Andrea's Wish Trip - June 8-13

Hi I just found your trip report and I will definitely be subscribing

I am from Michigan as well and I can't wait for Florida weather!!

I am so excited to hear about your family's plans for WDW :)

Yet another from Michigan here so count me in as well. :)

Hi Diane!!

Woo Hoo -your trip sounds like so much fun!!!

I was wondering if your DS had occupational therapy for his sensory issues. If so, maybe they could come up with a few sensory strategies for in the parks to keep him from getting overloaded. Disney is so full of every sensory experience- visual, auditory, vestibular, even different smells!!!!! I hope you have a WONDERFUL TIME!!!

Do they have wheelchairs at GKTW village that you can borrow? I was just thinking there is alot of walking around in inbetween places - parking lots etc.....

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Welcome to Andrea's Pre-Trip Report. Also, thanks for the idea for talking to ds' therapists about sensory issues.

I am not sure about wheelchairs at GKTW village. We did request to be near the main building if possible.

Glad to have you here,

Hi there! Just found your thread. and your kids are so darling! I too have a child with Asperger's Syndrome. She is seven. We learned alot of tricks for going to Disney with her. PM me if you would like any helpful tips. There is also a few great threads for Disney with Kids with Autism.

I am looking forward to the reading and keeping up with your pre trip report.

Hi,

Welcome to my dd's MAW Pre-trip report. We hope you enjoy reading it.

Thanks for the heads up on the Disney with Kids with Autism.

I will probably pm you later.

Hi Welcome,

Where in Michigan are you?? We are from West Michigan, near Grand Rapids.

Diane

Hi,

Here is a new picture of my daughter after she earned a new Ariel Build A Bear Costume for her dog. She also has on her Ariel shirt.

She was so happy to earn.

STA72987-2-1.jpg

She can't wait only 1 mth 1 week and 1 day. Oh no I have a lot to do in a little bit of time.

Diane

I've been following along but should probably stop lurking! the new picture of your DD with her Ariel stuff is so cute!

I adore the new picture! So cute. I love that little Ariel wig on the doggie! hehe

I am still waiting to hear back from GKTW about doing our orientation the night before we are supposed to check in, or if we could get our tickets Monday at the 9:00 a.m. orientation. We need to find this out so we can get our schedule tentatively.

I guess if I don't hear from them by tomorrow late afternoon I will call down there.

Trying to be patient. Hard to do sometimes.:rotfl:

Diane

I am still waiting to hear back from GKTW about doing our orientation the night before we are supposed to check in, or if we could get our tickets Monday at the 9:00 a.m. orientation. We need to find this out so we can get our schedule tentatively.

I guess if I don't hear from them by tomorrow late afternoon I will call down there.

Trying to be patient. Hard to do sometimes.:rotfl:

Diane

I totally understand that!

I had to wait till the day before to find out when we could do orientation and it was a pain.

I bet, at the least, that they will let you check in early and do orientation at 9:00...but it would be so cool to be able to do it even sooner!! :)

Well I finally got an answer from GKTW about going to the orientation on Sunday night - no but we can go to the 9:00 a.m. orientation. So that is what we are planning on doing. So we will go and see the characters and do the orientation.

Now we need to decide on what park to do we are thinking Universal or one of the Disney Parks. We are leaning towards Epcot. We are still researching and trying out different itenary's.

Hopefully we will get it figured out more soon.

Diane

Hi All,

Here are some pictures from the generous April. Matt loved the shirts. He was so excited he got a package. Andrea was a little upset, but got over it quickly and was happy for her big brother.

Here are some pics:

STA73000.jpg

STA73004-1.jpg

STA73002-1.jpg

STA73012-1.jpg

STA73016-1.jpg

Thanks again April he loves them.:love:

Diane

Aw!! Bless Andrea's heart!!

There is stuff coming for her, too!! Has she gotten anything yet?

Matt looks great in them!!

And, Andrea...you days are coming, sister!!! :)

In fact...I am making something RIGHT NOW that is special just for you (and your mom...if you want to share. :))

I know Andrea knows that good things come to those who wait! She sure did perk up for the last picture!

Matt's smile is so big!

I just wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed reading your pre trip report. We are very new to this. We have just met with our MAW volunteers last night. But I have learned alot from reading your pre-trip report. I enjoy the pictures of your beautiful children. Looking forward to reading more.

Have a great trip and keep the great tips coming.

Aw!! Bless Andrea's heart!!

There is stuff coming for her, too!! Has she gotten anything yet?

Matt looks great in them!!

And, Andrea...you days are coming, sister!!! :)

In fact...I am making something RIGHT NOW that is special just for you (and your mom...if you want to share. :))

She hasn't received anything yet, but I told her that she will soon and she needs to wait. She is okay with this and can't wait.

You know how kids can be, so impatient and competitive.

Diane

I am working on a project, and will hopefully ship something out for everyone either late this week or early next week...tell her to hang in there! We will take care of her too!

Lynn

I am working on a project, and will hopefully ship something out for everyone either late this week or early next week...tell her to hang in there! We will take care of her too!

Lynn

Lynn,

Thanks for taking the time to do a project for my dd. :love: Don't worry about her, she will love it, when it arrives. She can wait and I am not complaining. We really appreciate that she was chosen for the Big Give, God Bless You for your kindness.

Diane

Hey Andrea - a special package just for you is heading your way!! I shipped it yesterday, so should be there real soon!! Hang in there!!!:wizard:
Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter