ANDYS COMING!!! (Is it true?)

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by AMT826, Mar 27, 2013.

1. AMT826

AMT826 Earning My Ears

So I've been seeing this picture all over Pinterest, Instagram, & Facebook the last few days of Woody & Jesse at WDW laying on the ground, with the caption that says... 'If you yell 'Andy's coming!' to the Toy Story characters in the park they will stop what they're doing & fall to the ground, like they do in the movies.' I had never heard of this till a few days ago and wondering what you guys thought or if you've ever heard of it. To me, this seems kind of far fetched especially during peak season. & I can just imagine Buzz trying to get up off the ground in his costume, lol....
    So what do you guys think, is it true? :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Kronk N Tink

Kronk N Tink Found Nemo

If it is it probobly wont be for much longer, now that word is out they could potentially have people doing it almost every greeting, and lord knows young kids would probobly repeat it over and over while standing in line just to see the reaction. You'd very quickly get to the point where it wouldn't be possible to have the characters interact with anyone anymore.

Oddly enough when my 3 year old was meeting Woody a few weeks back (one of the highlights of his trip :)) I was wondering what would happen if I told Woody to "Reach for the skyyyyyyy"

4. mbrou24

mbrou24 Theme Park Veteran

They USED to be able to do it. But the rules have changed and they no longer can... I guess it was a safety concern as well as concern over damages to the costumes as well as having to do it over and over again... Sometimes when they hear it the character will stop in place for a moment or two, but they no longer fall down

5. DisneyJonesGirl

DisneyJonesGirl Disney Jones Girl

How Cool was that idea! Even though we all know it wouldn't last long!

6. SpectroMagic*o*

SpectroMagic*o* Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Sooooo funny that you mentioned this, I JUST saw this picture yesterday, I was cracking up!! I wouldnt dream of doing that, but it was hilarious!

7. mousefan2322

mousefan2322 Earning My Ears

If you make Tik Tok sounds near captn hook he would usually start running around !!!!

8. SFreelove

SFreelove Mouseketeer

This use to be a little secret I guess you could call it. Not many people knew about this little trick but some have done it and it very much so worked, it's too cute but as far as I know now the rules have changed as someone said above and they don't respond to it anymore because it got out of control lol. I could see why once alot of people were doing it, they probably never got through their meet and greets etc.

9. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

~Cute, but doesn't seem practical. I can't see Disney "allowing" something like this, I just hope the CM's don't get in any trouble or anything because that really was magical! :goodvibes

10. LaRosaLoca

LaRosaLoca Earning My Ears

I remember back 2010 they would stop and look around if someone said Andy was coming. It would have been awesome to see them drop in place. But I can see how then it would get completely out of hand if it we're happening every two minutes.

11. MackenzieFL

MackenzieFL Mouseketeer

Oh, my son did that-- we were over by Splash Mt.

Woody put up his hands, my son "shot" with his finger.

Woody put his hands to his chest, staggered back and did a very dramatic death scene that ended with him hanging over the wooden post.

It was a riot.

12. BelleBriarRose

BelleBriarRose Disney Princess

It happened once with a guest who knew Woody and Jessie. They did it as a joke, but then the guest posted pictures all over the internet. It went viral, but it's not something that will be done again. For one thing, they're Bonnie's toys now. For another, the characters or their costumes could be damaged if they have to quickly play dead. It would be really disruptive if they had to fall to the ground any time someone said "Andy's coming," so the rumor is false. At least we have the pictures to remind us it happened once, though, right? :thumbsup2

13. SamiL

SamiL Mouseketeer

14. Sophiathe1st

Sophiathe1st Earning My Ears

This makes me so sad. I was looking forward to doing this when I will there in May... but I understand why they no longer do it.:sad:

15. Traveleer

Traveleer Earning My Ears

16. tiff211

tiff211 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=blue>Was busted by

Ugh, when we were there two weeks ago, EVERYONE, including my dds were walking by saying it to the green men. It was so annoying to me, had to have been for them as well. One of the green men made a teen boy do push-ups for saying it....now THAT was funny!

17. Spacedog1975

Spacedog1975 Mouseketeer

Part of me is curious to know about different WDW "secrets" enough to read up on them. Mostly, though, I hope to find as many of them as I can find on my own.
    Of course, since I don't usually read about them, I've missed secrets like those in the Snow White Scary Adventure queue.

18. bocaj1431

bocaj1431 DIS Veteran

Too funny! :rotfl:

19. magicbob

magicbob DIS Veteran

That seems like a safe and reasonable alternative. I like the story of the Army Man punishing the kid for playing the prank by making him do push-ups!