Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Nov 10, 2012.
Oh that is bad news....are you all rescheduling?
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
I don't know, but if we could figure it out, we would be the wealthiest women on the planet.
I have the same issue. I just need to go somewhere and be fitted for one. I just hate spending that much money on one though.
I agree!! I would almost have both my DSs sick than the DH.
Thank you, you too!!
I love Winter, but I may feel different about it if I had the type y'all probably have.
We'll be in the 70's for the next several days and then it'll drop back to the 50's here. Which is much better than the 100+ degree days of the summer.
Hopefully, it won't have to be postponed too much.
Dates????? I like this change.
I just saw that...all it takes is one person to ruin a good thing...
I love our thread and the vibe. I've been part of it for 2+ years now, and you guys are family. I'd be so sad if it got torn apart because one person complained...then again...us RC'ers are a unique brand and those who seek us out, just get it.
Oh no!!! New dates???
No new dates yet. I'm thinking a October. I've always wanted to do F&W.
They don't have the pop jets anymore..but the girlsa loved the splash pool by the hippy dippy pool
New dates are Aug 23-31st, if we drive we will stop at Myrtle Beach beforehand to see my dad. And a leisurely drive home
Yes the BC thread is nuts today...a shame the mod stepped in, Dee is a sweetie! Happened on the GF thread a few months back... Since we are not a FAQ thread we are hopefully safe...it's about changing, and we definitely do that here!!!
Bad news BUT you CAN STILL SWITCH!!!! DATES!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's going to feel like a heat wave after the single digit weather
Thought you would my friend!! Aug 23-31, and hope to get home for Labor Day fireworks/parade in my town
Great weather, great prices, great food! Don't forget Halloween Party
oh I did forget about
Thanks to our friend Padawans, I realized I don't have to be too quick to book my FEB 2014 trip to DL, in fact, just for fun, I searched the week of FEB 4-9 THIS Yr. And I could still find availability at DLH , so I think if I book by August, I should be more than good. I have decided that it IS important to be close and onsite for our DL time. I am thinking a non-club room at DLH (if I am finding money tight) would suffice. Three nights at DLH, and a three day park hopper should be good for us to see all we want to and go back for some favorites. I am leaning towards the EMBASSY Suites south for our non-Disney days ( arrival night, and our knotts berry farm and Universal Day)..... I might even look into ONE night at PPH for our arrival night, then we could easily transfer to DLH the next morning. Hopefully I'll be able to keep this under 5K , that's my goal, anyway
Ok, I just checked for availability at the BC for the dates that I'm already there. We're checking in 8/31 and staying through 9/7. The first three days are labor day weekend, and it appears that the BC is booked solid.
Of course, now I'm panicky. So what do I do? Go check out availability everywhere else. Looks like the Poly is wide open. A club room there is about $600 per week more than what I'm paying for BC CL.
I'm not telling my husband yet, he already thinks I'm crazy. I really like being so close to Epcot and DHS at the BC. The Poly room would be larger and I'd still have easy access to MK and Epcot.
What would you do if you were me?
I have not yet booked our trip, but I was planning on the Pop as usual. Then decided we could swing a Moderate this year and spent hours looking into to CBR and was certain we'd book there. Then added the pirate rooms to our ideal reservation. Decided to wait out closer to 180 days so I don't add to the booked roster and damper free dining chances of being offered. Then stumbled upon CSR resort, have spent past several days reading every detail about the resort and decided to book there.
So I have changed 3 resorts without actually booking
So I have to ask, I made a good choice with CSR right?? LOL
IMHO, you made a good choice in NOT picking CBR!
My family did not like that resort at.all.
I'm glad I was helpful. My dh wants to do DL in September instead of WDW. He only has one week off, and since he will be commuting back and forth between Phoenix and LA every week he doesn't want to fly across the country for a one week trip. Of course he will do whatever I want, but my helping you plan your vacation is giving me some ideas for a great So Cal vacation. I like the idea of a split between DLH and Embassy suites. I haven't stayed at that Embassy suites, but the reviews are good. You never know a year from now the DL discounts might be back. You would think by next February everyone in California would have been to Carsland.
So if we go to Dl in September. What should I do with that nice BB rate I got? I wish I could regift it to one of you.
Well the mil was supposed to have gotten the DHs W2 back on Friday, so hopefully we can get our taxes done soon. The DH wants me to get him some prices. I never knew he wanted to go so bad, or maybe it is that he knows I want to go so bad, and he wants to be able to make me happy. He said that even if we have to stay offsite to make the trip possible, he is willing to do that. I am not willing to, but I will stay at the Pop Century if we have to.
Hmmm....the Poly is lovely BUT $600 is still a bit of a chunk of change. Are you panicky because you think it will be too crowded? Is your family planning on spending more time at MK than the other parks? If so, it may be worth it to change to the Poly.
I realize I am no help, we have stayed at the Polynesian twice and loved it. But we are also trying something new with the BC CL this May. New is good!!
Awww....what a sweet gesture. Offering to stay offsite to get you back to Disney... He is a keeper.
I think you made a great choice. As everyone on this thread knows I love this resort. I am a huge deluxe resort snob.I freely admit it, but I make an exception for CSR. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Marie: I like this plan. In fact I may use your template for when we are planning in 2014 for DL!!
Thanks!! We're almost settled!! I'm taking 10 days off in February to tie up all loose ends (and unpack those last boxes). Oh the cabins--too close to critters--makes my anxiety spike just thinking about it I'm still totally undecided!!
CSR CL is on my "strong possibilities" list!! Miss you and your girls!!!
That was on my mind too.... however I'm scared I'll be drinky drinky and see the clown pool. That's a meltdown in the making--the kind you want to catch on video
Barely any points for that weekend since it's President's Day I don't know what I'm waiting for---I just can't decide, lol.
It was great meeting you!! Hope all is well!!
I had an amazing time!!! We'll have to do it again!!!
So as I was searching for President's Day weekend options.... I came across a few good deals on points. Unfortunately they weren't for the weekend I needed.... they were expiring points THIS WEEK!!
So after checking availability, I booked Beach Club Villas (studio) for this Wednesday night and Thursday night!! I'm super excited for a mini stay!! It's supposed to be cold, but I will try to take a dip in SAB
So unexpected!!! Andddddd I still need a room for February, lol.
Love and miss you all!!
Dani--thoughts to you and your family
Yeah, I guess since I've had him this long (will be 18 yrs on July 1st), I'll just go ahead and keep him. Besides, he's almost trained.
Thanks for the offer. i am hoping my hubby will love it so we can do moderate in 2014 too. I am afraid we are much too pratical for deluxe, but i think the moderate at CSR will be worth the upgrade. Excited to book!
I was panicky because it may be crowded at the BC. I think we will likely spend more time at Epcot and DHS because my kids' favorite rides are at those two parks. I think we'll do a day or two at MK. We've never stayed at either. We loved both when we went and visited them last year.
Separate names with a comma.