and can't find it on google or the search on the DIS. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

2. TillyMarigold

TillyMarigold DIS Veteran

3. 720L

720L DIS Veteran

Yes! Thank you so much!:cool1:

4. sukale

sukale Earning My Ears

Hi! NEwbie here - taking my family of 5 (1,2,4 yrs) to Disney day after tomorrow!!!
    My question is:
    On the last day of our 3nites/4day trip, the day we leave, we plan to do AK. We'll try and get there when it opens (9:00am?) but then we have a 10:30am Breakfast res at BOMA. Does it make sense to go to AK first,then leave and take the bus to BOMA (or can I take the monorail?)? and then when I come back, can I still do enough at AK before I have to start heading to the airport? (flight leave Orl 3:00pm so I should be there by 1:00pm)

Related side question: I will only have carry on luggages - can I arrange for them to "meet me" at the airport or do I have to go back to Pop Century to fetch them, and then catch the MAgic Express back to the airport? How much time should I allot for that?

I am obviously looking for the best use of my last day time at AK and our breakfast happens to be right in the mid morning time...

I could try and see if we could do dinner at BOMA the night before...? So we don't waste time going back and forth in/out of AK when we have just the morning to spend at AK...

5. shyjade

shyjade DIS Veteran

No, you would not have enough time at AK before Boma, especially since you need to check in 15-30 minutes before your reservation. I would change the ressie to a different day. There is no monorail service to/from AKL or AK.

You will need to catch the ME bus from your resort, and they will tell you what time they will pick you up. Plan on 4 hours prior to your flight (they make stops at other hotels, plus you need to account for distance & traffic). And be sure to leave plenty of travel time between AK and Pop or you'll miss your ME bus.