Animal Kingdom Lodge - Pool View question

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by GATORinaZ28, Dec 7, 2012.

1. GATORinaZ28

GATORinaZ28 DIS Dad#764

Yesterday, I modified my resort reservation from Riverside to Animal Kingdom. I reserved a Pool View room. Will a Pool View room be in the Jambo House, or could we possibly end up with a room over in Kidani Village even though we didn't use DVC points?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Carriemel

Carriemel Emma Clare's Mommy

Kidani Village is ONLY DVC rooms. Unless you've used DVC points (your own or rented), you'll be in Jambo house.

4. GATORinaZ28

GATORinaZ28 DIS Dad#764

Cool! That's what I wanted to hear. Thank you so much for the quick response! :)

5. Kimberle

Kimberle <font color=darkorchid>WL Vet<br><font color=blue>

AKL is a beautiful resort! Enjoy!:)

6. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Your question has been answered, but I just wanted to say have a great trip.....AKL is a beautiful resort and we loved our pool view room :goodvibes:.

7. GATORinaZ28

GATORinaZ28 DIS Dad#764

Thanks everyone! :goodvibes

8. WDWPooh

WDWPooh Mouseketeer

I have a pool view room booked here too! :)
    What floors are the typical pool view room on? I was also curious as to which trail they are on...
    total AKL newbie here lol
    so excited for this adventure :)

9. nolanboys

nolanboys DIS Veteran

DVC rooms are on the 4th and 5th floor if I am not mistaken. We just stayed on points there and had a standard view, which is a pool room at Jambo. The location was great - close to the lobby, pool, and Mara. We loved it there. Have a great trip.:)

10. magicaldisney

magicaldisney DIS Veteran

DVC rooms are located on the 5th floor with DVC concierge level on the 6th floor.

11. DisneyDudet

DisneyDudet Disney Music Addict!

Pool views are all floors that face the pool. I believe they are on the Giraffe and Zebra trails... To the right as you come in the lobby.

I had a pool view in DVC one trip in Feb... A warm Feb. with lots of swimmers. You are quite close to the pool, so it can get noisy, but it calmed down.

Best things about pool views is you can take the elevators near you down all the way to the pool area, where the QS location is, the Mara. If you stayed on the other side of the resort, you have to take a few elevators. And.. They are closer to the lobby!

12. disneydreamkate

disneydreamkate DIS Veteran

We stayed in a pool view room at AKL and really loved the location. I think it is definitely worth the extra couple of $$ for the convenience of the location.

13. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

I LOVED the pool view at AKL. In fact, I would rather have a pool view than savannah, but that's because I love any kind of water view. And I still can't believe that a view of the pool was only a few dollars more per night than standard. I also love Jiko, Sanaa, the beautiful lobby, the pools (both AKL and Kidani.) It's a really nice resort and I hope you enjoy your pool view!

14. johnsonet

johnsonet DIS Veteran

ditto :)

As someone else has mentioned, you'll be on giraffe, zebra or the wing off of zebra. Very convenient part of the resort :thumbsup2 You will LOVE AKL!
    I had a pool view room last Spring that did not really have a view of the pool and was initially disappointed. But the location was amazing - very, very close to the bus stop and steps from the pool and one of the hot tubs :wizard:
    But if this is your first stay and you are unhappy with your view, definitely ask if there are any other rooms available b/c I've had pool view rooms that had awesome views.

Have fun at my very favorite place :cloud9:

15. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

We had pool view rooms on 4th floor last Jan. on Zebra Trail. I had a nice pool view, but my friend further down the hall had trees in the way so didn't get much of a view. I think she was over the kiddie pool.