And these are the {Resort} Changes of our Lives ~In Memory of JungleCruiser <3

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

Maybe one day, he could march in a DCI band? I love marching bands!!

Well, the trip came up again tonight. My fil joked about sending me, because my mil kept insisting she couldn't go. The mil thinks the fil and my DH should go, but he's the kicker (and how I'm explaining how the NEED me to go). They are driving, the fil isn't supposed to fly due to blood clots and they would both most likely have to buy two seats anyway. Well the fil is still in a lot of pain with his back, despite having two back surgeries this past summer. When they went to the lake house this last weekend, the about 3 hour drive "almost killed him" according to the mil. I told the mil, "see y'all need me to go to the Orlando training(now they're calling it the Orlando training and not FL training). Dad can't help and David can't drive the whole way. I need to go and help with the driving." When she brought up school, I said that I could take an online class and not miss any school. The only problem is, that I would have to drop the programming class I am signed up for in place of one I can do online. I have until the first week of March to drop the class, so I'll wait and see what happens.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

i_heart - nope, we don't leave until Wednesday the 6th, and now those dates are set in stone as I have emailed the kiddo's teachers and let them know. The only change that could happen now is if a 1BR miraculously opens up at BLT :rolleyes2

Janet - it was so wonderful to meet you and Sam yesterday :goodvibes I am so glad you asked where I was and we turned out so close to each other. It is amazing that there is more to life and to talk about than just Disney :confused3 I am glad you made it home safe and sound :hug:

Wookie - sounds like you had a very scary experience with Joey's birth :eek: I cant even imagine DH not being there :( As for Pop and AoA, I havent stayed at either, sorry. We have stayed at all the All-Stars, but Pop was never available with an AP or FL disc when we were doing values. But I am sure you will get some answers from the others and be able to avoid the shark tank :rotfl2:

Oh boy I started this over 3.5 hours ago then DH called that he was on his way home not feeling good, still had homework to do with the kiddos, then dinner, clean up, etc. But the evening has wound down and I can finally finish this ::yes::

padawans - sorry you didn't like the kennel, that definitely makes thing harder. I am sure you will figure it out.

Linda - OH MY almost forgetting to book the BB :faint: You would definitely be homeless if you forget :rotfl: Cant wait to hear how the rest of your trip has gone.

Wookie - Woohoo! Sounds like a WDW trip may be in your near future after all :hyper:

Hope everyone is having a great night!
    Melissa

4. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Janet and Melissa: What a lovely picture of you both and yay for a spur of the moment RC meet up! One day we will all get together I hope! ::yes::

5. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Alright. I mean it. YC CL and it's gonna be amazing!!!!!

I admit, I called again today about the Poly. I realized that at this point it is about just wanting something I can't have. (I'm always like that).

Plus, DH told me today that I need to stop and we will stay at the Poly in August 2014.....to which I said "but, were going to Atlantis next year" and he said "I'm worried what will happen to you if you miss Disney and that mine train next year" (he was joking, but almost half serious...:rotfl:)

So, our plan is to do both!!! Atlantis in Feb 2014 and Disney (Poly) in August 2014!!!! Next year is looking pretty darn good!!! :hyper:

6. padawans

padawans DIS Veteran

The kennel will work out great for shorter trips. It's nice, but it's just very concrete and sterile looking. The kennel I left my dog at in California had a more homey feel with out door runs and trees. I guess I was expecting to find something like that. The one at WDW looks very nice. It's really not that big a deal to take him. It's just one more carry on.

7. padawans

padawans DIS Veteran

Congrats on the two vacations next year. I hope you get to keep your discount. I am kind of disappointed I did not stick with Poly. I won't stay there without at least 35% off. It's really hard for me to justify Club level without a 40% discount. I wish I could be like most people and just say "ok I love club level, and I can afford it so I'll book it". I always look at "worth" and not the cost. I can't in my mind justify paying more than 100.00 a night for club level.

8. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

A discount would be sweet!!! But I'm not counting on it. We won't do CL....just a simple GV...and we have a back up plan. AKL pool view, or POR royal rooms. It should be value season for the deluxes though, so hopefully we can find some savings somewhere. :goodvibes

I love CL too, but not full price love!!! :rotfl2:

9. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

Love it! :banana:

I feel like I'm in the minority here, but we LOVE CBR and the kiddie play area ROCKS! :thumbsup2 AoA also has an awesome pool area.

You can always send her to your good friend and awesome Disney Vacation planner. ;)

10. padawans

padawans DIS Veteran

I am getting excited to do some different stuff in 2014. These vacations are soooo expensive even with 40% off. If I had to buy airline tickets I might think otherwise. I know for most people airline tickets are a big expense, and Orlando is relatively cheap place to fly to.

11. padawans

padawans DIS Veteran

Melissa I will be consulting you for cruise information. Cruising is a big part of our vacation plan in 2014. We get great deals on cruises, and I need a cruise consultant. I was happy to see you have been on the Oasis and Allure. I am sure I will have tons of questions about those ships next year.

12. Debrn

Debrn Mouseketeer

Yes I did.
    Now staying 1st night (late arrival) at POP
    and 7nights YC CL..

My boyfriend shaking his head...me I swear I've never changed my resorts in the past :rotfl2:

13. disneydreamin247

There is an AWESOME TR on either Oasis or Allure I forget which one. It compares Disney and RCCL. I'm gonna jump in the shower but when I get out I will link you to it.

14. disneydreamin247

Here's the TR. It's so awesome. It's what really sold me on RCCL!

15. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Not having to buy airfare would be wonderful! We scored really good fare for April ($950 for the four of us) but we usually are up around $1200 to Orlando....it would be awesome to take that expense off of our Disney trips, but the only way to do that is a 24 hour drive....:scared1:

16. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

17. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

Driving ... that's how we go. Did you know that it is exactly 23 hours from Western CT to Orlando on a coach bus :)

18. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Ugh, taking DD8 back to Dr. I think her strep is back again. I am going to get them all swabbed again for it, as well as myself. Has anyone heard of it coming back again?? Worried.

Jen

19. i_heart_the_mouse

i_heart_the_mouse DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, yes. Strep is one that can be recurrent. My DS9 got it several times in a row one year. :sick: I hope that she gets better very quickly. Smart to have everyone else checked. :thumbsup2 I'm sorry you guys are going through this. :hug:

20. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Thanks Iheartthemouse :hug: did your DS have to keep getting different antibiotics? DD is allergic to Penicillin so they had given her Biaxin the first time. We all had penicillin though. I didn't take all of mine though, as I had a reaction. My face was numb, tingling and itchy after about 3 days on the medicine. I don't know. The two older ones don't have their tonsils anymore, but still have a lot of throat problems. :confused:

I am just a worrier though. I always think there is something more serious going on.

21. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

We didn't have this issue with strep, but with ear infections, and yes, they just kept switching antibiotics, until finally they just put tubes in (on both girls). I'm sorry she is not feeling well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.