And these are the {Resort} Changes of our Lives ~In Memory of JungleCruiser <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RC friends,
What a day. A few hours ago DS called, the college he works at was on lockdown. He was locked in his work area, with other employees and students. I was just trying to sound calm, and listen, but it was so scary.
He just called back and said they lifted the lockdown, closed the campus for the rest of the day. Both ABC and NBC are reporting there was a fatality. In the meantime, he's off to to meet his wife for lunch. Good plan.
I am so relieved he's safe.

Ginny, how scary! I am relieved and happy for you that your DS is safe, but my, how sad for the families of the ones who did not make it.

Do not have time for a multi-quote (shutting down at work and going to see Breaking Dawn, Part 2 with DD and SIL), but hope to catch up later.

Kook, the RR suggestion for wookie had me laughing!!

MM ... go for it, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Pas, do hope Miss Kate is feeling better :hug: hmmm so no change to YC after our texts yesteday?? :goodvibes

Melissa, happy that your DD is taking a break (and giving you one :upsidedow) time for a glass of wine .... :goodvibes

Wookie, Melissa, and Marie ... we have certainly been thru ups and downs wiith our DS... talented and intelligent but not motivated at times, teenage years are rough, GG's post gives me comfort though ..:goodvibes

Wookie... love the Mark Twain comment, but maybe the "16" should be replaced with "24" ... :rotfl2:

Hi to all ... Sorry to those I've missed, I will try to catch up!! ... the movie awaits!!! :banana:

Sarah here's a little change for you: Janet and I are now booked at POP, POR and I just added WL for the RC trip Jan 9th-13th!!!! Where will we end up???? :rotfl2:

Sarah here's a little change for you: Janet and I are now booked at POP, POR and I just added WL for the RC trip Jan 9th-13th!!!! Where will we end up???? :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Just following the example set by our RC peeps (and our RC Queen) :laughing: Who knows where we will check in to?? :goodvibes

Being left home is the pits :(

(my money, and we know how much that means, is on WL because that is really where you want to be. ::yes::)

Being left home is the pits :(

(my money, and we know how much that means, is on WL because that is really where you want to be. ::yes::)

The more I think about WL the more I like the idea!!! Can't believe the GP discount was only 25% but the AP discount is 37% ... crazy number right? And you know we want you on the RC trip .... so if something changes just let us know!!!! :thumbsup2

Now we just need to get the Grannie trip figured out and I'll be set. Well as set as an RCer can be!!! :rotfl2:

The more I think about WL the more I like the idea!!! Can't believe the GP discount was only 25% but the AP discount is 37% ... crazy number right? And you know we want you on the RC trip .... so if something changes just let us know!!!! :thumbsup2

Now we just need to get the Grannie trip figured out and I'll be set. Well as set as an RCer can be!!! :rotfl2:

Did you book a std view? I mean, would I have to hear the trucks beeping???:rotfl: (I need 20 days so special needs can take care of things...but it doesn't look good at all)

Did you book a std view? I mean, would I have to hear the trucks beeping???:rotfl: (I need 20 days so special needs can take care of things...but it doesn't look good at all)

No standard view for us .... I booked a woods view!!! Since I've only stayed DVC there do you have any suggestions on what to request??? Of course if you come that's one thing off my plate .... I'd just leave it up to you!!! :thumbsup2

No standard view for us .... I booked a woods view!!! Since I've only stayed DVC there do you have any suggestions on what to request??? Of course if you come that's one thing off my plate .... I'd just leave it up to you!!! :thumbsup2

5th floor, castle view! :thumbsup2 I've only stayed DVC too, but I am always prepared on case I stay in the Lodge. ;)

(Grannie trip - I am hoping MFT will have next year's dates out soon)

Hi everyone! My I have missed a lot today! Lots going on here...:chat:!

Just got home from the Nutcracker with the DD's and my Mama, it was so nice, I love the Nutcracker! Had to drive through our first snowstorm to get there though...not fun. :sad2:

DH really wants the Beach Club now....I am loving the challenge of getting us there. I can do it! :thumbsup2.

Oh and our AG dolls arrived today! I love them....I think I want one for myself! I opened the boxes and smoothed out their hair, said hello to them, and put them back away. Is it weird I felt sorry for them with the tie around their necks that hold them into the box? Like I really really wanted to take them off because they didn't like it. I need help ladies! Don't tell anyone! :scratchin But meeting those dolls made me really happy!:cloud9:

I use to know the room number that has a view of the castle through the trees, but I think I'm finally catching what every one else has had around here and I can't remember. I know it was near the otter pond though. I'm sure the folks on the WL info thread could tell you.

I use to know the room number that has a view of the castle through the trees, but I think I'm finally catching what every one else has had around here and I can't remember. I know it was near the otter pond though. I'm sure the folks on the WL info thread could tell you.

kook! kook! where are you???? I'll have to stop by her WL thread. :thumbsup2

Just got home from the Nutcracker with the DD's and my Mama, it was so nice, I love the Nutcracker! Had to drive through our first snowstorm to get there though...not fun. :sad2:

DH really wants the Beach Club now....I am loving the challenge of getting us there. I can do it! :thumbsup2.

Oh and our AG dolls arrived today! I love them....I think I want one for myself! I opened the boxes and smoothed out their hair, said hello to them, and put them back away. Is it weird I felt sorry for them with the tie around their necks that hold them into the box? Like I really really wanted to take them off because they didn't like it. I need help ladies! Don't tell anyone! :scratchin But meeting those dolls made me really happy!:cloud9:

Sounds like you all had a lovely time at the Nutcracker. :goodvibes
That was so cute about the dolls. It won't be long till they leave their boxes and meet their new friends!

Janet and GG,
It's lots of fun following your WDW plans.
Your trip will be here before you know it. I can't believe it's Dec 1st.

Any view with castle in it must be to die for!!! :cloud9:

It is very distant and betwen the trees. Woods view is pretty much a view of trees! Although, you could request a lake view and see where they put you - can't hurt!:thumbsup2

We could not hear trucks beeping from our WL room.

The castle view is to die for.

And, it's not as distant as you think. It's a lot closer than it even looks in this picture. :love:

2012-07-21093306.jpg

We got ours a couple of days ago too...I admit to taking them out and saying hi. :goodvibes

kook! kook! where are you???? I'll have to stop by her WL thread. :thumbsup2

Not to worry! I have that room number!

Good Morning!

I am hopelessly behind, but promise to catch up later today! I so enjoy reading all the news and daily adventures of our RC family. :love:

A question: You are all so remarkably creative that I am sure you;ll have an EASY suggestion how to make a countdown calendar for Sophia's first visit! It will be from Christmas Eve to January 28th. princess: My original plan was to order a WDW 2013 calendar so she would have that the rest of the years and memories, but buying one on line is $25!! In the park it would be $14.95 - guess Disney wants us to actually buy one in a park!

So, Plan B is something with a Disney theme - the castle or Cindy or M&M - you know, for a very girlie 4 yr old. I am not at all crafty - that gene went to another family, so something simple, please? Thank you so much!!

They will have 2 ngts in a LM room(Sophia's dream room even though I have shown her every resort - of course, this will be a surprise), and one day at the MK, including CRT breakfast. I am so excited for them and wish I could be there to experience Sophia's first visit, but I will be home with our Rosie...and it really is something special for mama and daddy to share with her.

Sorry for the book!!
Have a great Saturday!! :grouphug:

We could not hear trucks beeping from our WL room.

The castle view is to die for.

And, it's not as distant as you think. It's a lot closer than it even looks in this picture. :love:

2012-07-21093306.jpg

Ahh...you must have been posting while I was typing! That is a great CL view!! ::yes:: Not quite as good through the trees from a regular 5th floor room - but still the castle and a bit of CR. :) I have the photos saved with room numbers. :thumbsup2

There are also some woods view rooms 4th floor and above over the lobby...always wanted a room near the looby - if a nice view. ;)

Thank you!! :hug:

pas - I think you should sit tight with GF while you ponder. I have noticed that YC is always seems to be the last to sell out especially CL.

The only choices I have to save any real money are POR, AOA and the cabins. I am not feeling any of those choices.

Hmmmmm...
That's what I am doing...but the winds of change...they are blowing today....my family keeps asking for the snack room...the current debate is YC vs. BC :rotfl:

Although I love the pics of POR and AoA, I understanding "not feeling it" esp. when they're up against GF, Poly, YC :scared1:

I think we can agree then, that one of the ingredients to the perfect WDW is SAB.

I'm beginning to think Mark Twain was right about teenagers. He supposedly advised parents that "when a child turns 13, his parents should put him in a barrel, close the lid, and feed him through a hole in the side. Then, when he turns 16, plug up the hole."
Where do I get said barrel......

I got DS' report card...Honor Roll...how do I teach the value of HW when he can pull himself out of it and ace the classes :rolleyes1

PAS -- I say YC CL. I think location is great and your girls love CL as much as I do! I can't imagine not having CL (unless as I stated above I had Deluxe Dining to offset it) ..... but still, I will be pining away without it, I am sooooo a CL gal!
Hope your work goes smoothly over the next few days and you get a much needed break soon!! You are wonder woman, I swear!
We liked YC CL, the kiddos will love it. From looking at maps...although the Standard view is....yuck! the rooms seem to be close to the lounge...no getting lost at the end of the hall (not that I'd complain about being upgraded to a 2 BR suite again Marie...)

To All The RC Mamas

My heart goes out to all of you .... raising children is the hardest job but also the best and most rewarding. Both DS and DD drove me crazy in their own special ways! DS was a real challenge in high school. As an example on the night before graduation we all sat by the phone waiting for a call from his English teacher ... my wonderful son needed at least a 95% on his advanced placement English class to pass it and he had to pass it to have enough credits to graduate! Lucky for him it was an oral presentation and he got a grade of 100%. This kid could talk his way through and out of anything!!! He walked off the stage at graduation and up to us and told us now he would get serious about life ... he just wanted to have fun in high school! Bad grades = 2 years at community college, transfer to Cal and then law school at George Washington ... see I told you he could talk!!!

My point in that story is that there is an end in sight and it's all worth it .... if of course you don't explode first!!! Chin up and carry on all you wonderful RC moms!!!
:hug: Love my Mama!!!

I just got back from spending $66 in Target's dollar section. :scared: Well, slightly under $63 with my Red Card discount -- that matters, right? I need one of those collars like they put on dogs whose yards have the Invisible Fence. It needs to zap me every time I get near that overly-enticing part of the store. On second thought, my willpower is so weak and determination to get tchotchkes so strong ... they could set it on stun and it might not stop me. :scratchin

:upsidedow

Jeanette: Yay, glad the conferences went well! :goodvibes Ah, boo to crazy work schedules... you are a saint.
Hardly a saint, but thanks :hug: The teacher suggested a speech therapy eval for Kate, and I am glad she is on top of it!!! I wouldn't have picked up on that, from her spelling and such!! Otherwise, she is a model student..My girls are nuts at home, but they're rockin' elementary school :lovestruc

OMG. Just spent 20 agonizing minutes chatting with someone from Orbitz to get my Disney confirmation number. Finally she stops throwing random weird numbers at me and gets me a nice 12 digit number beginning with a 4. This is it! My Disney number! Finally. :worship: So what do I do? I say thank you, and then close the chat window before writing down the number.
Any ch-ch-changes :rotfl:

Hi RC friends,
What a day. A few hours ago DS called, the college he works at was on lockdown. He was locked in his work area, with other employees and students. I was just trying to sound calm, and listen, but it was so scary.
He just called back and said they lifted the lockdown, closed the campus for the rest of the day. Both ABC and NBC are reporting there was a fatality. In the meantime, he's off to to meet his wife for lunch. Good plan.
I am so relieved he's safe.
:hug: Oh my Ginny! What is going on...first Melissa's DS , now yours!!!!!!!!!!!

When has that voice of reason ever stopped you in the past? Ignore it and stick with GF - that voice doesn't know what it's talking about right now - it's probably tired.
;) If I keep myself busy enough...I won't have time to change....but today is a SAB day for sure (subject to change of course)

Jeanette - sounds like you are on the mommy crazy train too, HUGS!! You know I'll be stopping in over the weekend to see where you are landing ;)
:hug: Are you there yet Melissa?????:love:

Pas, do hope Miss Kate is feeling better :hug: hmmm so no change to YC after our texts yesteday?? :goodvibes
I have 3 quotes printed out in front of me as we speak....but no changes as of now BFF :hug:

Sarah here's a little change for you: Janet and I are now booked at POP, POR and I just added WL for the RC trip Jan 9th-13th!!!! Where will we end up????
WL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl2: Just following the example set by our RC peeps (and our RC Queen) Who knows where we will check in to??

Again, WL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

Being left home is the pits : really where you want to be.
I'm here with ya :hug:

Any view with castle in it must be to die for!!!
DSCI0493.jpg
That's SM over there...and of course an awesome Wishes view!!!

I need help ladies! Don't tell anyone! But meeting those dolls made me really happy!
You're secret is safe Jen!!!

Your trip will be here before you know it. I can't believe it's Dec 1st.
Me either!!!:santa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter