And They Lived Happily Ever After - A June '11 Disneymoon TR! THE END - NEW PTR!

I just LOVE the Poly! You definitely made a great choice for your Disneymoon :thumbsup2

Even if you didn't get the upgrade, it's almost better to have a convenient location than a great view. That was so nice of your dad to try and get you the upgrade though! How nice!

I can't wait to see how the Disneymoon turned out! I loved your TR on the Nov 2010 trip went. We always travel to WDW in Nov. for the holidays so I love reading other TR's during that time.

I'm sorry you didn't get an upgrade but sounds like you got a great location!

Is Miguel watching Bones?! I love that show! :rotfl:

Great start! :goodvibes

Okay, I'm here!

Your wedding pictures are just beautiful. You look stunning in them!

I'm so glad you were happy with your decision to stay at the Poly. It is by far my favorite resort of all. I love the fact that they gave you real flower leis.

Alas, it wasn't meant to be to have MK view or your longhouse request! Everything worked out great in the end! That was very nice of your Dad to try to upgrade you but summer is a busy time of year for WDW!

Can't wait to hear about your first evening in WDW! :goodvibes

It did all work out! I was so pleased with Rarotonga! :thumbsup2

What a sweet thing for your dad to do for you. And despite the fact that it didn't work out, I'm glad you guys still enjoyed your room. From the pictures, it looks gorgeous! And your dress for 'Ohana's is adorable! :thumbsup2

Thank you! :goodvibes Everything about the Poly is beautiful! The rooms are really nice - and big too!

as always, AWESOME update! xo

Thanks! :goodvibes

Great update! I love the Poly and you and Miguel look so cute!

Aww, thank you! :goodvibes We are Poly converts for sure, now! We LOVED it!

My DBF hasn't stayed at the Polynesian since the 90's and hasn't seen the updated rooms. He says they're amazing! A massive improvement from what they use to be. Personally, I am in love with that bathroom. Gorgeous!

The rooms at the Poly are so nice! I was a little worried at first because some people have mentioned a "70's" look, but I didn't see that at all. The bathroom is really pretty! It has a beautiful green marble in the shower. :thumbsup2

I am loving reading your TR, especially since my DH and I are going on our honeymoon to WDW in August! Your wedding photos are beautiful and you looked gorgeous! Congrats!

Thank you! Thanks for joining in! And congrats on your upcoming honeymoon! :goodvibes

I am loving your TR thus far. Thanks for sharing your honeymoon with us. DH and I were trying to decide between a honeymoon in Disney or a honeymoon cruise and were persuaded by non Disney people to do the cruise (not disney). We had a great time but we have always wished we had done the Disneymoon instead. :rotfl: We have gone for the last 6 years in a row now and it is the only place (other than short beach trips) that we vacation as a family. Nothing like it. :goodvibes

Looking forward to reading more.

Thank you! I'm so glad you are enjoying it! :goodvibes

I'm here!!
You look amazing in your dress! :)

Yay! Glad to have you joining in! Thank you! :goodvibes

Yay, you guys made it to Disney! Awww, sorry no upgrade pixie dust, but yay for the pins and those amazing flower leis, I love those! :cool1: Your room is beautiful, I love the Poly! :lovestruc

I love the Poly, too! It's such a beautiful resort! I think I could have had a view of the parking lot and I still would have loved it! :lmao:

Wow!!! Your dad really spoils you! What a good guy! I think you had a pretty decent view for garden view. What that lazy husband of your's sleeping after you did all the driving ;) :rotfl2:

He definitely does! I am the only child, though. ;)

You photos make me want to stay at the Poly SO bad. We haven't been able to afford it yet, but I'm hoping on our next trip, maybe we'll do a split stay and at least do 1 night on there.

I already want to go back, but it's usually out of our budget, too. Maybe if we go during value season and get a discount. :confused3

This sounds like an amazing trip! I can't wait to hear more! My mom always wanted to stay at the Poly, but we never got the chance. THat is one of the next places I hope to stay on my next trip!
Love it so far!:thumbsup2

The Poly is amazing! If you get the chance you should definitely stay there! :)

Great Update!!!

I think it is a male thing because my husband also takes naps a lot. lol :lmao:

Even though you didn't get an upgrade, the room looks awesome and it's nice that it is convenient to all the things you utilize there :)

Can't wait to hear all about your first dinner on your honeymoon!!! :goodvibes

Thank you! :goodvibes

I swear, Miguel took more naps on this trip than I think he has since I met him! Disney really wore him out this time! :lmao:

I just LOVE the Poly! You definitely made a great choice for your Disneymoon :thumbsup2

Even if you didn't get the upgrade, it's almost better to have a convenient location than a great view. That was so nice of your dad to try and get you the upgrade though! How nice!

I don't think we could have picked a better resort. The Poly is definitely the perfect spot for a honeymoon. :cloud9:

I can't wait to see how the Disneymoon turned out! I loved your TR on the Nov 2010 trip went. We always travel to WDW in Nov. for the holidays so I love reading other TR's during that time.

I'm glad you're joining in! And I'm glad you liked the November TR, too! This one will hopefully be even better! :goodvibes

I'm sorry you didn't get an upgrade but sounds like you got a great location!

Is Miguel watching Bones?! I love that show! :rotfl:

Great start! :goodvibes

I'm not sure what Miguel was watching. :confused3 Come to think of it, I don't think he was actually watching anything since he was snoozing away. :laughing: It might have been the DVC show, though.

Okay, I'm here!

Your wedding pictures are just beautiful. You look stunning in them!

I'm so glad you were happy with your decision to stay at the Poly. It is by far my favorite resort of all. I love the fact that they gave you real flower leis.

Yay! Glad you're joining in! Thank you so much! The Poly is a favorite of ours now, too! :goodvibes

I'm sorry I am so late getting in Courtney. I have been trying to get things together for school and it hasn't been going very well. I am so glad you are staying at the Poly, I have always wanted to stay there and it looks like an amazing resort. I really love the tropical feel of it. I also really liked you and Miguels tropical outfitts. I love your dress, do you remeber where you bought it?
I am looking forward to the next update ad the rest of your disneymoon. :thumbsup2

popcorn:: Loving your TR so far & can't wait to read more! My DH & I had our Disneymoon 10 years ago at the Grand Floridian & boy, time sure does fly!

I just loved your past TR's and am so looking forward to this one! I LOVE the Poly, so romantic. Can't wait to read more! Congratulations on your marriage! :lovestruc

I'm sorry I am so late getting in Courtney. I have been trying to get things together for school and it hasn't been going very well. I am so glad you are staying at the Poly, I have always wanted to stay there and it looks like an amazing resort. I really love the tropical feel of it. I also really liked you and Miguels tropical outfitts. I love your dress, do you remeber where you bought it?
I am looking forward to the next update ad the rest of your disneymoon. :thumbsup2

I'm so glad you made it over! We're just getting started! :goodvibes

I'm about to start back to school, too (less than a month away) so I completely understand how much time and energy that takes!

I actually found my dress in the junior's section at Target! It was only like $18. :thumbsup2

popcorn:: Loving your TR so far & can't wait to read more! My DH & I had our Disneymoon 10 years ago at the Grand Floridian & boy, time sure does fly!

Thank you! I'm so glad to have you following along! :goodvibes

I just loved your past TR's and am so looking forward to this one! I LOVE the Poly, so romantic. Can't wait to read more! Congratulations on your marriage! :lovestruc

:welcome: And thank you! I'm so glad you've enjoyed the past reports! :goodvibes

I've just caught up on your updates to your TR so far. I really can't wait to hear more about your awesome trip. :goodvibes

ARRIVAL DAY – Pt. 3

After getting settled into our room at the Poly and changing out of our travel clothes and in to our “island gear” Miguel and I were ready to head out for our first meal at Disney: ‘Ohana! Miguel and I first fell in love with ‘Ohana after eating there for the first time on our January 2010 engagement celebration trip, and from the very beginning of my planning I knew that I wanted our first night at Disney to consist of dinner there followed by Wishes on the Poly beach!

It was on our way to dinner that we realized just what a great location Rarotonga was. Since we got a bit turned around getting to our room, I don’t think we were aware just how close we were to everything, but it literally took about 5 steps to get from our longhouse to the GCH. We quickly made our way up the stairs and over to the ‘Ohana check-in podium. We were handed our buzzer, and thankfully only had to wait about 5 minutes before it went off!
0666f6ac.jpg

On a side note – they have now moved the check-in podium to over by the stairs instead of by the bar, and I think it really helps. The check-in/waiting area seems much less crowded now!

As we were led to our table, we got the usual spill about the meaning of ‘Ohana and how much food we would be eating. We were very happy finally reach our destination at a table close to a window! We have been very lucky to get great tables at ‘Ohaha . This was our view.
41a16d3e.jpg

We couldn’t wait to get started on the bread! I have to limit myself, though. Can’t fill up too quickly!
3933970a.jpg

Before we could really get settled in, the entertainment lady (does anyone know her name) started her act right in front of our table.
0d1d79b4.jpg

Man there were a lot of kids there! It kind of surprised us because it was so late and we had never seen so many, but our table was definitely in front of the action! It was cute to watch the kids, but that lady is really annoying. I hope I’m not the only one that feels that way. :confused3

Finally, cousin came over and we of course had to order some drinks. Miguel got his usual Lapu Lapu, but I wanted to try something different, as the Lapu is a little too strong for me since I don’t drink very often. I decided to try the Strawberry Daiquiri. The waiter looked at me like “are you sure”. In fact, he even asked “like, with alcohol???” Once I proved that I am able to have a real Daiquiri, he brought over our beverages.
75e01026.jpg

Oh my goodness, that Daiquiri was amazing! It started quite the trend for me on the honeymoon, and it became my go-to drink during the trip. Nothing was as good as the one at ‘Ohana’s, though! So, if you like that kind of drink, definitely try one!

It didn’t’ take long for our salad to arrive, either! This is always so tasty!
818bd6db.jpg

Yummy potstickers and chicken wings (well, yummy if you ask Miguel, I don’t care for the wings).
9d0528f8.jpg

Noodles and broccoli.
1ab5f649.jpg

Finally it was time for the good stuff! I am always on the brink of being stuffed when the meat finally starts coming around, though!
a7a41987.jpg

Sometime during the meat delivery, the lady started up her act again, and this time she was passing out leis to all of the kids. She was doing so right near our table, and at one point one flew out of her hand and landed on Miguel. She told him that he might as well have it, and gave him an extra one for “this 16 year old girl you have with you”. She actually sounded really angry when she said it, like she really thought I was some teenage and Miguel was just a dirty old man! I must have looked really young that night!

Oh well, at least we got some more leis to add to our collection!
8af58ce8.jpg

By the time the famous bread pudding arrived, we were both so full that even looking at food was making us sick. Yet somehow, I still managed to eat a few bites! It was amazing as always!
7d1d5513.jpg

After we had stuffed ourselves silly, we paid our bill and then spent some time just exploring the beauty of the GHC.
f3391d7f.jpg

9243edd6.jpg

f6c672fe.jpg

0d75d318.jpg

07574983.jpg

Around 9:45 we decided to make our way out to the pool area so that we could get our spot for Wishes.
cd4ee4f7.jpg

We ended up getting a couple towels and lying them on the “curb” so that we could put our feet in the sand, but not actually have to be in the sand. LOL.
aac934ec.jpg

6971442d.jpg

The view from the Poly beach is absolutely beautiful at night. The lights from the GF twinkle in the distance, and the castle glows in front of you. It’s breathtaking and definitely romantic! While we waited for Wishes to start, we just soaked up the atmosphere and talked about how excited we were to finally be there – to finally be married!

Soon enough, Wishes started! The music was piped in and everyone on the beach went silent. With the exception of two pictures, I just enjoyed the show. To prove I was there, here are my two (terrible!) pictures.
2c5e7ddc.jpg

0194502d.jpg

The view of Wishes from the Poly beach can be summed up in one word: Amazing. This is definitely my new favorite spot to see the show. You really get a whole new perspective seeing it from a distance. I noticed things that I had never seen before while looking up on Main Street, like fireworks in the shapes of stars and hearts. I hope I’m not the only one who hadn’t noticed them before! LOL

After the show was over, we brushed the sand off of our feet and returned our towels. Before we went back to our room, we made a quick stop at Captain Cooks to buy our refillable mugs (which we LOVED, by the way. We will get them every time now!) and then it was off to bed! We had a big day the next day: our first full day at Disney!

Up Next: Breakfast at Crystal Palace!

Great update! I'm sorry about the waiter making the alcohol comment and that entertainment lady!
Wishes looks so amazing from the poly beach and very romantic!

I love 'Ohana! I definitely think we'll have to book it again for our next trip, and try getting a spot on the beach to watch the fireworks.

That's so funny about everybody thinking you're a youngin'! I work on a college campus, and I run into it all the time with people asking what year I am and what my major is. I'm just like, Um...I've worked here 4 years. haha.

Ugh, how annoying that the waiter and the entertainment lady thought you were underage. I get that all the time, and most of the time I just laugh it up, but it really did bother me when it happened at Narcoossee's.

Your first night sounds a lot like what I hope my first night to be, except replace leaving our rooms steps away from the GHC to leaving our rooms at POP, and eating at Kona instead of Ohana's. ;) I was already looking forward to watching Wishes from the Poly Beach, but you have just made me even more excited (if that's possible!). I'm hoping it will be romantic for us too.

That food looks soooo good! Nom nom nom

I'm glad you didn't let that CMs comment get to you. I would have chimed up and said something to her. Put her in her place! Especially since she's annoying. IMO, though! :)

I absolutely loved watching Wishes from the Poly beach back in February. It is definitely romantic.

What a PERFECT way to start your honeymoon. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter