And So It Begins

Discussion in 'Camping Community Board' started by Disney Campers, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Disney Campers

Disney Campers Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Its going to be an interesting week

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LONE-STAR

LONE-STAR <font color=green>1000 miles to far from Disney<br

Hope all goes well for all. The way its been going i figured it would come to Texas:confused3

4. seabee

seabee <marquee><font color=deeppink>Signmaker extraordin

Good luck to you all!

5. Gatordad

Gatordad <font color=blue>Hates WDW<br><marquee behavior=al

it's all good.

6. DaddyDon

DaddyDon <font color=blue>My oldest daughter said i was a h

Good ??? heck that path puts it right on top of us!!!!!:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: Well there is allott of time for it to go some where else.... Calling for 4-8 inches of rain if it takes the current projected path! Sure am glad i moved from my old house close to the river...flooded in 94 and 98.....

7. BRDof3

BRDof3 Humpty Dumpty had a lousy PPO

Hang in there! I've been through a few of those, always left me standing. (Some might say that is a shame, but what do they know??)

:laundy:

8. des1954

des1954 DIS Veteran

I am now a "hurricane veteran"! I survived...Charley, Frances, and Jeanne in 2004. All three eyes went directly over my house! We saw a lot of blue tarp roofs for about a year after that season! In 1992, Andrew exited the state just south of my "then home" in Bradenton. I had never experienced a hurricane before then, and Andrew had lost a lot of it's punch by the time it went thru our area - but at that time - I thought it was powerful. I had no idea until the '04 season just how devastating a hurricane can be! I know where Jen lives - they caught the full impact of Frances and Jeanne. My DH was on "Cat" duty for about 6 months in St. Lucie County after those storms. It was very sad to see all the elderly displaced from their homes with no resources to replace them.

With the economy as bad as it is now...I don't know how people would recover from such storms today. It's a sad thought, but the construction industry would be boosted tremendously by a rip-roaring hurricane. Ugh!!

9. Escape Artist

Escape Artist Planning another getaway

I know this is minor in the total scheme of things with hurricanes, but I don't want my last full day here to be solid rain. Waaaaaaaah! :sad2:

Sue (in FW! ;) )

10. Millermouseketeers

Millermouseketeers DIS Veteran

Good Luck to all in the path. Hopefully it will hold off for your trek back to Texas, Sue.

11. Escape Artist

Escape Artist Planning another getaway

Thanks. Apparently Eduardo saw us off, and Fay's going to keep us company half the way home. Sheesh!

Sue (in FW! ;) )

12. PolynesianPixie

PolynesianPixie <font color=blue>Creating my own fairy tale realit

Good luck everybody! If you need refuge in the mountains...let me know! :goodvibes

13. ntsammy5

ntsammy5 DIS Veteran

Fay Wray is turning over in her grave! So is Kong!

[​IMG]

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

14. ntsammy5

ntsammy5 DIS Veteran

ME, MEEEEE OOOOOH ME!

15. ntsammy5

ntsammy5 DIS Veteran

16. RNmomnFL

RNmomnFL Go USF Bulls!

Yikes! What a bummer about the timing...this is back to school week and I'm starting my new (second) job. Looks like I'll be at Walmart tonight after work stocking up on Hurricane supplies. We have shutters we could put up if it comes to that. Spent the '04 season dodging damage successfully so hoping for the same. Safe wishes for all of us living in FL and those visiting at the Fort.

17. PolynesianPixie

PolynesianPixie <font color=blue>Creating my own fairy tale realit

Yes. That clears it up so well.

18. Gatordad

Gatordad <font color=blue>Hates WDW<br><marquee behavior=al

how many hit Nebraska?

19. BRDof3

BRDof3 Humpty Dumpty had a lousy PPO

I was in Orange Park for 8 years, left in '87.

Now I get to worry about tornados. Not as big, but no warning.

20. des1954

des1954 DIS Veteran

Orange Park has changed a great deal since '87. You probably would not recognize anything in that area, now. Blanding Blvd is HUGE, and the last I knew - the OP Mall is old and decrepit. <kind of like me>! My two children (by way of my best friend) live in Jax and when both went to purchase homes they steered clear of OP due to the high crime in the area. I know it wasn't that way when you lived there, Rob.

I've never lived thru a tornado - but I guarantee you I will take a hurricane over a tornado any day. With a 'cane you get at least a week's worth of advanced warning & can get yourself prepared. If the 'cane by-passes you, you still have all the beer you stocked up on!! It's a win-win situation!:rotfl:

21. YodaGirl

YodaGirl DIS Veteran

Hope everyone is able to stay safe! :)