Animal Kingdom 15th Birthday 22nd April

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by Shazzie B, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Shazzie B

Shazzie B DIS Veteran

Interesting info on Touringplans.com. For those of you out there at the moment, depending on your view, may be worth avoiding AK on that day if it increases crowds.

'Will you be in Disney World on Monday, April 22? Are you a big Disney’s Animal Kingdom fan? If so, you’ll want to be in attendance as the park celebrates its 15th Anniversary!

The park will celebrate with a few special events that will take place throughout the day.

•A special opening ceremony that will take place at the Tree of Life at 8:40 am with speeches from Josh D’Amaro, VP of Disney’s Animal Kingdom; Dr. Jackie Ogden, VP of Animals, Science, and Entertainment; and Joe Rohde, Senior VP of Walt Disney Imagineering Creative
    •Artists presenting their work for purchase in Africa and on Discovery Island
    •Earth Day “Party for the Planet” which will involve interactive experiences focusing on animals and nature. Takes place from 9 am – 5 pm.
    •15th Anniversary merchandise (limited)
    •Special food and drink options
    '

2. Mrs Doubtfire

Mrs Doubtfire DIS Veteran

I wish I was - we share the same birthday (although I'm not 15 anymore!):rotfl: