Andrea & Kory's 6/11/11 Wishes Wedding--WP&GF Ballroom**Updated 8/15 Ann. Pics Last!

belle2211

DIS Veteran
Hi guys! I'm only four months out until my wedding. Kory and I got engaged back in the middle of December but I knew exactly what I wanted in a wedding so we decided not to wait! I'm not exactly sure what to write in here, so I'm going to go check out other PJs and I'll be back!

How Kory and I Met

Well, the first time we really met, we were at Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk. I was with my boyfriend at the time and he was on a date with my best friend, Brit. I remember meeting him, but thats about it. (He says he remembers thinking how cute I was and asking my best friend about me).

Flash forward to about six months later. It was the beginning of summer. I was hanging out with Brit and two of her friends, Kyle and his fiance at the time, Renee. I had hung out with the three of them a couple of times when I was complainging about how there were no good single guys. Brit and Kyle looked at each other and Kyle said "I know of one. My twin brother!" So we arranged to all meet at Jellyrolls again. But Kory didn't say too much to me so I thought nothing was going to happen.

A week later, Kyle came and rode my ride at Disney. Then I went to the twins' basketball game that evening. During halftime, Kory came up to me (but I thought it was Kyle) and asked where I worked. I just gave him a look and said "You were on my ride today." I though Kyle was crazy. Turned out it was Kory! (except for on the phone, I haven't gotten them confused since!) This started a whole new conversation and the rest was history!

232323232%7Ffp53454%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E84%3B%3E495%3EWSNRCG%3D3238%3B3778893%3Bnu0mrj

The Engagement

Kory and I are huge Disney fans. We live in Windermere, right on the back side of the Magic Kingdom. He is a full time cast member in a role with office and technical and I am a seasonal cast member at The Great Movie Ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Every year we go to see the Spectacle of Dancing Lights at the Studios and this year was no different. So on Dec 19th, we went. Kory knows that I love having our pictures taken by the photopass people so he asked if I wanted to get in line to have our pictures taken there. Of course I said yes. So we got in line and when it was our turn, we gave our camera to the photopass people and got in place and then he said "Hold on" and bent down to tie his shoe. He had been having problems with his shoelaces all night and when he did it then, I said "Really??" and kind of got an attitude. Well, apparently he had the ring box hidden there. He pulled out the box, opened it and said "Andrea, will you marry me?" and all the time, the photopass people were taking pictures with my camera and their camera. So it was all on tape! I'll post the pictures below. Apparently, as you can see in the second picture, I was so into making sure I said yes, that I forgot to give him my hand to put the ring on!

232323232%7Ffp%3A9%3A%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E84%3B%3E495%3EWSNRCG%3D3457%3B8836933%3Anu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp%3A%3A4%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E84%3B%3E495%3EWSNRCG%3D3457%3B937%3C833%3Anu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp%3A%3B2%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E84%3B%3E495%3EWSNRCG%3D3457%3B8836%3A33%3Anu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp%3A%3A%3A%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E84%3B%3E495%3EWSNRCG%3D3457%3B937%3C933%3Anu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp%3A9%3B%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E84%3B%3E495%3EWSNRCG%3D3457%3B8836%3B33%3Anu0mrj

Okay, anyone know how to make the pictures smaller? I am using the URL from my snapfish account but they're coming out HUGE!

Welcome to the boards, and congratulations on your wedding being so close! Your engagement pictures are beautiful. I can't wait to read more about your plans!

Congrats & Welcome to the boards! :)

Your story is so cute! And in park engagements just make me :love:!!

Here are the save the dates that we sent out last Thursday. A bunch of people in-state have already gotten them and we've gotten so good responses about how cute they are!

savethedate-2.jpg

So here is my wedding dress. I found this in the catalog last fall and knew I wanted it right away! but then when it came time for trying on dresses, I wasn't so sure. There was another Alfred Angelo one that I really liked, but unfortunately you couldn't really see the details on the skirt in pictures. So after lots of dresses, I went back to the one I knew was made for me!

The dress was supposed to take 10 weeks, to come in but they called me last Friday to tell me it was ready! It only took 4 weeks! I go in on Sunday for my first fitting. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's actually my size!

The first picture is the model so you can see what its supposed to look like

AlfredAngeloDress1.jpg

This next one is me in it, but about 4 sizes too big

dress1.jpg

The back side of it

dress1back.jpg

And here's the second dress I really almost got (on sale it was like $600. I was going to see if they hem it above my knees and just wear it for the reception, but they were honest with me and said they were afraid it wouldn't work right and didn't want me to waste the money if it was going to turn out badly)

dress5.jpg

I love your Osborne Lights engagement!! How amazing! I can't wait to hear more of your plans!!

Your dress is gorgeous!!! :lovestruc I love it! And the other one is pretty too! Bummer they couldnt alter it for what you wanted! :headache:

Beautiful dress!! I love it!!! I got an Alfred Angelo as well :)

Thanks! I loved a bunch of their dresses!

I love your Osborne Lights engagement!! How amazing! I can't wait to hear more of your plans!!

I loved it too!

Your dress is gorgeous!!! :lovestruc I love it! And the other one is pretty too! Bummer they couldnt alter it for what you wanted! :headache:

I agree, but at least they were honest and didn't just let me buy the dress and find out the hard way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter