And these are the {Resort} Changes of our Lives ~In Memory of JungleCruiser <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you all had a wonderful and very Merry Christmas today :goodvibes I know from FB that Candace's girls loved their AG dolls, Jen how about yours? It seems like that was a popular gift this year. One day my DD will get there.

We (as good Jews) went to the movies today, but no Chinese food :lmao:

Tomorrow is round three at the allergist, DS needs a scratch test, which he is not happy about :worried: Then DD has her bi-annual hair cut on Thursday and they both have dentist appt's on Friday. So far this is not the restful, do nothing winter break I had envisioned. Not to mention finding all the gluten free foods that the kids will eat (we put DD on gluten free as well since it is just easier and probably cant hurt her ADHD).

I have been all over the WDW website as well as others changing up our dining reservations and in touch with special diets trying to figure it all out. All I can say is that I will be siting on my CR balcony looking at Cinderella's Castle in 44 days :lovestruc

Love and happiness to all of you :grouphug:

Melissa

Good luck at the allergist Melissa!! I hope DS can be tough and strong! :hug:
Soon enough, you'll be back in Disney! :goodvibes
For now, this is my view of the castle...:rotfl2:

7b37b70fe3840fe4cf4556e61f2a6388.jpg

A little present for the girls yesterday, courtesy of Disney parks! :thumbsup2
They wanted this in July and didn't understand why we couldn't shove it in our suitcase...:confused3

Hi Melissa!

Again I will repeat myself, and send some good wishes for your DS's allergy testing tomorrow. What a trooper he must be. 44 Days!! Soooo excited for you all!:yay:

Since you asked about the dolls...the girls loved them!! The last present was to DD4...it was an American Girl book called "What to play with your American Girl Doll" (or something to that effect..:lmao:) I felt so bad for them for about a minute when they saw the book. Their little faces....asking themselves silently why would they get such a book....and they don't even have a doll!! How cruel!;)

But then I brought out the three wrapped boxes....and they were just so cute. Especially the older two, DD8 the most. I haven't seen their faces light up so much at something that is NOT a disney trip in forever!!:rotfl: They lined them up on the couch and made my parents guess when they came in which one was for each girl. (ok, and I made the dolls look like they were holding hands...:rolleyes1) I do really like brushing their hair too!:ssst:

They are all sleeping with their dolls tucked in beside them. DD8 said she doesn't care if she hits her head on it in the night, it will be worth it!

Our dinner was so nice today, we had less family over than usual. Just my parents and FIL. Less stress, and wow that made such a difference. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day...and is relaxing now. :hug:

Jen

Sounds like your girls LOVED their AG Dolls!!! :banana:
My girls opened theirs last too, and the squeals of happiness were so amazing, I actually got choked up (it usually takes an Act of Disney to get me there).

They played with them all day....some pics...

8ce04e582f1225224b2c66953bb6d9ae.jpg

80eb196d2ed739676c75080576e12d89.jpg

f373b12d1108a2b1e3cd8702f0575c90.jpg

All in all, it was a wonderful day. I got some Minnie Mouse fleece pj's from DH :cloud9:

Now, to clean up this house...get the decorations down, while the children ask me to put new toys together. :rolleyes:

I love all your pictures Candace! The girls look so happy with their new friends! Looks like you had a little snow on the ground for Christmas? Not here, no snow. :(

Don't even talk about cleaning up the house....ours is a day after Christmas disaster!!:faint:

Jen

I love all your pictures Candace! The girls look so happy with their new friends! Looks like you had a little snow on the ground for Christmas? Not here, no snow. :(

Don't even talk about cleaning up the house....ours is a day after Christmas disaster!!:faint:

Jen

We got a little dusting of snow, so just enough to make it a "white Christmas" :goodvibes

Tomorrow we are supposed to get 6-12 inches so I am glad I don't have to work!

I think my house will be a work in progress for a few days...but I did get the tree down. :sad:

We (as good Jews) went to the movies today, but no Chinese food :lmao:

It's funny you say that. For lunch yesterday we had brisket, potato salad, and pinto beans. Then when it was time for dinner, my DH asked me what I wanted. I said, "I want to go to the Chinese buffet in Denton". Christmas Eve, when my fil asked what we were doing for dinner, I said the same thing. I still haven't gotten my Chinese food.

Tomorrow is round three at the allergist, DS needs a scratch test, which he is not happy about :worried: Then DD has her bi-annual hair cut on Thursday and they both have dentist appt's on Friday. So far this is not the restful, do nothing winter break I had envisioned. Not to mention finding all the gluten free foods that the kids will eat (we put DD on gluten free as well since it is just easier and probably cant hurt her ADHD).

I hope all goes well with the DS. I wouldn't want to do that either. My fil used to go to the allergist every other week to get shots for his allergies. They actually found his blood clots b/c he went to the ER due to his tongue swelling so much it almost closed off his airway. Luckily, since he stopped eating cinnamon, it hasn't happened again.

I have been all over the WDW website as well as others changing up our dining reservations and in touch with special diets trying to figure it all out. All I can say is that I will be siting on my CR balcony looking at Cinderella's Castle in 44 days :lovestruc

Love and happiness to all of you :grouphug:

Melissa

I can't wait to be sitting there myself. I just wish the DH would make up his mind about when we are going. I hate holding on to ADRs at 'Ohana, BOG, CRT, Chef Mickey's, and Le Cellier if we aren't going to use them in June. It's not about the heat in June that is bothering him, it's the crowds. He thinks the MK will be even worse this next June, than last, b/c of the new FantastyLand.

Since you asked about the dolls...the girls loved them!! The last present was to DD4...it was an American Girl book called "What to play with your American Girl Doll" (or something to that effect..:lmao:) I felt so bad for them for about a minute when they saw the book. Their little faces....asking themselves silently why would they get such a book....and they don't even have a doll!! How cruel!;)

But then I brought out the three wrapped boxes....and they were just so cute. Especially the older two, DD8 the most. I haven't seen their faces light up so much at something that is NOT a disney trip in forever!!:rotfl: They lined them up on the couch and made my parents guess when they came in which one was for each girl. (ok, and I made the dolls look like they were holding hands...:rolleyes1) I do really like brushing their hair too!:ssst:

They are all sleeping with their dolls tucked in beside them. DD8 said she doesn't care if she hits her head on it in the night, it will be worth it!

Our dinner was so nice today, we had less family over than usual. Just my parents and FIL. Less stress, and wow that made such a difference. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day...and is relaxing now. :hug:

Jen

I'm glad the girls loved the dolls.

We did have a great Christmas. It sounds like y'all did too.

Sounds like your girls LOVED their AG Dolls!!! :banana:
My girls opened theirs last too, and the squeals of happiness were so amazing, I actually got choked up (it usually takes an Act of Disney to get me there).

I'm glad they loved their dolls as well. I'm the same way with my boys when they are that excited about something.

Love the monkey PJs, especially since they are green.

Your girls are very pretty. I love the matching outfits!! My mom used to make matching outfits for us and our Barbies. My mom is the type that can go to a store, look at something, and go home and make her own pattern to it.

Now, to clean up this house...get the decorations down, while the children ask me to put new toys together. :rolleyes:

Nah you don't. Just do what Scarlett O'Hara would do and think about it later.

"I won’t think of it now. I’ll think of it later when I can stand it." - Scarlett O'Hara :lmao:

One year, I just kept putting off taking our tree down. It first became a "New Years Eve" tree, then a "Happy Brithday John Michael" tree, a "Happy Birthday Me" tree", a "Happy Martin Luther King Day" tree, a "Happy Madre Gras" tree, a "Happy Presidents Day" tree, a "Happy Valentine's Day" tree. Then just when it was going to be a "Happy St. Patrick's Day" tree, my mom jokingly said that if I didn't take that tree down, she was turning me in to CPS for child abuse for keeping it up so long.

We got a little dusting of snow, so just enough to make it a "white Christmas" :goodvibes

That basically what we got. I think it ending up being a couple of inches. It was enough that the DH couldn't leave for work until after 11 (I think).

Tomorrow we are supposed to get 6-12 inches so I am glad I don't have to work!

I would love to get that kind of snow again. I think that's about what we got Christmas 2 years ago.

We opened presents with the boys yesterday. I think they were more excited about the new tv we bought them than the new iPods.

Either tomorrow or Friday, it'll depend on how long it takes this snow to melt, my sister wants me and my mom to drop my dad and the boys off at her house. Then the 3 of us girls are going to see Les Miserables. I can't wait!! I love that musical!! Plus I can't wait to go over to my sister's house. She got a new fur baby this weekend. His name is Clancy and is a 7 year old Irish Wolfhound.

Wookie: Ooooh Les Mis! I wish I could come too! It is my favorite too....but DH isn't too excited about seeing it in the theatre. :sad1:

Well DS’ scratch was completely negative, even to pollen, mold, etc, which we were surprised since he has such bad nasal allergies. The allergist said it is probably his body’s response to the wheat. It is amazing that a blood and scratch test show nothing, but he had such a severe reaction to the patch test. I’ll try to post a picture just because it amazing to see.

Jen – I am so happy the girls loved their dolls! That is great that you gave DD the book first, so sneaky :idea: I am glad you had a nice Christmas with less family, sometimes that makes all the difference in the world, especially when you don’t like the family members :rolleyes1

Deena - did you actually try to go into the parks on Christmas Day???? I have heard it is CRAZY and even worse on New Year’s Eve :eek:

Candace – I loved your “view” of Cinderella’s Castle :laughing: Did you get the house cleaned up? Looks like you will be staying put for the next day or so with Euclid blasting you!

Wookie –did you get your Chinese food yet? We had it Friday night so I really wasn’t craving it yesterday, but now that I think about it, I could really go for some wonton soup ;) Don’t feel bad about holding onto the ADR’s, I do it to when I am unsure. Rest assured that we are not the only ones either. I hope you get your planned figured out so you can keep planning. We don’t go in June, so I cant comment on the crowds, sorry :sad2:

Hope everyone enjoys their evening :grouphug:

Melissa

Wookie: Ooooh Les Mis! I wish I could come too! It is my favorite too....but DH isn't too excited about seeing it in the theatre. :sad1:

It and Phantom are my two favorites. The cool thing is that I recently found out that a high school friend works on Broadway in Phantom. I'm not sure what he does, but it so cool!!

Well DS’ scratch was completely negative, even to pollen, mold, etc, which we were surprised since he has such bad nasal allergies. The allergist said it is probably his body’s response to the wheat. It is amazing that a blood and scratch test show nothing, but he had such a severe reaction to the patch test. I’ll try to post a picture just because it amazing to see.

I hope that is one of those things that it looks worse than it hurt.

Wookie –did you get your Chinese food yet? We had it Friday night so I really wasn’t craving it yesterday, but now that I think about it, I could really go for some wonton soup ;) Don’t feel bad about holding onto the ADR’s, I do it to when I am unsure. Rest assured that we are not the only ones either. I hope you get your planned figured out so you can keep planning. We don’t go in June, so I cant comment on the crowds, sorry :sad2:

Hope everyone enjoys their evening :grouphug:

Melissa

No I haven't gotten any yet. :sad1: The closest Chinese buffet is about 22 miles away. We have a small family run Chinese place in town, but my mil suggests to not eat there. The mother of her oldest grandson's son worked there for a time, and the mil thinks if she could work there, the health standards are way too low for a place we would want to eat at.

True, plus it's not like we have several ADRs for about the same time.

Melissa: :eek: to that picture!

Wookie: Yes I love Phantom too, both were high school field trips to see them. But Les Mis is my absolute fav.:goodvibes

I just wanted to let you all know that I do have pics to post here...but for the longest while I cannot get onto Photobucket! I click onto the home page and then POOF it disappears! Not sure what the heck is going on. Mad. :headache:

Jen, saw this and thought of you. I know you don't have the visa but it should give you an idea of the spring discounts.

Disneys Visa cardholders can save up to 30% on Walt Disney World Resort hotel stays, most nights 2/18/13  3/23/13 and 4/2/13-6/14/13. Book by 3/7/13 for February and March stays; book by 3/31/13 for April, May and June stays.

To reserve a room with the Disneys Visa discount, call the Disney Reservations Center at (407) W-DISNEY or contact a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel, and request code V92.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Jen, saw this and thought of you. I know you don't have the visa but it should give you an idea of the spring discounts.

Disneys Visa cardholders can save up to 30% on Walt Disney World Resort hotel stays, most nights 2/18/13 3/23/13 and 4/2/13-6/14/13. Book by 3/7/13 for February and March stays; book by 3/31/13 for April, May and June stays.

To reserve a room with the Disneys Visa discount, call the Disney Reservations Center at (407) W-DISNEY or contact a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel, and request code V92.

I saw:worried:...but I am freaking out right now!!! I am thinking all of the discounts will be gone for the Beach Club before we get to Jan 3 when this opens to the public. I will cry....:sad:

The Beach Club is one of the deluxes with a half decent discount.

Melissa: :eek: to that picture!

Wookie: Yes I love Phantom too, both were high school field trips to see them. But Les Mis is my absolute fav.:goodvibes

I just wanted to let you all know that I do have pics to post here...but for the longest while I cannot get onto Photobucket! I click onto the home page and then POOF it disappears! Not sure what the heck is going on. Mad. :headache:

I'm partial to Phantom b/c my senior year that was the show we did for marching band. We even made the Phantom disappear at the end of the show. It was awesome!!

Disneys Visa cardholders can save up to 30% on Walt Disney World Resort hotel stays, most nights 2/18/13  3/23/13 and 4/2/13-6/14/13. Book by 3/7/13 for February and March stays; book by 3/31/13 for April, May and June stays.

Thanks for sharing. :hug:

I saw:worried:...but I am freaking out right now!!! I am thinking all of the discounts will be gone for the Beach Club before we get to Jan 3 when this opens to the public. I will cry....:sad:

The Beach Club is one of the deluxes with a half decent discount.

I bet they will be for the TPV CR rooms as well. If they are, I guess I'll take that as a sign that we should really move the trip to January 2014.

Middle of page 2!!!! :scared1:

Feeling the itchy, resort changing trigger finger twitch....lots of familial pressure going on.......what to do, what to do.....I think I may give in.....::yes::

Middle of page 2!!!! :scared1:

Feeling the itchy, resort changing trigger finger twitch....lots of familial pressure going on.......what to do, what to do.....I think I may give in.....::yes::

Page 2??? Yikes! :rotfl:

A possible change in the air? Will stay tuned.

Candace – oh no are you feeling the Lodge itch again :confused:

Wookie – unfortunately that reaction was as painful and itchy as it looks :(

Jen and Wookie - Don’t worry about the discounts being gone, no one can get through to book them :headache: I am trying to, and no luck. I know last time they didn’t sell on the Visa holders alone, so just be ready to call on the 3rd.

Hi Ginny :wave2:

So DD is saying WDW for her bday again, and because of everything going on (or lack there of) with DH’s job we are iffy but said we would book it if she agreed to a mod, she also agreed to no CRT as DS really doesn’t like it (not to mention the price is just ridiculous and we have done it so many times). She asked for a royal room at POR and an appt at BBB :thumbsup2 So I think using that kind of budget we will be good and probably what we would spend on a party here. When DH and I looked at the calendar we realized her bday weeeked is a really bad weekend, the kids are in the middle of state standardized testing and it is his busiest week of the month, so she also had to agree to celebrate the following week. Lots of comprises for a little girl, but she seems okay with it all and since I really don’t like a lot of the girls in her class I would rather another Dis trip too. Plus maybe if everything works out and DH gets a bonus, I can convince him to upgrade :rolleyes1 but CR is ridiculous for that time frame so it would most likely be YC or maybe even AK.

Happy Friday everyone, last one of 2012 :eek:

Melissa

Ok was originally going with my fave Poly then BF said lets try somewhere you've never been so was gonna do split POR/AKL

Of course I then switched to POR 3 nights. bC 5 nights
Then PoR 2 nights and BC 6 nights,

I kept checking Poly for split with POR but no Standard rooms were available but today there are !

I have stayed BW with kids and they got to use BC pool and I've stayed at dolphin lovE Epcot area but didn't get that wow when I walked into BC lobby.

I swore I wouldn't change again we are surprising kids at midnight NY eve so I gott make a decision and stick with it.

Ok was originally going with my fave Poly then BF said lets try somewhere you've never been so was gonna do split POR/AKL

I kept checking Poly for split with POR but no Standard rooms were available but today there are !

I have stayed BW with kids and they got to use BC pool and I've stayed at dolphin lovE Epcot area but didn't get that wow when I walked into BC lobby.

I swore I wouldn't change again we are surprising kids at midnight NY eve so I gott make a decision and stick with it.

If you don't feel that "wow" with BC, don't do it. Our worst trip so far was to WL, when DH said to me as we were pulling up, oh now I remember that I don't like it here :headache: He complained and had the kids complaining the whole weekend. So my advice is grab a Poly/PoR split if you can!!!

Melissa

Candace – oh no are you feeling the Lodge itch again :confused:

Jen and Wookie - Don’t worry about the discounts being gone, no one can get through to book them :headache: I am trying to, and no luck. I know last time they didn’t sell on the Visa holders alone, so just be ready to call on the 3rd.

Hi Ginny :wave2:

So DD is saying WDW for her bday again, and because of everything going on (or lack there of) with DH’s job we are iffy but said we would book it if she agreed to a mod, she also agreed to no CRT as DS really doesn’t like it (not to mention the price is just ridiculous and we have done it so many times). She asked for a royal room at POR and an appt at BBB :thumbsup2 So I think using that kind of budget we will be good and probably what we would spend on a party here. When DH and I looked at the calendar we realized her bday weeeked is a really bad weekend, the kids are in the middle of state standardized testing and it is his busiest week of the month, so she also had to agree to celebrate the following week. Lots of comprises for a little girl, but she seems okay with it all and since I really don’t like a lot of the girls in her class I would rather another Dis trip too. Plus maybe if everything works out and DH gets a bonus, I can convince him to upgrade :rolleyes1 but CR is ridiculous for that time frame so it would most likely be YC or maybe even AK.

Melissa

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
They all want WL CL, and don't see any reason to try somewhere new. I get it, we had an absolutely magical time there but I was hoping to try somewhere new. However, why go against 3/4 of my family for a new experience and risk being disappointed??? :confused3

As beautiful as the Epcot resorts are, I have expressed before that I don't really feel the Magic there...I know that seems silly but I just don't get that feeling there, but I do think they are very convenient and beautiful. :goodvibes

I think you should snatch that POLY ressie up...you know you love it, and will be happy...I'm going through the same thing right now...

If you don't feel that "wow" with BC, don't do it. Our worst trip so far was to WL, when DH said to me as we were pulling up, oh now I remember that I don't like it here :headache: He complained and had the kids complaining the whole weekend. So my advice is grab a Poly/PoR split if you can!!!

Melissa

Agree, agree, agree! :thumbsup2

Candace - you keep going back to WL CL, I think it is probably what is meant to be, especially if everyone else wants it. I know you want to try something new, but with the amount of nights you are going why take the chance of not being as happy. For us it is different because it is just two nights at time, but if it was going to be 10 nights, I would want to know everyone was going to be happy. When are you leaving? We moved our Apr trip to the following weekend and I think that is when are you leaving?

Well I finally got through and booked Apr 26-28 at POR in a RR. Definitely the way to go for that trip, the 2 nts at POR is costing me less than what one night would cost at CR in a GW room. Maybe things will change with the AP discounts, but for now I feel good with what I have booked. I know we will be spoiled with CR TPV and not want POR, but oh well, money doesn't grow on trees :laughing: Now to book a BBB appt for her, just so she can tell me tomorrow she doesn't want WDW. Just think if I had just left my YC res I would have been PIF for POR and still be getting a $100 refund :lmao: Oh well she is a RC and all around mind changer at heart ::yes::

Candace - you keep going back to WL CL, I think it is probably what is meant to be, especially if everyone else wants it. I know you want to try something new, but with the amount of nights you are going why take the chance of not being as happy. For us it is different because it is just two nights at time, but if it was going to be 10 nights, I would want to know everyone was going to be happy. When are you leaving? We moved our Apr trip to the following weekend and I think that is when are you leaving?

Well I finally got through and booked Apr 26-28 at POR in a RR. Definitely the way to go for that trip, the 2 nts at POR is costing me less than what one night would cost at CR in a GW room. Maybe things will change with the AP discounts, but for now I feel good with what I have booked. I know we will be spoiled with CR TPV and not want POR, but oh well, money doesn't grow on trees :laughing: Now to book a BBB appt for her, just so she can tell me tomorrow she doesn't want WDW. Just think if I had just left my YC res I would have been PIF for POR and still be getting a $100 refund :lmao: Oh well she is a RC and all around mind changer at heart ::yes::

I changed!!!!! :cool1:

With all the issues the CRO line was having, I said, I am going to call and I get through and there is availability, I am going to switch....lo and behold...got right through and change was made in about 5 minutes. :dance3:

The girls are psyched, and DH will be when I tell him (he's at work), he's the one who emailed me and said that if HE was planning the trip, we'd be "WL 7th floor"....:rolleyes:

POR sounds great for a birthday weekend! We will be there the 18th through late on the 28th! We can certainly meet up!!

I'm sorry. I hope they don't have to do it again. I've been meaning to ask (and I can't remember exactly the symptoms you said he was having), but have you had an Ear-Nose-Throat specialist look at his sinus passages? The only reason I am asking is b/c when I was pregnant with our first son I kept being sick with allergies and sinus infections. I went to an ENT and he said mine were at least half of what they should be. He wanted to do surgery while I was pregnant, but my OBGYN wouldn't sign off on it. For me, it's very rare for me to not have one side of my nose stopped up.

Melissa

Fingers crossed for a massive raise!! If you did get to upgrade to a deluxe, would you keep it a secret or tell her?

Has anyone tried to use the My Disney Experience app? I tried adding our trip to it, and it says that what I enter is not valid. Then it got stuck on the screen where you enter that info and I had to delete it and re-install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter