1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

And They Lived Happily Ever After - A June '11 Disneymoon TR! THE END - NEW PTR!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE, Jul 13, 2011.

1. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE DIS Veteran

Hello, and welcome to my Disneymoon TR! :goodvibes This is my third TR and I love reliving all of the memories of our trips here almost as much as I love making them! If you’d like to take a glance at my previous TRs, the links are in my signature. Also, if you’d like to take a peek behind the scenes and see all of the planning that went into this trip, my PTR “Planning Our Happily Every After” can be found in my signature as well. I will warn you, though, I am a bit OCD when it comes to planning and it is loaded to the brim with both trip and wedding details!

So obviously since this is a honeymoon TR, you know that my DH (so strange to type that!) and I just got married! We had a beautiful ceremony and reception in our hometown of Atlanta, Georgia and woke up the next morning and made the drive to Disney where we honeymooned for nearly two weeks!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, before I get too far, I should introduce myself for those who don’t know me. I am Courtney, a 20-something southern girl born and raised in Atlanta. Thankfully, my close promixity to Florida and the fact that my dad has lived there since I was 2 meant that I spent most spring and summer breaks in Disney. I have loved the parks, the movies and the characters since before I can remember and I love getting to relive my childhood with each trip!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 30 year old hubby Miguel had never been to Disney when we met back in 2007, but I quickly changed that! :laughing: He loves thrill rides and going with the flow – two things I do not, but somehow, our trips work out beautifully! I consider myself very lucky to have a Disney buddy and a husband who loves Disney just as much as I do.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After about a year of dating Miguel and I decided to take our first trip together and spent a few days at Disney while visiting my dad in Tampa. Miguel quickly fell in love, and my Disney love-affair was reunited in the worst way! We visited another time in March 2009 before Miguel proposed on Christmas day of that year. Soon after our engagement we made a trip in January 2010 and again right after Thanksgiving 2010. Disney seemed like the most logical place for two Disney-obsessed souls to go for their honeymoon, and we had an absolute blast on our fifth and most extravagant trip together!
    [​IMG]

Since this was our honeymoon, I wanted to go all out, so I booked us for 11 nights at the Polynesian and planned some fun extras like tours, spa treatments, a fireworks cruise and signature meals to make the trip a trip of a lifetime. This was, without a doubt, our most meticulously planned-out trip. I spent an entire year planning, pondering and generally over-thinking every moment of our trip. Yet somehow, we still managed to make cancellations, add ADRs and change the plans on a whim. So, even if you followed along with my PTR, there are still some surprises in store!

I feel so blessed to have been able to take this amazing trip with my amazing new husband, and now I am so ready to share it all with you! Thank you for joining in - readers new and old! :goodvibes

Up next: It’s FINALLY time to go to Disney!!! :woohoo:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

4. mermaid764

mermaid764 DIS Veteran

I'm here:goodvibes

Wow 11 nights at the Poly, what an awesome way to spend your honeymoon!

Can't wait for more

5. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

Yay! Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

6. WDWCP96

WDWCP96 DIS Veteran

I'm here!

I can't wait to hear all about trip although I haven't finished reading about your wedding day yet.

7. JennisSilly

JennisSilly Mouseketeer

I'm in :)

Can't wait to read about your trip! Your wedding was gorgeous!

8. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

So glad to have you following along again! :goodvibes

Thank you! And thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

9. ariel1025

ariel1025 DIS Veteran

I'm here Courtney ... so very excited to read all about it!!!

10. dreamerchic33

dreamerchic33 Mouseketeer

I'm here! Can't wait to read along!
    BTW LOVE the picture of you two in MK!

11. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

Hi Shannon! It's good to see you back on the boards! Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

Yay! I'm so glad you're here! Thank you! :goodvibes

12. ZFamily5

ZFamily5 DIS Veteran

I'm in! Great pictures of you two! :thumbsup2

13. merbobear

merbobear DIS Veteran

I was just browsing the trip report forum, looking for a new TR to follow, and look what I stumbled upon! Of course I am in & can't wait to see how your trip turned out! Congrats on your marriage, again!:goodvibes

14. Nermel9

Nermel9 DIS Veteran

Yay I'm here, going back to read the intro now! :cool1:

15. SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE

Haha! I'm glad you found me! And I'm glad you're here! :goodvibes

:welcome: and thank you! So glad you're joining in! :goodvibes

Yay! I'm so glad you're here, Jen! :woohoo:

16. MinnieMouse880

MinnieMouse880 Earning My Ears

Can't wait to read you guys' report!!!:)

17. poohbearwithme

poohbearwithme Don't ever change this title if you receive Tag Fa

Great trip report and you made a beautiful bride. :bride:

18. arbolita

arbolita DIS Veteran

I'm here! WOOOOOOO!

19. Princess_K

Princess_K DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm so glad you started! All of the photos in your intro are great. I'm glad you had such a wonderful Disneymoon :goodvibes

20. tinawv

tinawv If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in W

Can't wait to read more!

21. rachel09985

rachel09985 DIS Veteran

Im so excited to start reading this!! You looked so beautiful on your wedding day and I absolutely love the professional pics!! Ive been waiting for you trip report and can't wait to follow you along!