Animal Kingdom Jambo House - what room type is this

OrangeBirdGirl

DIS Veteran
When you walk out to the bus, there are some rooms where you almost look down into their balcony. It is a horrible view! All that you are able to see if a concrete high balcony (full concrete). What type of rooms are these? I want to make sure to stay away. These must be the value studio's?
Thanks!

Any rooms you see when walking out the front door of Jambo are not DVC rooms unless, while walking out the front door, you look to your right at the end of the fifth floor where there are two DVC 2BR lock-offs both of which have your usual type balconies. The rooms you see while walking from that front door to the bus stop are all hotel rooms. I am not sure if there is something else you are talking about. There are no DVC rooms in Jambo whose view is concrete walls. See the map on this page that shows where the value rooms are along Giraffe Trail and that all rooms on that trail that face the front of the building are not DVC: http://www.disboards.com/threads/th...-come-and-chat.1815576/page-116#post-54777402

Last edited:
When you walk out to the bus, there are some rooms where you almost look down into their balcony. It is a horrible view! All that you are able to see if a concrete high balcony (full concrete). What type of rooms are these? I want to make sure to stay away. These must be the value studio's?
Thanks!

All DVC rooms are on the 5th floor only at Jambo.... The ones you walk past are just reg. booking cat. FWIW. I had room 5014 (Value Studio) which was the 2nd one in on the first pod ( facing the pool ) Near an elevator which took us to everything..... Pool / Food places, and shortcut to the bus too.

Those are Jambo hotel rooms.

"Standard View

Views of Rooftop or Parking Area

2 Queen Beds or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Bunk Bed or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed

Sleeps up to 4 Adults"

Thank you everyone for your help! Before I posted I called the Animal Kingdom phone number and got an information desk. I asked the lady if she was actually at Animal Kingdom Jambo House and she confirmed she was located there (didn't know if the number routed me to a general info desk). When I asked her the question about those rooms, I was very specific in the location she couldn't tell me what sort of room they were and she had to transfer me to DVC member services. I hung up then figuring if the person who was right there couldn't help MS wouldn't be able to as well. I knew the DISers would be better help :)

That's probably the room we'll be staying in next month for one night on a CM discount. I'll wave to everybody.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter